User avatar

olivia1987uk

  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: ForEver, ForNever, ForAlways (Prologue)

    I love this...and anybody who knows me will realise I NEVER say that straight away! Everyone has obviously picked up on all the niggling little problems judging by the sheer ...

    May 19, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Pregnant at 17

    I think the majority of so called "mistakes" have been picked up by the other member and fellow instructor that have already critiqued your work. SO, trying not repeat what ...

    May 19, 2009
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Cut - Very Short Fiction

    Hi I liked this, don't get me wrong, but it almost seemed more like a descriptive piece of writing rather than a short story...I don't think enough action happened to ...

    Apr 23, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: hidden heart

    Hey Sorry to state the obvious but we have to be careful about including things like vampires and werewolves with the current Twilight saga being so popular and mainstream.... you ...

    Apr 23, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: It Hurts...

    Hi... Are you sure you wouldn't prefer this as a script? Even if you didn't and you wanted to keep this amount of dialogue you need to add more description ...

    Apr 23, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: An Inch From Perfect

    You've done really well on this and I'm certainly not surprised you got a good grade for this piece... I'm quite interested in what literary magazine you're thinking of submitting ...

    Apr 22, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: A Burwood Tale - Chapter One

    Hello again! I told you I would be back! Hehehehe! There's a few minor errors in here in terms of capitalisation missing every now and again and whatnot but you're ...

    Apr 22, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: A Burwood Tale - Prologue

    Hi Joshuapaul... I'm going to read the first chapter straight away so I promise to give you my comments on that as well... The tense worries me...he "wondered" but now ...

    Apr 22, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Hanako

    Hi! Nice to meet you as a new member! Hope you stick around long enough for us all to get to know each other a little better! I didn't think ...

    Apr 22, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Imo: Split personality (2)

    I'll do a proper review later as I haven't got time to give it the credit it deserves at the mo... You know I love your writing... Thanks for letting ...

    Feb 25, 2009
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Not Far From Home

    I like this...a lot. I'd be really interested to see other entries for this two. You managed to grab and hold my attention and although this should be relatively easy ...

    Feb 10, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: roses are just roses after all

    I also felt the lack of punctuation took away from the flow of the seemed stunted and unfinished without the professionality you'd find from capitalisation and what have you.... The ...

    Feb 10, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Imo: Split personality

    Dougie joked, placing his pen down and pushing the leaflets into the centre of the circle table we were both sitting at. Circular table..... I didn’t really have any friends ...

    Feb 10, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: No Title Yet *Not Finished*

    I often find the best way to review someone's work in terms of grammar, particularly to read it aloud. I did this with your piece and found myself struggling. There ...

    Feb 10, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: The Reunion

    I'll write this is in the quick reply box before I forget what I wanted to say...Lily's first comment isn't actually right...both ways of phrasing convey the same meaning and ...

    Dec 31, 2008


You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.
— Rod Serling