The bbcode for urls is
Code: Select all
[url=youngwriterssociety.com]Words[/url]
. Using "=" should work.
Hmm. Let me try.
Test.
[url=google.com]Test.[/url]
Colouring and stuff appears to work.

I got it to work. Try using an = sign instead of a plus and putting www. in the url. http:// isn't necessary.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 am
niteowl says...

I know you probably have little control over this, but my WriterFeedPad keeps crashing. So does the link to "let us know". I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome. I don't know if anyone else is having problems. YWS itself and other pages load fine.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:38 am
Nate says...

Yep, there were some problems with WFP yesterday. It's hosted by a different hosting provider than YWS, so it's on a completely different server.

The issue should be fixed now, but let me know if you run into any further problems.

It's kind of ironic. YWS recently switched from VPS.net to Linode due to problems with VPS.net, but I kept WFP hosted with VPS.net as it was having no issues (it was in a different server cloud). But of course, as soon as I migrate the YWS server, problems with WFP start popping up! Seems like I'll never be rid of VPS.net problems.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm
View Likes
queenofscience says...

Ok, I am on my ipad and whenever I get notifications they work. However, whenever they say that somone posted on my wall and I click on them, they don't work. I am unable to see them on my wall. Somone by the name Happypotter or somthing like that and ARY and others I can't see on the wall. Please help.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:20 pm
Kale says...

It's a bug with the notifications system. It's annoying, but at least it doesn't break things. XD

---

As for a bug report: trying to view the portfolios of members who haven't posted any works results in a General Error.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 am
indieeloise says...

Not sure if this is considered a "site bug," but basically, I logged onto YWS with my Mac about half an hour ago. I was not allowed to log in: the message said that my IP address had been permanently banned from the site because I had too many accounts on my one computer.

I have never created nor logged into any other account than this one, indieeloise. I'm only able to report this because I borrowed my mom's computer.

The question is, did I really do something wrong that I'm not aware of, or was it a mistake? I'm really hoping that this can be fixed; I couldn't stand being banned from YWS for the rest of my life. I love this place.

If you could address this issue whenever you find the time, it'd be so helpful.

Thanks!
Indie.
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

425 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 am
Nate says...

Indie, is it possible you could send me the IP address of the computer you had trouble on? You can get it from here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 am
indieeloise says...

Thanks so much for the quick response, know you're a busy man Nate!
Last edited by indieeloise on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm
whitewolfpuppy says...

Hey there! When I go to my wall, some days it won't let me look at the different comments I have and it won't let me leave any either. I can post statuses, just not comments or see them. Help please!
Sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Cʏᴀɴɪᴅᴇ
⊱ fear ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ c h o i c e . ⊰

~ Knight Onyx

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:38 am
Mochi says...

Okay so I guess the notifications thing isn't just me, it's a general bug. I'm glad I checked here xD I'm also getting notifications telling me there's been a reply on my wall but there's nothing there...
Vous trouvez l'océan trop clair, trop noir, trop bleu ;
Vous détestez le ciel parce qu'il montre Dieu ;
-Victor Hugo «À ceux qui sont petits»

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:42 pm
View Likes
BilbosToes says...

Hi :)

My problem is that I can't seem to edit any of my work so it formats into paragraphs. So I'm left with one massive chunk of text- and that ain't nice!
I've tried everything, from the enter, tab and space keys, and nothing really is working :(
It's been happening since I joined, so 30th Jan 2013.
And I'm on Windows 8, opening YWS in Internet explorer :)

Please help me and my technological failures!
Thank you

-Toes

425 Reviews

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:31 pm
Nate says...

Hey Bilbo, please provide a link to the work in question. Thanks!

Edit

Found the work. Send me a copy of the original document to nate@youngwriterssociety.com. I'll take a look at it and try to figure out what went wrong.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:23 pm
noninjaes says...

That's a common problem with interent explorer.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:58 am
Stori says...

Like Indiee said, I received a notice saying I was banned. This was at Grandma's house so I don't know the IP address; it happened around 7:50 pm eastern time. Both I and Grandma use Mozilla Firefox.

425 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 am
Nate says...

Clearly, your Grandma was trolling YWS ;)

If you can get me the IP address of your grandma's computer, I can unban it. In the meantime, we probably do need to shorten our IP ban list given that two users have run into unintended IP bans in the past month.

you should no this
— Hijinks