User avatar

tgham99

tgham99

  • Poetry » Fantasy, Other Re: don't let the light burn you

    My first reaction when reading this poem is how much I thoroughly enjoyed the title. The dichotomy and almost oxymoronic action of light -- a typically "good" or "positive" symbol ...

    Dec 29, 2019
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Dear Mom

    I love the sense of yearning that you express in this poem. You do a great job of representing that desire to both seek out a mother's love without letting ...

    Dec 29, 2019
  • Poetry » Fantasy, Other Re: to the bone

    Just a few comments because this is a lovely poem overall! In terms of punctuation, you use commas, but not periods -- I'm assuming that this is intentional, and serves ...

    Dec 29, 2019
  • Poetry » Humor, Humor Re: What Is Christmas All About?

    I love that you put a humorous spin on the holidays rather than choosing to go for a heavily introspective one; I loved the last line! I'm always a fan ...

    Dec 28, 2019
  • Poetry » Realistic, Review Re: School

    As others have mentioned, perhaps upping your word choice/vocabulary would make the poem a bit stronger, but it's definitely very relatable, especially when the stress of going back to school ...

    Dec 27, 2019
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Dear Life

    I love the usage of rhetorical questions to open and close the poem. It engages the reader from the beginning and feels like a strong way to force the reader's ...

    Dec 27, 2019


As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda