z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language Mature Content

Monster by Maria Roundoff

by MariaDevinislucky


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and mature content.

I couldn’t help but be drawn to the power. Being above someone for the first time in my life made me feel important. And the way she bent to my will made it even more attractive. If you want to blame anyone for that had happened, blame her. That siren bewitched my mind with her body. It called to me and tricked me. When we met it was at the bar and she came up to me. She looked at the ground and did that stupid hair twirling thing. So I said hi like a prefect gentleman and we talked, for awhile. She whined about her fiancé and how she didn’t like how he never took any action. So she got drunk and I took her to my room. You see! She wanted it and yeah I heard her say no,but she moaned with pleasure. At least I assumed it was pleasure. So I kept going. She wanted a man that would take action so that’s what I did! And the fact that she surrendered her life to me made me feel even more like a god. I conquered her and she was mine to take. Now that bitch has me in all this mess. She is the problem not me, I just followed my instincts And the more I took the more I wanted. I was enchanted by her. When she bit her lips it flushed a lustful wanting in my body. So when I heard the news from my girl that she wanted nothing to do with me. i tried to call her and she had blocked me from everything. Over time I had learned she told people I hurt her, that I touched her, that She was innocent, that I had forcefully thrown myself upon her, I thought this was mutual. I thought she wanted it as bad as me. No actually She did wanted it. She asked for it. With that body with those alluring eyes. She wanted me not the other way around. Now she has fooled all these other people to believe this ridiculous story. Then Well I hunted her, as she puts it. AfterAll I knew her schedule. I planed it. And she would be easy to find since she was such “helpless” prey. I confronted her a month later and feeling the rage pulsating through my body i couldn’t help it so I .... she cried... she laid there wailing pleading saying sorry to me as I stood above her. Her tear stained eyes and infecting red veins sang their pains to me. She seemed so helpless and alone. With all these people around her and no one stopping me. Every bruise and cut I wove through her skin showed through her clothes. Then I realize all those sounds she had made weren’t of love but of fear and wounds that I had created. I was a monster.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
111 Reviews


Points: 9075
Reviews: 111

Donate
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:18 pm
tgham99 wrote a review...



Hi there! Jumping in for a review.

I wanted to start off by saying that, though this is a very interesting piece to read, I was left fairly confused by the end. The actual length wasn't necessarily the issue; there was a lack of context and detail that made it difficult to discern exactly what was going on and, from a reader's perspective, this can make it frustrating to make it through the entire piece, even if the plotline or main message itself is fascinating.

To start, there are a few places in which grammar mistakes get in the way of the reader's ability to understand what's going on. You have some sentences that don't end in punctuation and therefore create confusion in terms of where one thought ends and another one starts. Similarly, you have a couple of spots where random letters are capitalized or a particular comma/period is missing, so I would definitely consider going back and reviewing this piece to check for spelling and grammar mistakes.

In terms of clarity, as I mentioned above, it would be helpful if we got a little more detail regarding what's actually happening; "Now that bitch has me in all this mess" is one example of a line that's very intense, but its power is dampened because there's too much going on to really clearly understand what's going on. You do a good job of describing this other person (at least, I'm assuming it's another person rather than the speaker themselves -- please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), but the lack of context makes it hard to figure out why exactly the speaker feels and thinks the way they do.

In regards to structure, I would most definitely consider breaking up the paragraph into shorter paragraphs. As it is right now, the piece is just a large block of text, which makes it hard to read and can actually act as a deterrent to others who come across it.

I hope this review was helpful and please don't take offense -- the storyline itself is captivating and with a few changes, it could be made even stronger!

Write on ♡



Random avatar


Thank you for all the advice I will definitely fix all those! Also sorry for the bad grammar I%u2019m not good at grammar to begin with %uD83D%uDE02



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 405
Reviews: 54

Donate
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:08 pm
PlainandSimple wrote a review...



Hello! Here to review your work!

I just want to say this story is full of so much. I can't tell who the monster is in this because the man thought what he has done was mutual, however, the woman told a different story. It leaves the reader thinking and leaves me thinking about all the sexual cases that have been released recently. It is a huge problem that needed to be talked about and still does, so it is very brave of you. There are always two sides to a story, and not everyone cares about the man's story. And actually I've never heard the guy's point of view on cases like this. You really showed that side, so great job there. Also, the ending is really impactful!

I have two things that bother me. You forgot spaces in a few places along with periods and commas. My other problem is that it is too compact. I think maybe you should just split it into two paragraphs to make it a tiny bit easier to read. Otherwise, this is perfect.

I will be reading more of your work, great job!

_ From your friend,
@PlainandSimple _



Random avatar


Personal I have been abused and I was writing a price on a victim for class since it was a deep topic I could relate too and I wanted to do the predators point of view since no matter how much I looked I couldn%u2019t find any short stories with how he felt. I like to try to believe they have a heart and wish to change things too... so I guess you could say this was a practice round for my paper :) so I%u2019m sorry for the confusing parts thank you so much for the advice



User avatar
85 Reviews


Points: 14
Reviews: 85

Donate
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 pm
View Likes
Anamel wrote a review...



At first, I thought the girl in this story was actually a siren, but at the end I figured that was just more of a metaphor. I thought it was going to be a fantasy story ending up with her pulling him into the ocean and eating him alive or something. I'm surprised at the ending but it's also quite sad. Calling her a siren makes it sounds like she was the one in control and that she had the power above him. Being a siren means she could just lure him in and dispose of him at any time, like him being her dinner. Using this metaphor really shows the twisted and disgusting viewpoint of the man in this story, so I appreciate it. Since it was told by him, the reader can't really distinguish what parts he misunderstood and made up in his mind about their interaction and what was true and what wasn't. I also like what you did there because it leaves the reader questioning.

He also says he said "hi" like the perfect gentleman. Anyone on this earth can say hi and it means absolutely nothing, so I found it funny that saying hi magically makes you a perfect gentleman. It shows his sexist and warped viewpoint. The use of the word conquered really added to making his gross character show. Your story is short but it has all the necessary components which is great. The only problem here besides some grammar issues is the blocky format. It could throw some readers off or confuse them when they're trying to read. I suggest separating up the paragraphs and doing some line breaks. Otherwise, I don't have anything to comment on and the ending was impactful.



Random avatar


Thank you soooo much!!! You all have given good advice (sorry about the grammar in the piece I know it really needs fixed) and just in case it does this on this comment too my phone is pressing random buttons and glitches sorry if this comment is also hard to read




Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic