LSS: Dungeons and Detectives OOC

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672

672 Reviews

Fri May 10, 2024 2:12 am
View Likes
Plume says...

@RavenAkuma @yosh @Tambo here's our OOC thread!

As you can see, it's a bit bare as of now. Looking back on some of your posts in the tavern I see some of you had ideas-- feel free to share them below!

Very excited to be working with you all!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri May 10, 2024 2:26 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

I'm excited too, it'll be great getting to know and work with you guys!!

I do have some story ideas, but they're not specifically formatted for a roleplay yet, and they're still a bit crude. I'll share them if you want the options, but right now, I'm curious what your story ideas are, Tambo and Yosh ^^
~ "I am a writer. Therefore, I am not sane." ~

- Edgar Allan Poe

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Fri May 10, 2024 9:11 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

Ok well I have an idea or two to throw out there. (Following is a blurb for a past novel I never finished writing.) I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Spoiler! :
"Even if they steal your skies and clip your wings, you must never forget who you are."

Hundreds of years have passed since the invasion of the heavens, when the humans infamously marched into the skies and clipped the wings of all the angels, effectively making an entire race powerless. Trapped in the heavens as the only human to ever survive above the earth, Phyos is constantly subject to racism from his 'angelic' peers. But even his best friend Kerxz and the army of bullies that follow him around never thought that he was actually the Golden Angel, a supernatural entity that wields indomitable power. After he escapes from the angels to earth, Phyos finds himself entangled in human organizations that plot to do more than just clip their wings. As he journeys through a world that hasn't been touched by angels in centuries, he finds friends, foes, and perhaps to answer to the question that he had been asking since the start: Who, or what exactly is the Golden Angel?

(P.S. I know it's not really a plot for a roleplay, and it's just a blurb so there's really no world building so far, but what do you guys think about the vibe?)
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

271 Reviews

Fri May 10, 2024 11:34 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

I like that a lot! Very cool concept ~ Tambo, what about you?

- Edgar Allan Poe

672 Reviews

Sun May 12, 2024 12:40 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

I also think that concept is super cool! I can also share an idea that's been rattling around in my brain; I think a group of paranormal investigators could be cool, and also super adaptable to wherever and whenever we wanted. I was thinking the main plot could be they come across something that's either 1) not paranormal but is made to look like it, and need to figure out who's behind it (a la scooby doo), or 2) super duper paranormal and they need to figure out how to beat it. This isn't super fleshed out, but I think the setting would inform a lot about the directions we could take this (and make it unique!), and would love to hear back from y'all!

Also welcome @RangerofIthilien!! We're so glad to have you! If you've got any ideas, feel free to share, but by all means, do not feel pressured to!

Double also @Tambo-- I know you mentioned some ideas... care to share? You can just post them here!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

271 Reviews

Sun May 12, 2024 1:34 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

I like that idea too! I feel like it'd be fun for us each to make and narrate an investigator, and maybe we could even take some Phasmophobia inspiration and make some unique ghosts/classifications along the way.

Does anyone else have an idea?

- Edgar Allan Poe

130 Reviews

Sun May 12, 2024 2:47 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

@RavenAkuma why don't you share yours you did mention you had a few

so i took another nap

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun May 12, 2024 2:58 pm
View Likes
RangerofIthilien says...

Thank you! I'm excited to be here! I do have a few Ideas that have been stewing in my mind for many months but just haven't gotten around to actually making them rps yet. Most are very much fantasy.

I also think the paranormal investigator idea is pretty cool! Conveniently enough I have watched a couple phasmophobia videos as of late so I think taking some inspiration from that such a ghost types would be really cool!
”Not all that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.”

-J.R.R.Tolkien

271 Reviews

Sun May 12, 2024 3:31 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@yoshi I think there's mainly one that could would work for a roleplay, but it still needs some fleshing out...

Spoiler! :
After a near-death encounter, a superstitious young human obsessed with urban legends meets the omen of death, Black Dog (who is actually a girl with canine traits), and discovers an underground organization that keeps tabs on several “urban legend” creatures, dating back even to those like Dracula and the raven Nevermore.

Then the story goes into a few arcs after [human]’s wit and obsessive amount of research get him a spot in the creed, and he hunts down rogue entities like Bloody Mary, Skinwalkers, the Rake, Hookman, Teke-Teke, La Llorona, etc. Some may come to cooperate with the creed and go underground for good, whereas others may need more stringent measures. And (maybe) all the while, some of the older legends have found a way to escape their trap, and plot to wreak even more havoc from the shadows…

So yeah, the theme is mainly a spin on famous urban legends. My biggest hesitation in making this a roleplay is that there's probably too much involved lol

- Edgar Allan Poe

130 Reviews

Sun May 12, 2024 5:01 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

love the concept! it sounds actually really similar to plume's, so maybe we can merge those ideas

so i took another nap

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun May 12, 2024 10:07 pm
View Likes
Tambo says...

@Plume I have an idea but I might share it later today because I have school.
“Oh, I wish I could, but I don't want to .” - Phobe Buffay

13 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2024 8:33 pm
View Likes
Tambo says...

This story contains atmepts of Suicide

Spoiler! :
After a Siena calls a suicide hotline and accidentally dials the wrong number. She talks to Goardan, a man who has OCD from the other side of the world about how she wants to kill herself on New Year's. The man won't let that happen. He then embarks on a journey to find this woman and stop her before New Year's. But will his OCD get in the way?

130 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2024 8:54 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

oh wow tambo thats pretty heavy.. i like it though i wonder how to make it into a roleplay

so i took another nap

13 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2024 9:03 pm
View Likes
Tambo says...

Is it too heavy?

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell