User avatar

Ringo_rules987

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: After the Angel: Eve's Story

    I agree with Kylan that this is a unique concept, and even though I'm a bit against the concept of organized religion altogether, it makes for a good poem. However, ...

    Jun 14, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Jerk

    I can't say there was anything that.. I don't know, amazing about it. It wasn't as bad as many poems I've read on other forums, but you tell us everything, ...

    Jun 14, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Happy Father's Day

    Eep, well it's going to be odd critiquing an epic novelist, considering how low I am on the YWS food chain. But on to the poem... Well it's not bad, ...

    Jun 14, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Death

    I really didn't like much of anything about it, to be honest. First off, the title is a real clunker. It's not really anything imaginative, but I can see people ...

    Jun 14, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Death by Scotch

    Normally I don't critique fiction, as my knowledge of the subject is not very extensive, but you had no comments! I had to give you something to think about. Unfortunately ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: "I am a person too"

    You seem to stamp out these poems while putting little thought into them. You left nothing for us to think about, you just told us everything. A big part of ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: mixed emotions

    Conceptually the poem was good. I can feel a certain amount of emotion, but not much when I put it in retrospect, so build on all of that. Like pieman ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A Feeble Attempt

    Sometimes more meaningful things can be said in a single word than in a novel several inches thick. I did really enjoy reading this, and the difficulty level of executing ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Anger

    Anger is orange. It smells like smoke, choking and dry. It tastes like hot coal, burning and bitter. It sounds like a sonic boom, loud and deafening. And it feels ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Lover's Knot

    When writing narrative poetry, the rule about speaking to someone stays the same as writing a piece of fiction. I need you She said He said nothing But they both ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: That Lucifer Girl

    I like the way you started the poem with that first line. Your eyes don’t sparkle like a star, glistening in a night sky. Your smile doesn’t light up a ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Cool Istanbul

    I cannot let any poem be left without a critique! Now about the poem: I see her twinkling lights across the dark wine sea; Istanbul, you’re so cool. "You're so ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Summer Heat

    This was very, very good. I have trouble saying anything negative about. What I enjoyed in particular about it was the unique representation of something so common. Describing the sun's ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: About something

    *sighs*, I envy your skill and ability. The diversity was great without being a jumbled mess, which is a very difficult thing to accomplish. It's a very contemplative poem, and ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Dimension of Music

    Repetition, when used wisely and with subtlety, can tie a poem together and help rhythm in a great way, but the idea of using the same line for each stanza ...

    Jun 9, 2008


Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende