User avatar

tgham99

tgham99

  • Poetry » General, General Re: My Friends Have Friends

    This is a very thought-provoking poem, and I feel like the best way for me to review it is to start off with my personal interpretation, so I apologize if ...

    Feb 27, 2020
  • Article / Essay » Realistic, Other Re: Statement of Purpose

    I really like the approach that you took when responding to the prompt. I'm not sure if the right word is "meta" but that's the feeling I got while reading; ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Art » Realistic, Dramatic Re: Monster by Maria Roundoff

    Hi there! Jumping in for a review. I wanted to start off by saying that, though this is a very interesting piece to read, I was left fairly confused by ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, Narrative Re: The Loaded Words

    Hi there! Jumping in for a review. In terms of things I liked: I appreciate the fact that this is a relatively straightforward poem, and I love the metaphor you ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Other » Realistic, Other Re: FDR's New Deal Program was a Success

    I love reading essays so I wanted to jump in and leave a review for you here! First off: I think your hook is very strong; introducing the topic with ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Poetry » Realistic, Other Re: die b**** :p

    Wow -- that's all I can say when reading through this for the first time. This is such a powerful poem, which I actually think works well with the fact ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Short Story » Mystery / Suspense, Horror Re: Bone Pointing - 02

    Right off the bat, the imagery of this story stood out to me. This passage specifically: Cold-sweat, numb limbs that inch by inch feel less like they belong to your ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Art » Realistic, General Re: Cup of tea

    Very interesting piece -- I like the repetition and the way the poem seems to represent the way a child views the world around them. I like that the poem ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Art » Dramatic, General Re: From a Frustrated Student

    From a college student: this was a very relatable description of what it's like to sit down at your desk and think about tackling the piles of work that accompany ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Other » Realistic, General Re: Mardi Gras in St. Louis

    I like that this piece is written in first person, because narratives are always super fun for me to read. Mardi Gras is an event/day that I don't have much ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Realistic Re: Last walk

    Right off the bat, I loved the repetition of this line: "broken-in shoes resist the urge to sit" With poetry across all genres, repetition quite literally acts as a way ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Poetry » Politics, General Re: canada is dead

    As you know, I'm always a huge fan of your works and this is most definitely no exception! As @PlainandSimple wrote, I'm not very much into politics, but that didn't ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Dramatic Re: Cupid

    I like that this story is concise, which goes really well with the repetition of Cupid's name -- "Cupid wept", "Cupid hated it", etc. I personally am not a fan ...

    Feb 23, 2020
  • Short Story » Humor, Narrative Re: Randy

    I like that this story is definitely very clear, and we get a good sense of who Randy is and what his main conflict is. I tend to enjoy short ...

    Feb 21, 2020
  • Poetry » Fantasy, General Re: Mr. Mermaid

    The first thing I noticed (and loved) about this poem is the alliteration and assonance. It stood out to me in many lines, but some of my favorites were: "Quickening ...

    Feb 20, 2020


Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero