Random avatar

bigwordsarecool

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Birth of Magic [COMPLETELY Rewritten]

    OK, let me first say that I'm not a huge fan of weird format just for the sake of weird format. And now that I've said THAT, let me say ...

    Jun 22, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Sand

    I like the images in this poem (except for the image of Davy throwing up, haha,) but I feel like the body of it could have used more poetic language. ...

    Jun 22, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Glass Wall

    I think you need top not repeat "Through glass I see..." so often. It detracts from the poem. I'm going to suggest what I just suggested for someone else's poem ...

    Jun 22, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Inside

    I have to agree with bubblewrapped, the poem didn't really leave an impression on me other than one of faint annoyance. And I don't meant o be rude, not at ...

    Jun 22, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: maitolaituri

    Overall, I really liked this poem. I liked the images of a spent childhood and the melancholy tone of it. However, I feel like some of the breaks were awkward, ...

    Jun 22, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Die To Forget

    A few parts, mainly the "been chose" line and the last couplet seem really forced. I appreciate the feeling behind this poem, but I really wish it were a little ...

    Jun 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Elevator Heaven 1

    I must agree with the other two people who reviewed this in saying that this seems less like a poem that it does a storyline. Or maybe not really a ...

    Jun 20, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: En Route to Portland: Departing 1:45 AM

    "gold crosses next to skin mags" The contrast of the image sin this line is amazing. "as for other news J.Lo's baby has three heads London bomb kills ten" My ...

    Jun 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Kaboom and there’s your decision.

    Is this even a poem? It just seems like a weird daydreaming narrative you would think to yourself in your head. Like...you know how little kids kind of narrate their ...

    Jun 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: For all teens

    I feel like working in such a structured rhyming scheme kind of messed up the feeling of this poem. It seems more like a nursery rhyme, a cautionary tale that ...

    Jun 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: deleted

    "Innocent smiles that seemed to Brighten up his side Seems like a weird line break, perhaps "Innocent smiles that seemed/ To brighten up his side?" "Cheeks like fresh roses, And ...

    Jun 19, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: We

    I like how you move from one idea to another so quickly in this poem. It creates a kind of flying above the landscape feeling, if you know what I ...

    Jun 18, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Please Mommy

    I like the fact that you portrayed a family pet like a child. But I think the poem needed to reflect the unique-ness (is that even a word?) of the ...

    Jun 18, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Dangers of Daydreaming

    It all sounds pretty forced, but as far as something used to attempt to end Writers' Block, it's much better than I would have done. Believe me, I have eked ...

    Jun 15, 2010


Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn.
— Thomas Gray