-
Re: 11
:( Nate says not to give huge descriptions of your poetic intentions when posting, as that really doesn't give the strongest impression of a true writer. And I agree with ...
Jan 11, 2005 -
Re: no regrets, darling
I quite liked this one; it was simple and yet the emotion really shone through. Not overloaded with unnecessary stuff. Sometimes it's nice to just read a simple poem like ...
Jan 9, 2005 -
Re: Long Sleeves
I thought the rhyme scheme worked well and the flow turned out pretty well. Good job for not sinking to the horrible cliche level. :)
Jan 9, 2005 -
Re: Juliet Playing With Knives
Thanks for the comments :) :D Her outfit is my pajamas, and yeah she's meant to be unique. The whole thing is basically symbollic and a comment on human nature ...
Jan 8, 2005 -
Re: jindabyne
Thanks :) "There are as many definitions of poetry as there are poets. Wordsworth defined poetry as "the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings." Poetry is a lot of things to ...
Jan 5, 2005 -
Re: untitled
I love this as much as the first time I read it on TYWC. I can still feel the tragic emotion. Great work.
Jan 4, 2005 -
Re: Carpet Calender
No, it's not based on anything... Thanks!
Dec 26, 2004 -
Re: acid+base=salt+water
Thanks. Though no, there is a word "complement", spelt like that. Definition: a) Something that completes, makes up a whole, or brings to perfection. b) Either of two parts that ...
Dec 18, 2004 -
Re: immortality?
Thanks guys! "Salad days" is a term coined by Shakepeare in "Anthony and Cleopatra" meaning a time of youth and innocence. So the whole poem is hinged on that phrase, ...
Dec 17, 2004 -
Re: The Killing Conscious
hey, nice. you really conveyed the mysterious feeling and that's what made the poem good. i liked your short stanzas and the way you wrote in present tense - it ...
Dec 13, 2004 -
Re: Small Comforts
overall, i really like it. the simplicity gives it something special whilst still suggesting deeper emotions and thoughts. great imagery, it flowed quite well, but i agree, without the "and"s ...
Dec 12, 2004 -
Re: Costs
i like this. perhaps a bit too simple, but you have a good concept and it was well-written.
Dec 12, 2004 -
Re: In My Way
Well-written. There isn't much so far for me to judge, but I do like it.
Dec 11, 2004 -
Re: Apathy
wow, very nice. i love the tone of this, and yeah, it flowed beautifully. meaningful and appealing to the senses. nice one :)
Dec 11, 2004
