z

Young Writers Society

I Am Totally a Real-Life Wizard (Not Clickbait, I Swear!)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:59 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"I believe it is!" Vendetta pulled their purse strap over their head. "Let's have fun and steal a sword blade!"

20 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:07 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Yes, let's." A gleam came into Valeri's eyes.

The siblings walked out of the building and called an Uber. Eventually one arrived, being driven by a friendly minotaur. He made small talk with them while trying to keep his horns from getting stuck in the car's ceiling every time he made a turn.

(53 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:32 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Eventually, the uber pulled up to Kensworthy's home, dropping them off with a final wave and smile.

The home, well estate was a better word, was clearly a party scene. Classical music blared from the open windows, and people constantly poured in through the doors. "Alright, Valeri. I hope you remember enough etiquette to get through this one party."

59 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:28 am
Spearmint says...

"Heh. I'll try to avoid insulting any fancy people like I did last time." Valeri adjusted their necklace, then strolled inside with their sibling, acting like they completely belonged.

The room was grandiose and lit by a chandelier that threw sparkles of light everywhere. There were two staircases curving up along the far wall to a balcony that wrapped around the top of the room. Midway on the staircases was a platform that looked like the perfect place for a speech.

People wearing dresses and suits milled around the room, carrying hors d'oeuvres and champagne in delicate glasses. Valeri accepted a deviled egg from a servant.

"So, where do you think this legendary blade is?"

(115 words)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:32 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"If I remember Kensworthy correctly, he had a trophy room that he would show anyone who asked to see it." Vendetta frowned, carefully dodging a dancing pair. "But he keeps it locked and the key around his neck."

38 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:38 am
Spearmint says...

"Right. So where's--"

Suddenly, there was the clinking of a champagne glass, and Valeri looked up to see Kensworthy on the platform. He grinned slimily at all of his guests, then launched into a speech about how honored he was to have everyone here, and how awesome his party was, right? and blah blah blah.

"Ugh, this guy sucks," Valeri whispered to Vendetta. But there was, without a doubt, the sparkle of something hanging around his neck.

(77 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:58 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"Always has, but there's the key." Vendetta narrowed their eyes at him. "How are we going to get it?"

Kensworthy stepped down from his speech balcony and joined the crowd, making small talk with the patrons and kissing hands.

39 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:59 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“As much as it disgusts me to kiss up to someone like him, I have a feeling that a bit of flattery would do the trick.” Valeri paused a moment. “We’ve dyed our hair, so he probably won’t recognize us now, right?”

(42 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:10 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"It's been a few years too. We probably look older." Vendetta stretched their fingers. "Let's do this, then." They approached Kensworthy, a bright smile on their face. "Mr. Lagunar! What an amazing party."

Kensworthy grinned. "Thank you, thank you! And who may you two ladies be?"

46 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:31 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Avid fans of yours, Mr. Lagunar!" Valeri tried to paste a winning smile on their face, though she suspected it looked awfully like she'd accidentally swallowed a fly.

"Ah, fans! I always love to meet my fans." Kensworthy's grin got even larger.

"Likewise! We've wanted to meet you for ages." Valeri attempted another smile. "And we'd also love to see your famous trophy room, if you'd be so kind as to give us a tour?"

(75 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:50 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Kensworthy grinned. "Oh! You two are the first ones to ask. I'm more than happy to show you."

Vendetta cheered. "Amazing! It would be such an honour to view your collection."

31 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:03 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Valeri nodded, and the two of them followed Kensworthy as he started walking towards the side of the room. But suddenly, he paused, and announced, "I will be giving a tour of my fabulous trophy room in just a moment! Would anyone else like to join and view the wonders of my collection?"

Valeri exchanged a panicked glance with Vendetta. A crowd would complicate things...

(65 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:08 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta leaned in to whisper to Valeri. "If we can distract the crowd, we might be able to steal the blade in the chaos."

A sea of people rose their hands, all of them clamouring to take a tour.

Spoiler! :
I'm on the pad if you want to join. Also also, we could introduce a more sane member of the WANNABES here to help with the heist.

39 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:21 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Chaos? Good idea.”

Kensworthy eagerly lead the crowd through a doorway in the side of the room. After a couple of minutes of walking through gilded hallways, the bustling crowd arrived in front of a pair of carved double doors.

(40 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:30 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

The doors opened to a massive gallery with giant marble tiles and bright fluorescent lights. Swords, battle-axes, shields, and other medieval weapons decorated the walls, some suits of armour displayed in big class compartments.

"Welcome to my collection! Most of the artefacts you see date back to B.C.E."

48 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
— T.S. Eliot