User avatar

Pattycakes

  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Somalian guns

    Hey man, I dig this quite a bit so far! Very cool setting, and with an interesting profession to boot. I think your action scenes are really well written and ...

    Sep 4, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Turning the Knives 3

    Don’t leave us hanging As a rule, not every chapter in an action/adventure story needs to end on a mid-action scene cliffhanger. In fact they shouldn’t. Don’t fall into Dan ...

    Sep 4, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Turning the Knives 2

    Cult of personality Just a head's up, and it’s very possible this is a cultural thing, but, (at least in the U.S.) someone would never, ever , ever describe themselves ...

    Sep 3, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Turning the Knives 1

    Okay, pretty good stuff. Some general thoughts I had as I read: Eavesdropping So, cool, I get how it’s used to advance the plot, right? But it’s sort of played ...

    Sep 3, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Market Part 2

    Good stuff. Turns out a little research shows Ailish is Gaelic in origin and in fact a real name. I learned something new today! Mark it I'm all about authenticity ...

    Jul 5, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Market Part 1

    Consider me the patron saint of unreviewed works, here to help you. Pretty suspenseful so far. Onto general comments: A sense of time I think one of my favorite things ...

    Jul 5, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Seventeen Forever 4

    I'm hideously late with this, forgive me. Thoughts: qu'est-ce qui se passe? So uh, what happened to the awesome description a la the first couple chapters? I was drowning in ...

    May 22, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: (New) Guardians Chapter 5

    The repair took a month rather than a couple weeks. I've been negligent. Forgive me. Onto the comments: So...Sophia... Much better. The little bit about the pub and the change ...

    May 17, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Gaea - Chapter 10

    Well, I've been sort of acting as the Patron Saint of unreviewed chapters lately. As someone who writes a lot of long stories it can get irritating to watch people ...

    Apr 1, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Seventeen Forever 2

    My collected thoughts on the first two chapters. 'The crows nest' and other assorted thoughts on mariners You have Lizzie make a comment about the relative ease of being in ...

    Apr 1, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: (New) Guardians Chapter 2

    This review comments on all parts of the story so far, but in particular chapter 2 looked like it needed a review so, here! Prolouge Hmm, I don't think I'm ...

    Mar 31, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Hidden Evil Chapter Nine

    Cool, alright, I've read up to the end of this chapter and on my way through I had some general thoughts that stuck with me. If this review is a ...

    Mar 31, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Hidden Evil

    Hey I've noticed a trend where when people write longer stories on a site like this the later chapters don't get as many reviews as the earlier ones. So, I'm ...

    Mar 29, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: How I survived high school: chapter 5

    Okay and a follow up a few chapters later. I think I just have one big comment as I was never really one for grammar line-by-lines. 1. So, the characters ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: how I survived high school: Chapter 2; part 1

    There was only one person who could call me at this time, right after school. -That should either read "is" instead of was, or "would" instead of "could". Alright, i ...

    Mar 4, 2009


May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year