z

Young Writers Society

YWS: Apollo Updates Thread

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:42 pm
Dynamo says...

What's the ETA on the return of YWS's Clubs?
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:21 pm
View Likes
DevanEWilliams says...

I've been having problems lately with editing some of my work. When I go to edit it the first time, it's all fine and good. However, if I go back and do a second revision, what comes up in the textbox is the original piece, without the first revisions. This has happened to me several times. Is this happening to anyone else?
Stay away from limbo bears.
And always have extra marshmallows on hand in case of emergencies.

High Quality Reviews Available Here! viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96280

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm
Sins says...

What Devan said.

Although I've only posted two things since the Apollo updates began, I have the same problem with editing both pieces. Unlike Devan though, it hasn't just been happening lately. It's been a problem since the updates began, I think.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 am
MiaParamore says...

I third that.

The same thing started happening to me, too when I posted a piece couple of days back. We need to fix that, I think.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

1488 Reviews

Reviews: 1488
Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:56 pm
IcyFlame says...

Without feeling too much of a copycat I fourth that.
It's only happened to me on one of my pieces; I think it was about a week ago.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks for bringing the editing problem up! What's going on is that every revision you do is saved in the database, and those revisions will eventually be accessible so that you can compare and contrast versions. However, I forgot to take that into account when editing!

Browsing Literary Works

Based on some feedback, I'm going to be changing the set up of the Browse area. I'm not sure to what exactly, but it's going to look similar to a forum set-up. Keep in mind they won't be actual forums; they'll just be organized in a similar fashion. It should make for easier browsing as the two-column format just isn't cutting it.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:09 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

I just wanted to ask if it's going to be possible to edit statuses eventually. I keep making typos in them and I'm not sure how much longer my OCD can take it.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Or, at least delete statuses. That would be useful.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:11 pm
Cspr says...

So, hey, I wanted to report a glitch. Not sure if this is the correct place to do that, but, yeah.

Okay, so on two of my poems I submitted, it says I have comments--one on one, three on another--but I can't see any on the first, and only two on the second. Is this a common thing right now? I can link to the works if it would help! It's confusing me and it sort of got my hopes up...
My SPD senses are tingling.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 pm
Nate says...

Cspr wrote:So, hey, I wanted to report a glitch. Not sure if this is the correct place to do that, but, yeah.

Okay, so on two of my poems I submitted, it says I have comments--one on one, three on another--but I can't see any on the first, and only two on the second. Is this a common thing right now? I can link to the works if it would help! It's confusing me and it sort of got my hopes up...

Can you provide the links?

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:19 pm
Cspr says...

Yes!

So, the first time it happened, there were already two reviews. Then it showed I had three reviews and, nope, still only two reviews. Here: work.php?id=96153

Here's the second one in which it shows I have one review, but I have none. Here: work.php?id=96274

Thanks for the fast response. :)
My SPD senses are tingling.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:29 pm
Rydia says...

The General Storybook Discussion forum doesn't seem to be showing up when you view new posts/ posts since you last visited the site. I wondered if that could be changed? The specific discussion and storybooks themselves show up so it's probably just got missed off the list somehow.

<33

*Edit* Okay so responses to those posts are so I wonder if I'm just missing something here. I'll try testing this later.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Reviews: 2
Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 am
GoofySmurf says...

Hey, IE the blue search logo won't show up. (I'm on my grandmas dinosaur.)
Ehh, who knows what to put here anymore.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:36 pm
LadySpark says...

Hey Nate!
I was just wondering something, and it occurred to me when I was looking for some songs and then remembered they're only on WFP.
Are you planning to pick that back up at some point? I'd really like to get in there and get all my stuff :/ It's okay if you're not though! I was just wondering xD
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:15 pm
ToritheMonster says...

I'm a little confused, and maybe it's simple, but can we still change fonts/font colours? I am technologically impaired, but perhaps it's really just not there.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn