User avatar

Veritas

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Life Lessons

    This is very short, simple, and beautiful. Your mastery of language is very commendable and keeps the reader interested. The title is what pulled me in, I think. Everyone is ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: World That I Create

    Oh! Oh! I wrote something like this with the exact same title!!! I was a little suspicious upon opening it. XD You did a great job with this and i ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: count on me

    Wow this is smooth! My friend walked by and looked at me funny because i was singing along XD I tried all different styles and even tried rapping it. (Fail.) ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Because

    First of all, welcome to YWS! You're going to love it here! I just joined a bit over a week ago and I've fallen in love with this place. Just ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Things I Just Have to Say

    So these are the things you just have to say, huh? Wow, that's a lot of things XD Please, please, please! We need stanzas! It literally hurts the reader to ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Dreams

    I hate being critical but the point is to improve in your writing. I found this rather cliche. This is something I wrote a little over a year ago. I ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The World is Spinning in Deep Effect

    Hey, welcome to YWS! I think this poem was short and brilliant! The title was what caught my eye, it's very unusual which makes it interesting. You probably shouldn't make ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Roof.

    Concept is perfect, it just wasn't displayed as well as it could have been. The emotion was flat partly because of the unnecessary rhymes. This can be really good if ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: vegetarianism

    I enjoyed this! I tried to be a vegetarian and was defeated by a plate of steak at a BBQ. Meat was just to good give up. I don't think ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Death Of A Legend

    Wow, this should be in a book somewhere! It completely reminded me of a Greek story, specifically the Odyssey. Claiming god-status in the end really put the edge on the ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Now a Skeleton

    I was confused as well about the "I am her creator" thing but the end cleared that up :) This was very descriptive and captivating and it reminds me a ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Sinking

    Hey there! I saw that you were a girl and you're my age so I thought I'd read and review this. Maybe we can be friends :) Anyway, the poem! ...

    Jul 5, 2011
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Why the Wolf Howls to the Glowing Moon

    I don't think that people understand how hard writing a folktale is. You have to incorporate detail (but not too much) dialogue, emotion (sometimes), and have it all come together ...

    Jul 4, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Impression of a Generation

    I got the message but I really had to fight for it. I hate giving negative reviews but I didn't really like this one. Either it didn't make much sense ...

    Jul 4, 2011
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Retards Attempting Poetry :)

    Retards attempting poetry...how accurate. I'm not much for things that use language but this was actually really good because it was true. Most rap is nothing more than some guy ...

    Jul 4, 2011


The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians