Young Writers Society

katteelogue

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:27 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Hello everyone!

As you can see from the title (I tend to exploit the potential puns I could create from my name lol), this will be my catalogue for all personally requested reviews.

I love to read both fiction and non-fiction (leaning more towards non-fiction).

In following Elysian's format, here will be the genres and literary types I prefer to review:

Spoiler! :

Genres
(for fiction)

Mystery
Science Fiction
Historical Fiction
Romance
Satires

Literary types

Poetry
Novels (hopefully it starts with the first chapter)
Short stories
Essays/Articles (Mostly science, technology, economics. Anything academic.)

Essentially, I can review those that aren't included in the list but they won't be my top priority. To those who might have second thoughts on entrusting their academic essays/articles to me, I've been assigned as a news editor in my school newspaper. Plus, accepting or rejecting my suggestions is always up to you.

Credibility:

Poetry
Two Halves Of a Whole by Anamel
-This is my longest poetry review. Nearly 15K characters as well but like I’ve said in the prose section, you should still read this to see if my review style would please you.
Dreamer|A Poem by F.Lockers
The caesura of broken lines by Haraya
Elephants and Carpets by LadyGemstone
what to write? by Liberty

Novel Chapters
Chapter 1: I'm thinking by Cow
- This is the longest and most detailed prose review I have (also abt 15k+ characs). However, the quantity doesn't determine the quality so if you want to check it for yourself, message me and I can send it to you (the author unpublished the work).
Abernathy's House of Magic Chapter 1 by xenon
Slave Girl Chapter 2.2 by Shadeflame
The Alpha Pack: The Dawn of The Dead Chapter 1.1 by HarryHardy

Short story
Nika by QuoolQuo
Starving Dogs by aeternum

Essays
The Life, Times, and Adventures of the Oxford Comma
Diversification by Kareem Taiwo1

Note: Please don't expect fast reviews because I reread works until I've fully grasp the message you're trying to convey and possibly the grammar mistakes.
Last edited by kattee on Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 20 times in total.
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 pm
View Likes
Catamp says...

Yo yo I'm a crappy gay writer who kind of sucks at it. That being an understatement
I'm starting to write a book called "Pain For The Game" It'd be nice if you could check it out
It's not Done yet but I don't wanna write a book that no one's gonna like

81 Reviews

Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:59 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

On it @Catamp :)
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:04 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Heya! I've skimmed your other poetry reviews and I like them a lot so I was hoping you could review a poem of mine that I just posted - what to write? (it's from this years' NaPo).
*insert quirky signature here*

81 Reviews

Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:12 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Sure, @liberty. I might not do it immediately (Maybe after 1-2 hours?) because I'll be resting a bit. I just finished, Catamps. Is that okay?

edit: On second thought, I might rest a little bit longer. I might not critique it properly because I'm knackered out.

Have a lovely day❤️

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:20 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Naw, it's cool. Take your time! :)
*insert quirky signature here*

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:53 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Hey!

I was wondering if you would review the first chapter of my book A Valkyrie's Dream
I would really appreciate it!
Thanks
-Shade
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

81 Reviews

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:50 pm
kattee says...

Sure! After I do Libs

Have a lovely day❤️

41 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:23 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Hi Katteex! I really liked the review you did for A Valkyrie's Dream, so I was wondering if you would review Slave Girl: Chapter 2.2 for me. I'm sorry that it isn't the first chapter, but if you want to you could just read over the first ones to get context. However, if you don't want to or just don't have time I'm sure you could give a good review for my chapter.
Thank you in advance! :D
Oh, and congratulations on being featured member!
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

81 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:51 pm
kattee says...

Really, @Shadeflame? I thought it wasn't that constructive so that's why I didn't count it as a review. I'll be on it perhaps tomorrow because my article's deadline is today, sorry about that :( . Anyway, thank you again !!

Have a lovely day❤️

41 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

@Katteex
It might have not seemed like much but it actually helped me a lot. :D

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 pm
View Likes
Haraya says...

Hi Katteex! I like how you delve deep into the writers' works when you review them. I hoped you could do the same for my poem Poetry Exercise: The caesura of broken lines.
Last edited by Haraya on Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

81 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:20 pm
kattee says...

Hello, @Haraya. Many thanks for the compliment :). I hope it's alright with you if I'll review your work tomorrow or the day after that?

Have a lovely day❤️

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:24 pm
View Likes
Haraya says...

Yes! It's all right :) .

81 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:43 am
kattee says...

@Haraya: I've already created a review, but I saw that you changed your title? It used to be "Enjambment and Linebreaks." Question, does your title have a relation to your poem or it's just about using Enjambments from the "Poem a week" club prompt (just for clarification)?

@Shadeflame: I might place a review in Chapter 2.2 in a few hours. I'm re-reading the past chapters and taking into account Laela's slightly established personality. I'm also rechecking if my critique doesn't assert my writing style to yours. Sorry about that.

Have a lovely day❤️

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell