Young Writers Society

Alice's Book Covers! [CLOSED FOR MULTIPLE REASONS]

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:28 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

[Title] Blotted Out
[synopsis of your novel] After a good intending experiment goes wrong, people panic. The world goes into lock-down mode, and a safe haven, otherwise known as The Box is opened up to let people in to safety. The catch? Not everyone can fit. A list, created for and by the government, holds the names of every citizen in the province. Those whose names are left are able to enter the box. Those whose names are, blotted out, are left in chaos. But one group doesn't settle for this- one group searches for answers. Another direction. A way to get into The Box.
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] SnazzyPencil
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] I always imagine duller/darker colors (black, grey, white, a light brown, etc.) It would be nice if you could somehow incorporate my MC on there -
Spoiler! :
She's just got long hair, and a kind of skinny-ish/short frame, if that makes sense- but I would prefer her almost "colorless", or sticking to dull colors again.
Eh - I don't know. It's up to you! :D
[Deadline] No deadline for me! Take your time! ;) :D

(I'm super excited!! :D You're really talented in making these!)
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:54 pm
Charm says...

@SpiritedWolfe
Hey I was having a hard time thinking of designs. Is this good? If not could you give me the setting of the story or some significant details.
Attachments
rsz_the.jpg

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:37 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@snazzypencil
Is this one good? I can change something if you want
Attachments
rsz_blottedout.jpg

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:21 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I really do like it, but the only problem is the entire story is set in a desert kingdom xD The beginning half is in a really secluded town that's half of an abandoned city in the middle of nowhere and the rest is basically him trekking through the desert. That could be useful.

Story-wise, he's kind of a wanted felon for most of it. Though in the beginning it's only suspected by law enforcement. He's "busted" and "on the run" a little bit after one of his best friends goes off to marry the price. The only problem is he promised to protect her ages ago and she's also a magic user. They'll kill her the moment they find out and since she's the prince's spouse, it's not long.

Hopefully that's enough?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

277 Reviews

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:52 pm
SkyeWalker says...

[Title] Children of Light: Age of Darkness

[synopsis of your novel] Oookay. Here we go. Basically, it's a story about 6 teens who find that they were born with elemental powers. Plus, you know, time and metal. The first book is about their clash with the army and finding a place to stay. It all takes place in Cambodia, which is basically forest all around.

[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] A.W.S.T. Idk, just put that. Let's see how it looks XD

[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] This may be too much, but would it be possible to have a teenage boy standing in the middle of some ruins? It doesn't really matter what he's wearing, but if you come across a guy in a dramatic looking cloak standing in the ruins too, SNATCH IT. That's my ideal cover picture. For the text, would it be possible to make the series name (Children of Light) smaller, and at the top? Tankoo ^_^

I'm thinking the color scheme would be dark browns, light browns, greens, maybe a touch of red. That would be awesome.

[Deadline] You're awesome and I don't need a deadline. Like, Deadlines are not needed. :D
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:30 pm
Charm says...

@reneia
Are these good? I couldn't find any image with a boy at ruins.
Attachments
rsz_childrenoflight.jpg
rsz_2ageofdarkness.jpg

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:51 am
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

The second one is so much yes. <3 Thank you :D
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

277 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:35 am
Charm says...

Your welcome! @reneia

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:32 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I can't help myself. :3 These are just too darn pretty.

Title: Ordadus
Synopsis of your novel: Two identical twins (aged 22) are torn apart when one of them, off at war, stumbles into a new dimension known as Ordadus. He's been thrown into a world where bits and pieces of history have been stuck together, and without his twin's help, he isn't getting back to Earth anytime soon.
Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials: Wolfie36
Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind: Cold and snow, but with a glimmer of hope at the edges of the cold plains, like a warm sunrise peeking above distant mountains. (like this) Perhaps something with a reindeer-ish creature (preferably with shadowed/indiscernible features), but I can understand that that would be harder to find. Rustic, old-fashioned. You're also free to do anything with the twins.

Thank you in advance! I really can't wait to see what you'll come up with ~
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:48 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

OH MY GOODNESS MAD, THIS IS AMAZING. :D Thank you so much!! :D :D :D
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

277 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:00 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

Your welcome! I'm glad you like it! :D @snazzypencil

277 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:46 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@wolfie36
Hey! I got these two. Tell me if you want any changes~
Attachments
rsz_ordadus.jpg
rsz_1ordadus_1.jpg

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:13 am
View Likes
BookWolf says...

Super excited to see what it's going to look like! :D Here is the info.

Title: Hwy'ithar

Synopsis: Imryll, Commander of the elven army in the great wood of Hwy'ithar, is captured by humans and auctioned off to the highest bidder. She's kept as a servant in a nobleman's house, though he has more plans for her than just serving him dinner.

It isn't long before Lady Nuandelang, queen of Hwy'ithar, launches an attack on the human city to free the elves that have been taken. The action however set forth a series of events that lead to a life or death journey to the Kyroth Mountains in the North. The elves of Hwy'ithar are in desperate need of aid, but it seems that their only hope lies with the aiduor, a race known only for their brutality and savageness. It's a gamble, but sometimes risks must be taken.

Name: Mary Jane B. McGregor

Ideas: Perhaps you could find a really elegant picture of a forest, to represent Hwy'ithar. Or maybe a picture of the Kyroth Mountains in the north. Something with bows maybe? I don't know, haha. :D I'm sure you'll be able to find something really incredible.

Deadline: None. Finish it whenever you get around to it. ;)

Welp, good luck! :D This is the novel that I finished, by the way. Can't wait to see it. If you need anymore information just ask. :3
"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard! To Isengard, to Isengard!"

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:40 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

*squeals* Maddd, these are amazing!!! I adore the old fashioned text you used. Thank you so much <33
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

uwu
— soundofmind