User avatar

paintingtherain97

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The candle in the window

    This is great, from the first to last line. I didn't see any grammatical errors, but there are a few things I think you could do to improve upon this ...

    Dec 20, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Icky, Sticky Spider!

    This is really good. It has a natural, prose-y feel to it, despite a great rhyme scheme. The title is a little bit childish, but it kind of drew me ...

    Dec 20, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: tv in the kitchen

    This is better than anything I could have written, so I'm gonna go the nit-picky route. Sorry. our blood was burnt in a pot on the stove the rats turned ...

    Dec 20, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Shadow Poets

    This is really great! It's like you've put into words exactly what I've been thinking forever, and I'm sure a lot of the other writers on here would agree. I ...

    Nov 23, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: In Time General.

    In Time, All things become clear Like lambs to the slaughter, the sand draws near, (This should be a period, not a comma.) Forward they charge Cannon blasts at large, ...

    Nov 23, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Shameless

    I thought this was great! The revulsion that you're trying to show is practically dripping from the poem. I liked that you used a lot of figurative language: metaphors, similes, ...

    Nov 23, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: A Cursed Love

    I like this for a few reasons: 1. It was short. I don't like reading a poem that's really a novel. Kudos because that isn't a problem here. 2. Your ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Other » General, General Re: New Words

    I'm not sure what to say to this. I used to try to make up words. These are funny, though. They sound like something high school guys would say in ...

    Nov 20, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: November

    I really like this. I like the angsty way that you're addressing the world, comparing days that are weighted with problems to those of the beautiful spring. You're having trouble ...

    Nov 20, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Internal Battles

    I've read a million love poems, and this is the first one that isn't sappy and stupid. Congrats. I really like the beginning two stanzas. It really jumped to life, ...

    Nov 20, 2011
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Nelson (temporary title)

    This is great, especially if it's your first story. I think it really gives a good picture about black life back then. People always believe it's so easy to overcome ...

    Oct 31, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Halloween

    This is great. The language was nice. It had a nice sound to it, sharp and clean-cut like the angles on a square. The way you included all of the ...

    Oct 31, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: it's all melted away.

    I love this. The melancholy, almost wistful tone, is great for a poem about entering hard times. I like the way you used the rabbit as a sort of symbol ...

    Oct 30, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Headlights

    This is really good. I love the concept and the imagery. I liked your use of similes, too. But I think that the flow could have been better. It was ...

    Oct 21, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: If...

    Nice job. I've battled with depression, still am, and this really captures the feeling well. I liked your sort of...random rhyme scheme, with some of the rhymes in the lines. ...

    Oct 15, 2011


Wait.. so it wasnt the chicken or the egg. It was HOP! Hop came first!!
— LadyMysterio