User avatar

RoachRedford!

What kind of a name is Roach?

  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Fantasy Re: Immortal Discord {Part 1}

    This piece is very short, which makes it a little difficult to provide useful feedback but I'll give you my two cents! I think this is a good atmospheric piece ...

    Dec 21, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Narrative, Fantasy Re: Knights of Ignis Pinna

    Lucrezia did a really good job of explaining examples of technical errors in this piece that need to be rectified. The key to avoiding this is revision, revision, revision. The ...

    Dec 21, 2013
  • Short Story » Humor, Horror Re: Deleted

    This piece is very random! You keep an entertaining and consistent tone throughout and I applaud you for that. I think it is playful and sincere and it engaged me. ...

    Dec 21, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Odyssey of Jonah H Parallax Chapter 1

    I enjoyed the atmosphere in this piece immensely. I got a very steampunk vibe which if it was your aim, you nailed with this piece. Your internal monologue is interesting ...

    Dec 21, 2013
  • Short Story » Narrative, Historical Fiction Re: The First Day of Christmas

    This piece surprised me. It was so bleak throughout and yet I found myself smiling when I reason what you'd done to reveal the partridge and the pear tree. I ...

    Dec 20, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Mystery / Suspense Re: A Race For Life

    Hey there! I enjoyed this piece despite usually never reading - let alone reviewing - anthropomorphic works. I actually thought you characterised the forest much better than you did Arian. ...

    Dec 20, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, Action / Adventure Re: Cole's Legacy --- Book 3 Prologue

    I like this piece because it opens up a slew of questions that I want answered right away. The characterisation of the Noir was great and the italics really emphasise ...

    Dec 19, 2013
  • Short Story » Humor, Action / Adventure Re: Benny and Edword's big adventure.

    This piece has been sitting in the Green Room for quite some time and I think I know why. Writing for pure sillyness is fun, I know, I used to ...

    Dec 19, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Humor Re: The Last Breath

    Hey there! I think addicted2theshindig hit the nail on the head with his notes on grammar, so I'll stay clear of that, but I will reinforce that fixing the grammatical ...

    Dec 19, 2013
  • Short Story » Mystery / Suspense, Narrative Re: Officer Diane Kingsley #2 The Paradigm Syndicate Saga

    Hey there, I'm reviewing this piece to try and assist with the high volume of un-critiqued works on YWS. Your writing unfortunately falls too often into the trap of easy ...

    Dec 18, 2013
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Fantasy Re: The very mistaken Knight

    Hey Hopkin. I used to be terrified of posting on YWS when I first joined, so I empathize with you! I’m going to review your piece honestly, here we go. ...

    Dec 18, 2013
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Historical Fiction Re: Guardians

    Hey Meddle! I love science fiction and I’ve been itching to do some reviews lately and there simply isn’t the demand there once was on YWS, so thanks for providing ...

    Dec 18, 2013
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: We Missed

    Hey there! I love science fiction so I’m going to review this piece after a long break from reviewing. Any corrections, comments etc I have will be, just sitting there ...

    Dec 15, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Logs Of Jeremy Edwards Ch.2

    Sci-Fi Military writings? We could be best friends. I'm going to get right on this! After several weeks of continuous training, The Remaining Members of Training group B Were dispersed ...

    Aug 11, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Cadaver

    I must say I find it very hard to critique poetry, but I enjoyed this very much. Not often do I actually enjoy poetry, but I did enjoy this one. ...

    Aug 9, 2011


It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman