User avatar

StoryWeaver13

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: never to believe

    I think simplycomplex got it right with saying that it sounded kind of ranting...you got your emotions across but didn't give us a taste of what you were feeling or ...

    Sep 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Army (BVB)

    Wow, this is really a dramatic and powerful piece, I like it. This is a call to the outcasts, that the world looks down upon. We’re all the soldiers, and ...

    Sep 8, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Sound of Sunshine

    Wow, I like it! There's something about it that gives it a simple, natural flow while also allowing for enough depth to give us imagery and emotion. I also like ...

    Aug 28, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: In the Shadow of the Day

    I just didn't think this captured the emotion enough for me. I think you told without portraying, and that was what made this not work out. It needed more depth, ...

    Aug 22, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Mine

    Wow, I'm impressed, my first poem sounded like...well, I'm not even gonna go there, but this is a really great start and shows a whole lot of potential. The poem ...

    Aug 22, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Writers' Crusade (Against Typo Demons)

    There were parts of it that just felt kinda off, but all the same I thought this was a really fun and creative poem! The only problems came from the ...

    Aug 22, 2010
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Door

    Well first off I don't think this belongs under historical fiction, because even if it's taking place in the past we really aren't getting much of a sense of that, ...

    Aug 22, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The prophecy

    Yeah, the writers before me really hit the nail on the head with their corrections. Your writing in general shows need for improvement but also reveals a lot of promise, ...

    Aug 22, 2010
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Mirror Trick

    Overall I think this was pretty good, the general idea of a magician and mirrors was a great imagery, and this was all something that I could totally relate to. ...

    Aug 22, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Sleep

    This really hit home with me because I know how much I would miss my dad were something to happen to him. This was a really emotional story, and while ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Butterflies

    *Liked This was very strong emotionally. When I was first reading, I thought, "Oh, a cute little poem about a butterfly." I was surprised by the depth of the idea, ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Sirens' Songs

    I agree with the first reviewer, I don't like how you put (of time) in the first stanza. I think you could find a more clever way of portraying what ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Forever Forgotten - Chapter One

    This was a pretty good start, but I think you could have reached out to us even further, finding a way for us to really understand and sympathize with your ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: finish me off

    Like somebody already pointed out, really direct which adds a lot of power to what you're writing, but can also cause you to lose depth in other areas. This wasn't ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My mistakes

    This is pretty good, although I've never been a huge fan of depressing poetry in majority just because there's so much of it. But still, it was a solid piece, ...

    Aug 21, 2010


Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb