User avatar

Upile

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Broken heart

    this is a nice poem I think. There is feeling and that's great. Heartbreak is a terribly emotion and like the first commentator said I feel this is a poem ...

    Feb 19, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: That Night

    hey there,thanx a lot. well any criticism is good criticism and perfection is a lie. 'dress of fire' as in a red dress. i needed to add a little flavour ...

    Feb 19, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Magician

    wow this is a neat poem. It is very descriptive yet very mysterious. Is he old is he young? or is he old but is stuck at the same age? ...

    Feb 19, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Death's Embrace

    This is quite a dramatic piece, a lot of rhyming. But it's effective, a picture formulates in my mind which is great because that essentially means I get it. Good ...

    Feb 19, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Essential

    Thanks a lot. This isn't the last from me. I promise u that.Now i just have to figure out how to change where it is. This site is kinda confusing. ...

    Feb 19, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The Homeless Man Who's Always at Home

    Quite touching, i like the way the stanzas are short but are just right. The masochism is clearly reflected I think. good work.

    Feb 19, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Logical Love

    wow, very lovely work. I am inspired. Not too much and not too little, the perfect mix. Bravo!

    Feb 19, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Face of Fear

    It definitely fits the dramatic criteria, very gripping. i like the rhythm it definitely pulls the reader in. I can feel what this poem is saying.

    Feb 19, 2011


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch