-
Re: Untitled (Draft 2,and more!)
I. Love. This. I actually like how you can't assign a particular time period to it-it's an alternative reality, and it is under 'fantasy fiction'. It feels classic and fresh ...
Mar 1, 2009 -
Re: The Reckers
Hi! Remember, you need to do two reviews for each piece of work you submit, so you need to do two reviews to catch up. This is pretty good, but ...
Mar 1, 2009 -
Re: Guardians Prologue and Chapter One
I love the way the characters interact with each other. Natura's interactions with her family and Christiana are very realistic. I also like the balance between the realism and the ...
Feb 24, 2009 -
Re: Arriere Pensee Chapter 3
The up side: This is so polished and realistic. It is detailed without becoming bogged down, and the pacing is fresh and lively. The down side: Renee sounds like Genevieve's ...
Feb 24, 2009 -
Re: Breaking and Entering
This is a powerful and promising opening with a lot of detail. It could be improved a lot by cutting out some of the longer sentences. It is not necessary ...
Feb 24, 2009 -
Re: Changes: Chapter 1
Wow, this is very polished and professional! The protagonist's feelings are very convincing and realistic, as is her relationship with her mother. And this is coming from someone who doesn't ...
Feb 21, 2009 -
Re: The Misadventures of Nicky and Lanni, Part 1
Hi, welcome to YWS! We have a policy that you have to review two pieces for every bit of work you submit, so you have to do 2 reviews to ...
Feb 21, 2009 -
Re: Delihla Bee full part 1!
Hey, I've been waiting for the next part of this story! I think it's gone a little downhill, to be honest. When it started out, I really liked the upbeat, ...
Sep 20, 2008 -
Re: The Death Trilogy-Book 1-Chapter 1
Can your friend think of a better name than 'The Death Trilogy'? If I saw something on the shelf entitled 'The Death Trilogy' I wouldn't want to read it. It ...
Sep 20, 2008 -
Re: Khalilzad in 1995 (Chapter Six)
Where it says, '“Um, Chris Hancock, I attend uh, Jackson High in Minnesota.” Said a mop haired boy', the S in the word 'said' shouldn't be capitalised. This is the ...
Aug 3, 2008 -
Re: All Babies Are Blessings (3)
Wow, this has taken a turn for the more gritty! I think it's very realistic-the way it's described, I'd say it's one of the most realistic stories I've read here ...
Aug 3, 2008 -
Re: All Babies Are Blessings (2)
I read the second part of the dream before I read this first part so I was pretty shocked to realize that Carl was Isabelle's cousin! Personally, I think it's ...
Aug 3, 2008 -
Re: ...
I liked the tone and the humour. In this piece, it says 'you do this, etc...', which is quite rare. I find it annoying, but that's down to personal taste. ...
Aug 2, 2008 -
Re: Deleted
Wow, this is scary! Very promising and sinister. There are a few spelling and grammar issues... 'Imsgination' should be 'imagination' 'ahnds' should be 'and' 'awy' should be 'away' In the ...
Aug 2, 2008 -
Re: In the shadow of a star Chapter 3
'That's it for today, I think, thought Dan' would be better as 'That's it for today, thought Dan'. Instead of 'It had grown impatient, in the heat' say, 'she had ...
Aug 2, 2008
