User avatar

yoha_ahoy

  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: I'm a flower

    Very cute story. And I agree with KJ, a different hook is very much needed. I thought it to be quite amateur which is quite contradictory to the quality of ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: dawn with fox.

    Very good. I enjoyed your style as well. Just one big thing I noticed, being an artist myself... “Oh, I don’t know,” Marianne lingers behind him, careful to keep her ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Human Side of Things (Sept 13 to Sept 17)

    Wow, sorry this took me so long to get to, but I'm still hooked! I read straight through from sentence one which is quite the hook. I'm thinking maybe it's ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Encantado First Person Part 1

    I hope you can open MS Word docs. If not, let me know and I'll fix it. ;) Overall: Overall, I felt like your dialogue is lacking. You need stronger ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Missing you (not even an echo)

    I could twist and toss this feeling, or throw it to the wind, alas still, like your lingering presence It will be there, etched on my eyelids Why the random ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Raincatcher -- Part One

    Questions: 1. Is this post a good length, or would you rather I post longer/shorter segments at a time? Perfect posting length for me. Only take a couple minutes to ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Antithetic Love

    Dark, empty and confined in a lightless, dirty room within a thousand screaming , [comma] listless[s],[/s] [no comma] -when you're listing two descriptions, you need commas between them, but not ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: That Night

    I like this. It's creepy but it's good. First, I like the repetition especially as in this part: "as eyes met eyes, mouth met mouth, flesh met flesh," Awesome. Then, ...

    May 14, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I Always Thought

    "Songs were about [s]busses[/s] buses ," I know it looks weird, but I believe that's how it's spelled. "Cuts were wha t happened when you fell over," Typo. "Ro m ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Into the Blue

    This is a beautiful first attempt at poetry! But as Adna said, it could be so much better if you expanded on this. You've got a good concept here, but ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Them

    I like it so far! "little comments spew from their mouths like vomit of the tongue." I'd move this line break to be like so. Good, good! I think it ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My Desert Rose

    Welcome to the YWS! This is sort of cute and short. But too short. I don't really have much to say about it other than you really need to expand ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: deleted.

    This is quite simple, but one thing I think would make this infinitely better, is to take off the tags. i.e. "Sight, Sound, Touch, Smell, Taste." Then see if they ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Truly Alive

    "Who shades the burning sun of Aloneness. When my family Laugh at the dinner table." Aloneness and Laugh should be lowercase unless you're trying to creat emphasis (which doesn't feel ...

    May 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Writers Block

    Welcome to the YWS! "But words fail me, My pen bleeds... I ponder for words With my pen blotting the paper" The repetition of "words" and "pen" in this bothers ...

    May 11, 2008


I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11