User avatar

nixonblitzen

  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Back To Nantucket, Part one.

    Hi, mechi! I have to say, I love it. The writing sounds like a real book! Can't wait for the next part. She turned off the stove and dumped her ...

    Jun 24, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Fighting

    Hi, Gwendolen! Welcome to YWS! Don't forget the 2:1 policy - make sure to do 2 reviews for every 1 piece of writing that you post. I like this. The ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Addiction

    Hi, GreatEscape. He only went inside the café because it was the first place he’d spotted where he could smoke inside . It was raining outside and he wanted warm ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Rosa never swims with me.

    This is really lovely, Eraqio. Reminds me of Annabel Lee by Poe. I like the rhyme. They found her face down in the water, peaceful as can be, but none ...

    Jun 23, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Unnamed

    Wow, Krupp's right! A poem that has a rhyme scheme and an actual rhythm? That is a rarity. So well done, just for that. I have to say I don't ...

    Jun 22, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Nonsense Composed on the M25

    Dear Raimunda, These are really quite lovely. As nonsensical as ever I could have hoped. The first three near perfection. I guess I could nitpick and ask, what does it ...

    Jun 22, 2009
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Writing Letters to a Ghost Town.

    Do you really want your innermost thoughts and feelings critiqued? Well, I'll just say a few things. Obviously, this had a very intimate, spoken type of feel. Like a stream ...

    Jun 22, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Ode to my French Teacher

    Hello, fluteluvr. And yet, so many memories Have been made I don't like the passive voice here. There’s so much to thank for It’s hard to think of it all ...

    Jun 22, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Regiments, scene 2

    Hi, again! She watched as people strolled mindlessly, almost robotically, like zombies down East Avenue on the eroding sidewalks that traced the buildings in the city like old chalk. I ...

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Regiments

    Hi, 82manycookies. Cute username! Don't forget the 2:1 YWS policy - 2 reviews for every 1 story/poem/etc. you post. The trees swayed harmoniously in the channeled wind that crept around ...

    Jun 9, 2009
  • Script » General, General Re: In-Limbo

    Hello, Drama Queen! This is pretty well-written. I didn't find any spelling or grammar errors. I do wonder why "in-limbo" is hyphenated. Why isn't it just "You're in limbo"? Unless ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Other » General, General Re: Still Standing

    Hi, Ashleigh. A story, with such emotion that your gut will wrench in pain as if you were the being it was happening to. You don't need the comma here. ...

    Jun 6, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: What Happened a poem about today's lazy society

    Hi, Hao! Great poem. Really sad. I think it is a bit long. You have four stanzas of "What happened to this?" and "What happened to that?" The lament started ...

    Jun 6, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I Am Geek!

    Hello, Geek. Interesting poem. I Am Geeek Please stick to standard spellings. My apologies if this is a typo. I am a geek. I can apply the force to any ...

    Jun 5, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Things to be happy about

    I want to hug you, this made me so happy. I like that this is very sensory. It involves tastes and smells and sounds and temperatures and I can feel ...

    Jun 4, 2009


Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau