The Reckers

by horsefriend11

The Reckers

Chapter One

Coop. Not much of a name for me, but I liked it. It was my name, my thing. I’d always wanted a more better name that I could dig, but I could live with it.

And I wasn’t about to change it to something that didn’t suit me. Cooper, for long, but my members called me Coop. Just plain ole’ Coop- nothing special about it.

See, all of us members had a name- for the gang. As for the other’s names, there was my close friend, who always went by the name Mac. I’d always digged that name. Just something about it made me happy.

Mac was just the person of good looks. Dark brown hair, long, tall, and slim, and cold, hard eyes that could get you just right into a good, mysterious stare. This always gave me the sudden shock of guilt sometimes.

Mac was the type of rebel who didn’t give a care about anything. The cops. They were the ones that got him into a real fight. And sissies, too.

Me and the other member always seemed to go with his plans. I never had any idea why. Maybe because we thought that we were rebels, too.

Me, just a kid with no sense of emotion, tried to play it cool all the time. None of the others seemed to give a care, either.

Me, really, I was just a kid who had natural looks. Nothing like Mac. I had brown hair, dark brown eyes, and I was skinny as well.

None of us really ate that much. There was Pin, too. He was the kid who caused all sorts of confusion between the gang.

Never did anything fun. He was just the follower. Like the groups’ sissy. did get into fights, but never did cause any serious harm. He was the one who made the gangs’ book.

Rule book. It was stupid, really. We didn’t need rules. We just broke them. We were The Reckers, not some wimpy group. Anyways, Pin was a sort of wimpy guy who had black hair- almost the color of Mac’s.

Wore glasses, too. As I leaned on the hood of the Mustang, I watched all the guys go into the gas station.

All of them seemed like sissies- like they couldn’t get into a fight with even a little kid. But we could sort them out if we needed to. Mac was getting some more gas for the car- since all we did on weekends was run flat tires and burn rubber.

I glanced up at the sky, as I kicked my leg back into the car, trying to get it back into shape a bit. Pin and me had rammed the Mustang into a tree when Mac was away. Man, and he sure didn’t know about it, either. On weekends, that’s all we did. Live and have fun.

I sighed as I bent down, examining the huge dents on the front of the car. “Man, I’m sure notta a car fixer…’’ I mumbled to myself quickly, peering over my shoulder at Mac, who was in the station- ruffin’ it up a bit with another guy.

‘’No… Come on…’’ I said, as I rushed in the door. Mac was up at the counter, with another guy, yelling. Pin was over at the other side, gittin’ some ciggarettes and stuff.

We always did that when we got the chance to go to the gas station- but, we could only really get what we wanted when Mac was distracted by yelling at other guys.

Pin looked up at me, as he nodded. “Hey, Coop, git over here.’’ He said in a slight mumble, as I walked over to him. I looked over my shoulder, then stood next to Pin.

I stared at the food with hunger. None of us had eaten in a while, and boy, were we all hungry. I bent down, my hands on my knees, and my body leaning on a rack.

“What?’’ I asked him in wonder, as he took out his wallet, fingering it carefully. I sighed, looking at it. It was empty. Pin was a moneyless kid, who never did steal. Mac and me thought it was weird, ‘cause he didn’t even try to, either.

I gave him a confused look. “Why’d ya do that for? I’m not gonna give you any more money- I need to save some to get me a Mustang someday.’’ I replied, as Pin smiled with amusement, putting his wallet back in his pocket. Pin walked over to the corner of the store, as I followed.

“I just need a buck. And, ya know you’re never gonna git one. We’re lucky now that Mac’s letting us use his when he takes us places.’’ He answered back, sticking a piece of gum in his mouth, then offering me a piece. I nodded, then took the piece from his hand.

I looked over my shoulder at Mac, who began to yell at the guy. I sighed in agreement. I knew I’d never get a car, anyway.

My grades in school weren’t good at all to even get one, but I didn’t give a care. School just wasn’t one ‘a my things. Neither Mac’s or Pin’s.

I reached for my wallet, as I grabbed out a a crumbled up buck. Man, Pin always had a spell on me or something. Mac always gave out on him, though. He never fell for any of our ways.

I handed the buck to Pin, as he smirked. He reached for a pack of ciggarettes and followed me briskly up to Mac. Mac turned to me quickly. “Hey, Coop.’’ He said, as the guy whom he was getting into a fight with, spit on him. I clutched my fists tightly.

“Stop…’’ Pin whispered to me, holding me back. Mac tried to throw a punch at the guy, but I tried to haul him back, too. “Come on, Mac! Ruffin’ up this kid’ll-’’

Pin tugged on Mac hard, as gobs of cops lined up around the store. I groaned. Mac began to hesitate. “No one bothers a Recker, kid!’’ He shouted to the guy, as he kicked him roughly.

I glanced over at Pin, who shrugged his shoulders. “Either this, or Cop-Running.’’ He responded, as I nodded. Another thing we did all the time. Cop-Running. Just a simple thing we did with cops- running away from them and all that.

Mac was always the cause of it, though. Pin and me just went along with it for the heck of it. Mac struggled to regain his strength, and pushed us away. I sighed deeply. I hurried over to the door, and kicked it open. Mac came out.

He looked back, as the guy pushed him roughly on the ground. The door closed rapidly, as I sat on the ground. So did Pin. Mac glanced up at us both, in pain. Me and Pin were thirteen, he was sixteen.

So, it was weird that he was hurting instead of us. I stood on one knee. It all scrapped up too. “You okay, man?’’ I asked Mac, him nodding. He still seemed unsure.

“Yeah.’’ He answered, getting up and jumping in the Mustang. He gave Pin and me as smirk. “Comin‘?’ He questioned us with a bit of laughter, as I nodded.

I hopped in the back seat, with Pin riding on the hood of the trunk. I leaned back in the red-leather seats, as I kicked my feet up,

My hands in my pockets as well. “You almost gotin’ trouble again.’’ Pin said out of the blue. Mac looked over his shoulder. “Does it surprise ya?’’

He asked back, as we both shook our heads. Mac placed his hands on the steering wheel. “No. Now, I ain’t gonna talk ‘bout it anymore…

He mumbled, turning up the radio extra loud like he always did. I sighed, as I turned to Pin, who was cussing off Mac in silence. I laughed a little, as he looked up. “What?’’ He asked, sticking another piece of gum in his mouth. Literally, he lived on gum.

I shrugged my shoulders, as the car stopped. I kicked the front seat with the front of my shoe. “Nothin‘….’ I replied, as Mac jumped out of the car quickly, hurrying into the house without us noticing.

Pin nodded, hopping outta the car, and getting the book out. I rolled my eyes, tapping on the car’s rim edge. “Whadaya doin’ with that?’’ I asked, as he sighed.

He sat the book on the ground carefully. I sighed deeply, leaning over his shoulder. “Come on, we gotta go see what Mac’s up to.’’ I complained, as Pin nodded. He put the book up, and quickly rushed in the apartment.

Mac was skidding’ across the kitchen floor, warming up soup near the fireplace. The gangs’ usual dine-in every day. I lie on the couch, turned the TV on, and my grabbed my dinner from Pin, who got his, too.

I glanced over at Pin, who began slurping up his food like no one else cared. That’s what we all did. We had no manners. And we didn’t care, either.

“Wonder how the cops are doin’ without us…’’ I said aloud, as Pin nodded. “Bet they’re careless of anyone they have to chase around. All they do, is eat and go around actin’ like they’re all big stuff. They should know we Reckers are better than they are. They’re fat, and they eat-’’

“Like pigs…’’ Mac added in, as I began to laugh a little. Pin showed a sly smile, then walked quickly over to the radio. We liked music once in a while. Between runs with the Mustang was the best time, really.

Runs was what we called fun. Like skipping school, then robbing’ stores and stuff. The usual, really. Pin cranked the radio up a bit, as I stood up. “Play Beatles.’’ I replied, as Mac sighed.

I liked The Beatles, so did Pin and Mac. It was weird. Mac always digged Beatles music. He just wasn’t himself. Pin nodded, turning’ on what I had asked for, as I skid in my socks across the floor. I stopped, looking’ over my shoulder. “Comin?’ I asked Mac and Pin quickly, opening up the fridge.

Mac nodded, then got up. So did Pin, too. I grabbed a jar, then rushed out the door. I glanced all around, the sky as dark as my jacket. Pin sat down next to me on the porch step. He sighed, throwing’ rocks roughly in the hole of the jar.

“So, Coop… What are we doin‘?‘’ He questioned me, scraping his fingers on the cement. Mac remained to stand, giving me his stare. It was as cold as the night was. It was like his trademark or something.

I looked over at Pin, then grabbed a rock. A car rushed through to a stoplight, screeching the tire’s rubber. Man, what I would of done to of be in that car- burning rubber and all. “You’ll see.’’ I answered, throwing the rock on the car, hard. Mac turned to me quickly, seeming to show some interest.

Pin nodded, as the driver rolled the window down. It was a fat guy with blonde hair. I smirked, as the guy frowned. “Ain’t ya gonna say anything, man?’’ I asked in slight amusement, as the car rolled on down the street. I looked over at Pin and Mac.

They were easily studying my every move- like I was a god or something. I put my hands in my pockets, then gave a spit at the grass. Before I could say anything, a cop pulled up in the driveway.

“Hey, look…’’ I said with a smile, picking up another rock again. Pin leaned over to me. “Go on and stuff it up in ‘em.’’ He whispered, as I threw back my arm.

let go of the rock quickly, it cracking into the door causing an ole’ dent. Pin laughed, punching me in the arm. “Nice, Coop. ------ old cop….‘’ Pin cursed, as the cop came out, slamming’ the door.

Mac smirked a little, spitting’ on the ground. “Now we’re in trouble.’’ He joked, as the cop walked up to us with a frown. He pulled out a pen. Man, how big of pigs cops were when ya got up close to ‘them.

“I believe you boys should be in bed at this hour. I’ll get no denial out of you three. Now, go on, or I’ll have no choice to send you downtown.’’ He stated meanly, as we all shook our heads.

I looked over at Mac, who was ‘bout to give the cop a beating.’ Real bad. And, only cops could get ‘him that way. He stood up straight, clutching his fists.

“Isn’t no cop gonna take me down to the slammer.’’ He responded firmly. Man, was he a rebel. I sighed deeply, Pin offering’ me another piece of gum again.

I sticked the gum in my mouth, giving’ the cop a cold, hard stare. The cop gave another good look at Mac. “I beg your pardon, boy? One more say of that, and your friends and you are gone.

You hear me?’’ He asked, writing down some stuff on a paper. Mac gave him a stare, sighing. Pin nodded. Boy, his sort was pacifist for sure. Mac walked into the apartment without looking back.

The cop gave Pin and me a frown. “One more trouble like that, and you’re leaving’ for jail.’’ He stated, getting back into the car and driving away. I glanced over at Pin, who looked back at me.

“ Hey, Pinny, what ‘bout Mac?’’ I asked, spitting’ on the ground, and taking’ a piece of candy out that Pin had gotten at the store.

Didn’t know why he even needed to pay for anything. We were The Reckers. That was the name of us. Of us. We always wrecked things up. All the time. Seriously, us- we couldn’t even get a dime out a buck if we tried. And all the bucks I’d got was stolen.

Pin shook his head, staring down at the ground. “I dunno. He hasn’t been like himself. He’s been the rebel he’s always been, but, he’s just given’ in real easy. Usually, he doesn’t take no fer ‘in answer.’’

He replied, walking back into the house with me trudging along behind. The door slammed behind us. Pin slouched back on the couch. So did I. “Mac! Where are ya?’’ I yelled, searching the house. He didn’t answer.

I looked over my shoulder at Pin. “Not answering?’ He asked, as I nodded, pacing in Mac’s hang-out. I nodded quickly. “Mac?’’ I asked in wonder, as I found him. I sighed in relief. Pin caught up with me.

My eyes grew huge. “What? What… are you doin?’ I asked in shock, as Pin shook his head. The book was in flames. Mac had set it on fire. “No…’’ Pin mumbled, as Mac turned around. My eyes focused on the ash bits bursting up in the air, and pieces of the book smoldering before us.

“I was tired. Tired of you all tryin’ to be all goody-goodies and sissies and stuff. I wanted to break free of you. I wanted to be bad and all that, but you two were in the way. Now, we don’t have to worry ‘bout the stupid book. I just couldn’t take it anymore.

I’m tired of all the ----- cops trying to put us down. I’m tired of everything. I couldn’t take it anymore. I’m just ----- SICK of it!’’ He yelled in anger, as he rushed out the door. I sighed deeply, sprinting out the door after him.

“Come on, Pin!’’ I yelled, a litte annoyed. I rushed out the door, as Mac began punching and kicking’ his car. I jumped on him, pulling’ him around like a horse in a rodeo, trying’ to get him to stop. “STOP, MAN! JUST STOP!’’ I screamed, punching him.

“Git over e’re and help me!’’ I shouted, as Pin began punching Mac as well. Mac kicked us, causing bruises to come on us. “Stop, you ----!’’ Mac cursed, throwing’ us to the cold ground.

I groaned, examining the bite marks and cuts on my body. Pin turned to me, panting hard. “Mac-’’ “Shut up, you sissy!’’ Mac shouted, kicking and scuffing around on the pavement. I gulped, staring up at the stars.

“Come on, man, just calm down…’’ I replied, as Mac shook his head. He sat on the hood of his Mustang. “How can I? We’re already goin’ to the slammer!’’

he replied in a worried tone, as I sighed. “No. Pin and me and you aren’t. We ain’t goin’ without a fight.’’ I said back, as Mac sighed deeply. “No, I am… I- I’m on A.W.O.L…’’

Chapter Two

I gulped with denial. Pin shook his head with doubt, too. I sighed. Mac slammed his head into the hood. “-----!’’ He cursed again, as I looked over at Pin.

“What?’’ I asked in confusion of what Mac had said about the A.W.O.L thing. I pulled out a cigarette nervously. I lighted it, then cautiously watched Mac.

“You weren’t in the war…’’ Pin acknowledged, as I nodded. “Yeah.’’ I replied, as Mac sighed, fingering the dents in the car. “ I haven’t been in the war at all. I ‘ave been on it ‘fer the past few years.

Ya see, it’s the cops’ problem. Them goin’ around, eatin’ themselves to death, telling ‘bout me to their friends… All I did, was break outta jail.’’

He stated, sitting down on the ground. I sighed, as Pin glanced away. “Those ---- cops ain’t gonna do anything to you!’’ I shouted in disgust, throwing my cigarette to the ground and putting it out. Pin grasped the grass, ripping it up into bits.

He turned to Mac, his nerves tensing up. He stood up, pacing back and forth. “Just be lucky the pig over ‘ere earlier didn’t get us locked up in cuffs.

A.W.O.L ain’t the worst thing in the world. Gittin’ shoot dead is.’’ He said in truth, as Mac put his hands in his pockets. ‘’Same thing, sissy. They hunt ya down.

Take ‘yer life away from their bare, nasty hands. Ain’t nothing good about those cops.’’ He mumbled, staring at the ground. I sighed, takin’ the last drink of my Coke. I clunked the can around, as Pin crunched it roughly. I sighed.

“We ain’t gittin’ thrown in the slammer for your sake!’’ I yelled, pulling out another cigarette. Pin held out a lighter. I lit it, then resumed to Mac. Mac gave me a mean look.

Man, there goes his stare again. “Didn’t say ya had to! I already told you, Pin and you ain’t gonna have to go with me. I don’t want you to.’’ He answered quickly, as I shivered a little.

I glanced over at Mac again. “We’re not goin’ down without a fight. I’ve already said that to ya.’’ I said in protest. Mac sighed, then began to kick his car again. Pin nodded, then went inside quickly.

I looked at Mac hard. Only this time, I stared at him, instead of him staring at me. I leaned against the porch step. “Listen, we started the gang, ‘cause we were gonna be one.

Not one, then the side-kicks. Pin and me are gonna help ya. And, you need it, man…’’ I said to him, as my voice trailed off. Mac shook his head, then got another cigarette out.

He kicked his back leg against the Mustang, as I stepped up into the apartment. Pin was kicking back on the couch, watching TV as usual. I tugged on his jacket. “What are ya doin’?’’ I asked him in wonder, as he gave me a confused look.

He sat upright. “I’m watchin’ TV. Why aren’t you in ‘ere?’’ He questioned me back, as I began to stammer a little. “What? I- I’m… I’m out there with Mac! The guy’s still stupid in the head right now.’’

I stated, as I peered out the window. Mac was sitting in the Mustang with the radio up high. Made me wonder if he thought he was in another Cop-Run.

Pin got up and looked over my shoulder. “Should we help ‘em? We’ve already done enuff, and he’s treatin’ us like little sissies or something…’’ He mumbled slightly, as I skid into the kitchen.

I looked into the living room, as I opened the fridge. “Want a Coke or something?’’ I asked, as Pin smirked. “What do ya mean? The soda, or the-’’

He asked me back, as I laughed a little. “Nuthin’ except Cola, Pin. And you know Mac’d be the first one to try it, anyway, not us. You know the rebel he is, unlike our sort.’’

I replied quickly, handing him a Coke. Pin cracked the can open, took a few drinks, then stared out the tinted window again. “You should git on out there. He’s in the Mustang, ya know…’’ He mumbled lightly, picking up his Coke again.

I leaned on the wall, watching Mac’s every move. It was like I was a watchdog or something. “Yeah, he was out there when I came back in.

Why?’’ I asked, sifting back and forth on my feet. Pin pointed out the window. “He’s driving away…’’ He said, his voice trailing off slowly. I grew shocked. “ Don’t just sit there and act the pacifist you are! Come on, then, man!’’ I shouted, quickly rushing out the door again with Pin following behind.

Mac screeched the tires, rubber burning rapidly. I sprinted to the car, jumping on the hood. “Stop, stop!’’ I screamed, Mac ignoring me.

I punched the windshield hard, a small crack hitting the window. “STOP!’’ I yelled again, jumping on Mac, trying to get him to stop. Pin joined in, trying to get the car to stop. Mac sighed deeply.

“No! I’m leaving you sissies!’’ He protested, throwing us to the ground again. The Mustang grew closer and closer to Pin and me.

I stood up quickly, as the car screeched to a halt. Mac slouched, banging his head on the steering wheel. Pin panted, trying to catch his breath. “Man, just try to calm down, Mac. No need to run, ya know.’’ He replied, Mac leaning back in the car seat.

He kicked the pedal hard, even though the car wasn’t on. “I already told ya two. You’re not goin’ to jail with me.’’ He said in annoyance, as I sighed. Pin pulled out a cigarette, then put his hands in his pockets.

Pin looked over his shoulder at the apartment. “Aren’t ya two comin’ inside?’’ He asked, blowing air from his mouth. I shook my head. “We have Mac to deal with, Pinny.’’

I answered, as Mac sighed. “No. It ain’t gonna be my cause that you have to deal with.’’ He replied slowly, sitting on the edge of the door. Pin shrugged his shoulders. Mac closed his eyes unhappily.

“Just go inside, you two. I’m leavin’ anyways…’’ He mumbled, turning on the car. I looked over at Pin. ‘’He ain’t serious, is ‘e?’’ I asked, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

Pin shrugged his shoulders, staring over at Mac with doubt. “I dunno.’’ He answered, as Mac started to edge off in the car. I leaned on the porch light.

“I am, and there ain’t nothing you can do ‘bout it…’’ Mac said in determination, circling away in the Mustang. I kicked my heels back, starting to sprint towards the Mustang.

“No… NO! ------!’’ I screamed in curse, trying to push off into a quick run. Pin pulled my back roughly, gripping his shoes into the ground- basically taking up all his strength to hold me back.

“Stop, Coop! No one can help ‘em, now. He’ll know how to get outta this when he’s ready. He’s a tough guy, and you should know it just as well as I do!’’ He shouted, pushing me to the cold ground.

I sighed, burying my face into the ground, punching it with all my might. “He can’t be gone, he- he just… can’t!’’ I shouted in a near mumble. I grasped myself upwards, standing up.

Pin sighed deeply, taking out a cigarette, then lighting it. ‘’He is, man, he is. Get it in ‘yer head. Just… just calm down.’’ He replied, as I paused for a minute.

I rattled the change in my pocket around nervously. ‘’Hey, Pin.’’ I responded, as Pin glanced over at me. “Yeah?’’ He asked back, as I closed my eyes calmly.

‘’What if ‘e left the gang?’’ I questioned him, my emotions mixed up. Pin shook his head in wonder, as he headed up to the apartment door. He looked over his shoulder at me. “Well, for the sort he is, might never know, Coop, we might never know…’’

I sighed, trudging into the apartment slowly. As my jacket brushed against the doorway opening, I glanced up at the clock. Around 12:30 AM was the time. Even though we weren’t brothers, Mac, Pin, and me usually stayed at each others’ houses. Mac’s mom was in Colorado visiting his grandma, and his dad was stationed in Montana.

My dad was in the war, and my mom died a while ago. Pin was abused by his foster parents, and left them by his self a while back.

Pin slumped on the couch. So did I. We stayed up ‘till 5:56 AM, then, we were out of it. After the long morning arose, I woke up briskly. I unraveled my bed covers, Pin’s bed about a foot away from mine.

I yawned tiredly, grabbing my shoes. I sat back down on the bed, as Pin woke up with wonder. He stared over at me. “Coop, whadaya doin’?’’ He asked, stretching, and standing up half-way.

I sighed, my mind instantly on Mac. I began to slip on my shoes, my mind racing back and forth. ‘’It wouldn’t bother ya anyway, If ya knew.’’ I mumbled, pulling out a cigarette.

Pin sat up, staring up at the ceiling. “Can’t I know?’’ He asked, a bit annoyed, with anticipation. I sighed, ruffling up my jacket. “Still. It ain’t gonna bother ya, even if ya did know, Pin.’’ I snapped back, walking in the living room.

I began to open the door, as I fingered a crumbled up piece of paper that was in my pocket. I sighed. “If he wants to know, I’ll just let ‘em ---- know…’’ I mumbled, rushing out the door.

Pin sighed, getting up, and heading towards the living room. “Man, didn’t know Coop could git like that…’’ He said to himself, staring at the paper. He picked it up, reading it carefully. “----! Come on, Coop, ya can’t do this!’’ He yelled, slamming the paper down on the table, rushing’ out the door.

Meanwhile

I spit on the ground, trudging along the roads. I hoped that Mac’d be ‘round somewhere. Hopefully, not be gone ‘fer good. I scuffed my shoes up the way, searching’ everywhere.

I walked up to a gas station. Man, how much I wanted to rob it. I paused. Before I could do anything, I rushed inside.

While I grabbed a Coke and some’ ore cigarettes, I paused. “Surprised Pin isn’t ‘ere yet…’’ I told myself, trying’ to rush out the door quickly. I covered up the Coke with my jacket, running’ for my life.

‘’Boy, how much I feel like a poor sissy, doin‘ this stuff without the gang.’’ I said to myself again, circling around the corner, panting. I slowed down quickly, looking over my shoulder with caution.

For I wondered why Pin had not caught up yet. I shrugged my shoulders, sitting down on the nearest bench. “Come on, Pin, come on…’’ I replied, kicking my feet up.

Meanwhile

Pin rushed down the way, centering along the woods. “Can’t believe I’m the only one who’s left… ---- stupid Coop!’’ He yelled, spotting me briskly.

I stood up quickly, running’ away. Pin sprinted towards me. “STOP, COOP!’’ He screamed, pinning me down to the ground. I grabbed his neck roughly. “STOP, OR I’LL KILL YA!’’ I screamed back, punching Pin hard.

Pin winced in sudden pain, kicking me in the face. I frowned, about ready to beat up Pin real good. “QUIT IT!’’ I yelled, turning away, and getting up- running away again.

“SISSY!’’ I yelled back to him, rubbing my nose. I examined my hand carefully, blood all over it- For my nose was surely broken. Pin could surely be a fighter if he wanted to.

I began to pant again, collapsing on the ground, with Pin walking up to me, panting as well. “Coop? Man, we gotta stop doin’ that.’’ He said, as I nodded. I picked some grass off the ground. I sighed deeply.

“Well, I just don’t like ya tryin’ to get me away from Mac- he’s part of the group, too.’’ I commented, walking down the sidewalk. Pin shook his head. “Never wanted ‘em to be.’’ He answered back, scuffing his feet.

I gave him a shocked expression. I clutched my fists. “What?!’’ I asked, Pin looking away from my direction. “Nothing.’’ He replied, going in front of me.

I sighed deeply, looking through the trees, where millions of cops wrestled around. Mac. For I knew it had to him. I glanced over at Pin with worry. He looked back over at me.

“What?’’ He asked, putting his hands in his pockets. I pointed to the cops. “Look- Mac.’’ I said, sprinting over to the cops. Pin did as well.

I paused, watching Mac get beaten up by the ole’ pigs (cops). I rushed towards them, as I began to punch one of the cops- adrenaline rushing through my body. I was on a rampage. The cop turned to me quickly. “Stop it, or I’ll take my right as to putting’ you and your friend in jail!’’

He yelled, as Mac gave me his stare. I tried to glance away, as Pin began trying to help Mac get out of the mess. ‘’I told ya two not to come!’’ He yelled, currently getting’ thrown to the ground.

The cop put cuffs on Mac, as Pin winced in pain, walking over to me. I sighed deeply. “No, they can’t take ‘em…’’ I replied, Pin shaking his head in doubt.

Mac stood up, disappointed. I clutched my fists tightly, walking up to the cop. “No…. YOU CAN’T TAKE ‘EM!’’ I screamed, throwing a punch at the officer. Mac smiled a little, somehow amused. The cop picked me up by my hood, putting’ me in cuffs as well.

Pin stood up, holding onto the cell-bars. He leaned over to me slowly, his eyes on the convict as well. “Hey, Coop… Why’s that guy staring’ at ya?’’ He asked, as a smile appeared.

“Bet Mac knows ’em.’’ He responded, as the guy stood up. Before the guy could do anything, one of the cops showed up. The convict was at least four years older than Mac- scrapped up face and stuff.

“Come on, let’s gitta move on, troublemakers.’’ The officer commanded, shoving Mac, Pin, and me outta the cell. He let the other guys out, too.

The mysterious guy, too. Before I could do or say anything, the guy stood over me, breathing in my face. Man, his stare was just like Mac’s.

Maybe even worse than his. “What did ya say ‘bout me earlier, kid?’’ He asked me, his stare just getting meaner and meaner.

I gulped a little, as Pin walked up beside me. I put my hands in my pockets timidly. “Umm… Uhhh…. All- all I said was: I bet Mac knows you. W-wait, Pin over ‘ere said that- no- not me..’’ I answered, in a stammering manner.

The guy nodded, pulling’ out a cigarette. “Oh yeah? And, who’s that ole’ sissy your talking about?’’ He questioned me, as Pin pointed to Mac, who sighed deeply.

The guy gave Mac a good looking, then laughed a little, his gang members joining in. “I don’t know that sissy. I only know the people I know. And that’s it.‘’ He commented, as Mac clutched his fists tightly.

Pin leaned over to me. “Oh, he got ’em good, Coop. Wonder how Mac’s gonna take it. ’’ He said to me, carefully watching the guy. I swear- it was like every time, Pin thought he was watching wrestling whenever Mac got in a ruff with another guy- and he always seemed to enjoy it as well.

Mac stepped up to the guy. “And I don’t know a ------ either!’’ He yelled, pushing off the guy. I sighed deeply. “Hey! What’s ’yer name, anyway?’’

I asked, as the guy shook his head, pushing me, too. “What’s it to ya? My name could be ---- for all you care! It might as ---- be

‘yer name!’’

He yelled in my face, as Mac threw a punch at ’em. Man, it hit ’em good, too. The guy rubbed his bloody face. “Oh, ’yer sure gonna be sorry, sissy!’’ He shouted, aiming a kick in the shin at Mac.

Mac crouched down in pain, holding his leg. I glanced at the guy’s shirt. Rec. Wow, what a stupid, sissy name. I paused. Rec. Reek was in our gang’s name, but, it didn’t mean anything.

I glanced around quickly, hoping that the fight would end with Mac up with victory. But the way the fight was going’, I figured that Rec would be the winner.

Typical for his sort. We all walked outside- for the cops allowed us to. It made me wonder if it was all a plot. You know, a plot- that would stop us from getting’ a little free time. I walked next to Pin, as we resumed to pacing over to the basketball court.

‘’Who do ya think’s gonna win, Pin?’’ I asked, spitting on the ground. Pin shrugged his shoulders with wonder. “I dunno, man. I’ll just give it 50-50, with the aim Mac’s takin’ at it…’’

He said, looking at the ground. Mac stood still, as Rec took a kick at ’em. How much I wanted to give the guy my best fight.

Rec stepped up to Mac, as Mac flinched. “What’s the matter, sissy? Scared? If yaw are, then get the --- outta my face, ya -------!’’ He cursed, as one of his gang members spit on Mac roughly.

I leaned over to Pin casually. “Man… if we got a buck ’fer every time ’e got spit on, we’d have a --- load of money!’’ I whispered quietly, as Pin nodded. “ And if we’d have a buck for every time Mac’d get into a fight, we’d have even more money.’’ He replied.

Mac gave Rec his stare, then gave him a push. “No one spits on me, kid. Ya got that?’’ He asked, pinning Rec to the ground. Pin laughed a little. “Nice…’’ He said, appearing to enjoy every moment of the fight.

I nodded, scuffing my feet on the ground. Rec winced in pain, looking up at Mac. Before he could move an inch, he closed his eyes. He was knocked out. Cold.

I smiled lightly with happiness. For it was always good for ole’ Mac to become victorious once in a while. Pin smirked, as he gave Mac a tease punch.

“Good one…’’ He told him, as Mac nodded with a grin. “I did do a good one, didn’t I?’’ He asked through gritting his teeth. For I could tell that he was kidding.

“Yeah, and it looks like ‘yer the new fighter here. That’s a good thing, I guess…’’ I mumbled, pulling out a cigarette, and leaning on the barb-wired fence. I lit the cigarette, then handed one to Pin and Mac.

“Need one?’’ I asked, as Pin and Mac took one from me promptly. Mac smiled a bit. “Yeah, I could always use one when I’m victorious- might wanna make a note of that, Coop.’’ He told me, as Pin rolled his eyes. “We better look out now, that we’ve gotta tradition.’’ He informed me in annoyance. I looked over my shoulder at Rec. He was still out cold. I gave a smirk at Mac.

For I was amazed. After a while from outside, the cops made us go back in our cell. I trudged along the asphalt court, as Rec stared at me.

He had woken up earlier. I sighed, trying to look away. But I couldn’t. Chills began to go up my spine. Something just kept on telling me that revenge was coming. And that Pin, Mac, or me would not know when to expect it.

We walked back in the cell, Pin walking at my heels, and Mac in front of us. I shuddered into the back of the cell quickly, crouching down. Pin lie on the hard bunk, Mac staring out the window.

That’s all he did. Ever. I put my hands in my pockets. “We’re never gonna git outta ‘ere…’’ I mumbled, as Pin gave me a shocked expression.

“Yeah, we are, Coop. With the way Mac’s taking this at, we might even git outta here by tonight.’’ He told me, pulling out a cigarette. I sighed deeply. “No. I mean… That- that Rec’s gonna git revenge.

I just know it, man.’’ I answered back, as Pin nodded. “Better stay watchful then. But, with Mac-’’ “STOP! WE CAN’T DEPEND ON MAC ALL THE TIME!’’ I yelled to him, as I stood up slowly. Pin shook his head, crunching the cigarette on the cold, hard ground.

He leaned over to me. ‘’What? You know we’re weak sissies, Coop. We need ‘em.’’ He said back, as I sighed. “That’s what Mac says we are. But we’re not, Pin, we’re not!’’

I shouted back, as Pin groaned a little. For I could tell that he was getting annoyed. He turned away from my direction. “Listen, Mac just fought one of the guys. With only us, we couldn’t of. Mac’s our protection.’’ He replied back, as I kicked my foot against the wall.

“What if something happens to ‘em? Then what? Think ‘bout it, man. He’s not always gonna be there for us!’’ I screamed back, as Pin looked over his shoulder at me.

“Ya don’t understand, Coop…’’ He mumbled slightly, staring down at the ground. The night soon arose, the stars filled light.

This is all Mac’s fault. Its his fault. I kept thinking, as I lay down on the ground, trying to close my eyes. Crack. Crack. I glanced upward. Rec was staring back down at me. With a gun. How in the heck could he get a gun? In jail? He must be a sly kid. I thought. “STOP! PIN, MAC, WAKE UP!’’ I screamed, as Pin woke up with a startle.

His face grew with fear. He shoved Mac around, trying to get him to wake up. “WAKE UP, MAN, WAKE UP!’’ He shouted, standing behind me. “What?’’ Mac asked with wonder, staring into the gun’s opening. “-----------------!’’ He cursed loudly, trying to push Rec down. Rec held the trigger firmly.

“I told you not to beat me down, Mac. And quite the rebel you are, to stand up for your sissy friends.’’ He stated, bringing back the trigger even more. I sighed deeply. For I didn’t want it to end this way. I punched Rec in the face, halfway grabbing the gun.

I began to struggle. “Git it, Mac, now!’’ I yelled, as Mac shook his head. “No…’’ He said, as Pin joined in with me. “Are you crazy? Come on and help us!’’ Pin yelled back, as I finally reached for the gun.

Before I could do anything, I looked back at Mac; his eyes worried. I gulped, pulling back the trigger. Rec fell down to the ground. He was surely dead. I sighed, starting to cry. Man, I was a sissy for crying. But I couldn’t stop. I’d never done something like this. Never. I panted a little, nervous.

I looked over at Pin. “Wh-why… Did you….-’’ “Because Mac wouldn’t do anything! I… couldn’t…. help it….’’ I said to myself, as Pin nodded. He looked over at Mac.

“Why didn’t ya help ‘em? “Shows what kinda sissy you are…’’ He mumbled slightly, as Mac looked away. “I-I….-’’ “No excuses, man. You’ve already caused enough to this world.’’ I told him, as Pin agreed.

“Sissy.’’ He told Mac in truth, turning away. It was Mac’s fault. His fault. The words kept spinning around in my head. It was his fault. And the gang couldn’t take his faults anymore.

The next morning I awoke with a startle from the cops. “Come on, you troublemakers!’’ One of them yelled, as I got up, not even trying to hesitate. I yawned, tapping Pin on the shoulder. He looked up at me. “Hey.’’ He said to me, as I nodded.

He sat up quickly. One of the cops opened up the cell door, rushing us out. Before I let myself out, I glanced around for Mac. It was strange. He was usually the one who woke Pin and me up all the time.

I tapped Pin on the shoulder again. He leaned over to me, taking out a cigarette. “Yeah?’’ He asked, as I gave a worried look. “Do ya know where Mac is?’’ I asked, as we walked outside to the court.

Pin shrugged his shoulders casually, leaning on the basketball pole. “I thought you’d know.’’ He told me, as I shook my head. “I don’t.’’ I answered back slowly.

Pin sighed deeply. “Just hope he didn’t get into trouble…’’ He replied, as I smirked a little. “Man, you know he probly is.’’ I answered, Pin offering me a cigarette.

I took it from him, lighting it quickly. Pin sighed deeply- his mind desperately on Mac. For I was deeply upset, too. It wasn’t like him to run of that. Come to think of it, it was quite typical for him to do that.

One of Rec’s old buddies gave me a glare. I shivered, flinching back. He was a big guy; broad shoulders, strong, too. Pin leaned over to me. “He’s a big ole’ guy, isn’t ‘e?’’ He asked, smirking a little. I nodded, tapping my fingers on the basketball pole.

I glanced up at the sky, my mind on Mac again. After a few hours, the police had let us back in the jail cells. I slowly trudged into the cell, Pin following behind. I turned around, staring out the rusty bars of the locked door.

I sighed, pulling out another cigarette, then lighting it. Pin stared out the window cautiously- trying to search for any sign of Mac. We both wanted him back- not sure if anyone else did, but, we did for sure.

‘’Starving. You?’’ Pin asked me, sighing. I looked down at my stomach quickly. I nodded, tapping the back wall with my foot gently. “Yeah. Never give us good for ‘round here, do they?’’ I asked back in question. Pin agreed, nodding completely.

“Yeah, Coop, I agree with ya there.’’ He answered, standing up. For one time in the lunch room, the old, gray women gave us nothing but salad. Salad.

Us Reckers had never liked salads before. Never did understand how any convict could like the food. Didn’t even understand how Pin and me could tolerate it, either.

Before we could do anything else, we were headed into the ole’ lunch room again. I walked carefully behind Pin, watching the lunch women line up for the daily meal. Pin and me sat down at a table quickly. I stared over at the food.

“Man… ---- casserole!’’ I cursed, as Pin nodded, examining the food as well. “-----!’’ He cursed in reply, as we trudged reluctantly over to the food.

“Mac’d be diggin’ this all the way.’’ I told Pin, grabbing silverware, and heading back to the table. I glanced over at Pin with sadness.

Pin nodded. “Coop…. you gotta listen- I know ‘yer upset about it, but, we can’t get outta ‘ere, go get ‘em, then come back before the cops catch us.’’ He answered. “Who said I’d come back?’’ I asked, as I banged my head on the table. “What are you?

A sissy? Mac’s out there, he-’’ “SHUT UP!’’ Pin yelled roughly. “And ya know what? He’s probly out there- LIVING! Like he always wanted to!’’ He yelled again, as I sighed deeply.

I stared at my plate. “Ya must not be the kid I thought

you were….’’ I mumbled under my breath hastily. I stood up, going to another table- by myself. I looked over my shoulder at Pin, him shoving around his plate.

I pulled out a cigarette slowly and nervously. I took one puff of it, then crunched it on the kitchen ground. Was it Mac’s fault? Was it? I asked myself in my mind, sighing.

I looked over at Pin with wonder. He wasn’t gonna move over to me. At all. “Must’ve scared ‘em off, I guess.’’ I told myself, going over to the trash can to throw my food away. For I was sick and tired of eating.

I trudged over to Pin again. He started to turn away, but didn’t. I sighed, sitting down, my nerves tense. “Pin? Do- do you think this is… Mac’s fault?’’ I asked him, as he shrugged his shoulders. “Let’s face it, man- this is all our faults.’’

That night was rough- Pin was moaning in his sleep, and I was bundled up in a corner, shaking. It was freezing in the cell lot, and we both felt like real prisoners because of it.

I sighed deeply, laying down in the narrow corner. Fault. Fault. Was it really my fault, too? I pulled out a cigarette, my mind intensely racing back and forth between questions of whose fault it was.

I leaned over to Pin, tapping on his shoulder. He opened his eyes, slowly putting his glasses on. “What, Coop? Its 2:30 in the morning, ya know.’’ He replied, turning over. I smirked. “Ya know I don’t care. Its Mac I’m wondering ‘bout.’’ I answered quickly, glancing out the window.

Pin sighed, nodding in agreement. “We both know it, man.’’ He said back, as I stood up quickly. “What are we gonna do, Pinny? He could be out there sick or something, and we wouldn’t even know about it.’’

I answered, back, shaking a little. Pin shrugged his shoulders, then layed back down. I gave him a look- close to Mac’s stare.

“So, you don’t care, do ya?’’ I asked him, suspicious. Pin turned around quickly, giving me a confused. “You didn’t care either, Coop! So you couldn’t ask me that!’’ He yelled back, pulling out a cigarette.

I sighed, concentrating. Wait. If Mac’d left for this long, why didn’t he try to come back? I thought. I paused. Wait. If he’d gotten that far without the cops up in his deal, he wouldn’t come back here- even for our sake.

I sat down on the hard bed, thinking, and glancing over at Pin- he was already asleep- once again. I yawned, laying my head on the hard mattress. Quickly, I had fallen asleep.

After a while, I had woken up quickly by Pin- for he was shouting loudly, screaming his whole head off. I stood up quickly, grasping him tightly.

“What in the ----- are you doin’?’’ I asked him, as he started screaming more. “MAC, HE’s, HE’s… GONE!!!!’’ Pin yelled, turning crazy- literally. I threw him to the ground, trying to calm him down. “Of course he’s gone! ‘NOW,

‘’STOP, YOU weirdo! NOTHIN’S WRONG WITH MAC!’’ I screamed back, as Pin began shaking roughly, gasping for breath. “COOP, HE- HE-’’ “SHUT UP, ----!’’ I replied back.

I glanced back at Pin. “What was wrong back there, man?’’ I questioned him with wonder, slouching against the wall, and pulling out a cigarette. Pin sighed, shaking even harder. “I- I don’t… know.. I- I just had this.. dream, man. It scared the ---- outta me. I mean, Mac was there, and… he just… left.’’ He answered, as I nodded.

Some of Rec’s buddies stared at us like we were stupid or something.

But, at the time, I was for certain that Pin really was stupid. I mean, what in the heck was wrong with him? I pinned him down to the ground again, just to make sure that he wasn’t going to hurt himself- but, at the time, I was lucky if he didn’t try to break outta jail or something.

I paused. Break out. Break out. Out. The words spun around in my head like a jackrabbit running as fast as its long legs could go. I turned to Pin. “If you got over that fast, we shouldn’t have any problem breaking outta here, Pinny…’’

I told him, as he gave me a smirk. I could tell that we were both ready- no matter what the case of finding Mac was gonna be like.

He nodded, still seeming unsure. Mac’s cold stare hit my mind. Would he be mad and upset? Happy and fortunate? I gulped, sighing deeply. Or, would he push us off like sissies and forget all about us?

I questioned myself, as Pin glanced over at me. “And how do ya suppose we’re gonna git outta here that easily, Coop? The place’s loaded with cops, ya know.’’ He answered, sort of worried. I leaned on the wall with ease, staring out the ground, then pulling out a cigarette.

‘’No one said that we couldn’t “try’’ to get out, Pin. We gotta go with what Mac’d want us to do.’’ I replied with annoyance, as Pin gave me a stubborn look, then laying down,.

“Mac woulda wanted us to stay here and live a life of pure --- if he woulda made us….’’ He said back, as I took a drag from my cigarette. “He couldn’t make us, anyway.

Which means, he can’t stop us from goin’ and finding ‘em.’’ I replied in determination, as Pin shrugged his shoulders, seeming tense of the whole idea.

I sighed deeply, quite annoyed. “Just… just COME ON!’’ I shouted loudly, as I took out my small, sharp blade uneasily. The cops apparently hadn’t had the slightest sense in their stupid brains to find it, but that was an advantage that I had to take.

Mac and I had hid it in one of the cuff locks when the cops had caught us. It was so small, that it allowed us to. I dragged the blade nervously along the rusty, metal bar of the glass window. Rusted, hard chips of worn-out metal fell to the ground, as small cracks filled the bars.

Pin crept up behind me. “How much longer, Coop?’’ He asked, pulling out a cigarette, then lighting it quickly. I sighed, struggling. “Just hold on!’’ I yelled, as Pin groaned.

“Come on, man! I’m just about ready to ----- go back to sleep, if you don’t git your ---- moving…’’ He mumbled, leaning against the wall. I sighed, as I forcefully pushed one of the bars out.

My eyes grew huge. “Hey, Pinny, look! Man, we’re gonna git outta here real good!’’ I shouted with happiness, as a smirk grew on Pin’s face. “Good, man, real good. But, hey- what about the ole‘ pigs in the security lots?’’ He asked, his face suddenly turning pale.

I laughed a little, as I put the blade safely in my pocket. I smirked. “They won’t care, and you know it. Even if every criminal got out, they’d probly be sleeping somewhere. And would even realize until the end of the world.’’

I said, as Pin nodded. “I guess I’ll just have to take that as an advantage, depending on what you say…’’ He mumbled slightly, as I slipped my hands up the brick walling, stretching up on the window-sill. “Come on.’’ I replied, as Pin nodded.

I sat on the sill, staring down at the 8- feet that we were up on; barb-wire staring up at us. This was escape was surely going to be like the devil was chasing us down.

My ears sounded, as I heard Pin gulp loudly. I sighed, glancing over at him. “What are you scared of, man? If we break just an ankle or arm, we’d be lucky that we’d make it, you know.’’ I replied with determination, as Pin shook his head.

‘’But listen’ man, its not like we can just jump off’a this building, and get through it without any scratches. Its just not like that, really. Too much of a drastic measure for me.’’ He answered, nodding to me.

I gave him a confused look. What a sissy he could be at times. I sighed deeply. “If ‘yer gonna act that way, just let me go on. Okay?’’ I questioned him, staring down at the ground again.

Before Pin could say a word, I slipped carefully off of the wall, as many sounds and alarms and sirens went off, causing Pin to yell frequently.

Agonizing pain shot through my ankle, as I groaned, falling roughly to the ground. I became dizzy, as my mind raced- again agonizing pain falling to my ankle.

Pin was still yelling, telling me to get back up there with him, but how could I? There were at least three reasons as to why I couldn’t and wasn’t going back there.

Number 1) Mac was out there, and I couldn’t possibly let him down.

Number 2) I couldn’t let the police get me- especially if they accidentally caught me climbing back up the wall- I didn’t even think that It would be possible for me to do it, anyway.

Number 3) My ------ ankle was broken! How in the ---- could I get up there, knowing that Mac was still out there alone, that at any second, the police would catch me, and that my ankle was broken?

“SHUT UP, PIN!’’ I screamed, as my fingers softly touched my cold, hard ankle. Hard as a rock. I sighed, as about four or five cops came rushing out; bats in their hands, and tazers as well.

I jumped up, grasping my ankle, it scraped up from the sharp metal pieces that had fallen off one of cell bars when I had cut it with the blade as well.

I screamed, falling to the ground, as I heard a small, yet very painful crack. It was surely my ---- ankle again. I heard Pin argue with himself about how stupid he was to of not come down and helped me. It I was him, I would really called myself stupid.

One of the cops gave me a stare, as they all pushed me to the ground. I quickly found myself wrestling around with excruciating pain- both from the wrestling, and from the ankle.

“STOP, JUST STOP, YOU ---- COPS!’’ I yelled loudly, as bad pain shot through my whole, entire body again. “------, -------!’’ I cursed, as I heard Pin yell.

I could tell that he was sure of himself that he was stupid. But, what could he do now? I didn’t want him to get hurt, either. But, neither did I for him.

One of the cops turned me onto my back, as I punched one of them in the face, causing him to fall to the ground.

I gave a smirk, as the other police grabbed, and thrusted me to the wall. I yelled again. “Hey! My ---- ankles broken, so, STOP!’ I shouted, as I tried to get up.

One of the cops gave me a frown. “It doesn’t matter if your whole body was broken, you’re still in trouble, kid! And we’re do ya suppose you were goin’, anyway?’’ He questioned me, as I heard Pin fall to the ground.

I turned to him with shock. He lie there, coughing. I got up quickly, still in pain, but somehow managing to get to Pin. The cops ran over to me, as I pushed them away.

“Just- just… get away right now! Can’t you see he’s in pain?’’ I asked them, as they gave Pin and me a deep frown. “It doesn’t matter if he-’’

“I SAID TO GET AWAY!’’ I screamed, as Pin sighed deeply. “Just- go on without me, Coop. I really do deserve to be in jail, you know. You’re the hero, not me.

I was never meant to be one. I’m just a sissy, not even close to the person you are…’’ He responded, sighing, as I nodded- somehow feeling sadness.

“No. You know ‘yer coming with me- to find Mac. He needs us, man. Just like we all need each other.’’ I answered, gasping in another shot of pain.

Pin pointed with wonder to my ankle, examining it. “Your ankle? Broken, right?’’ He asked, smirking a little. I nodded, looking back at one of the cops.

They all frowned deeply, one taking out his tazer. No. He couldn’t hurt me, nor Pin. We were going to get out, and get free. I stepped out of the way.

“Go ahead, you sick ----! Show the world how sick and ---- cruel you are- by killing a kid! Go ahead!’’ I yelled, determined to set the guy straight- by getting him out of his job.

Pin gulped, quite scared for his life. The cop set his tazer down, shaking his head. “I think you two’d get in more trouble than us. For all the trouble your group’s caused- killing one of the convicts, you’re friend escaping from jail, and now, you two tryin’ it yourself! Pathetic, just pathetic.’’

The officer yelled, walking over to me. I braced my body- ready for anything. Pin swallowed hard. “Coop, you can’t do this- I deserve to be the criminal- not you. I’m notta hero. You are!’’ Pin whispered loudly.

The cop stood next to me, letting the tazer easily slip through his fingers, barely noticing it fall to the ground. Pin nodded to me. My eyes grew big. “NO, PIN, YOU CAN’T!’’ I screamed my lungs out, coughing.

Fate. Fate. Fate. The images of fate and death circled around in my mind, flooding it. I punched the ground. “--------!’’ I cursed, as I heard a small shock burst throughout Pin’s body.

He wasn’t moving. He surely wasn’t moving at all. A small tear welled up in my eyes. It was strange- a 13-year-old guy was crying. But I couldn’t help it.

“NO, NO! ---- ----- ---!’’ I yelled again, cursing. I felt hot blood rush through me, as I sprinted out to the field, more shocking pain rushing through my ankle. My ankle cracked severely, but I didn’t care.

Mac was more important than my stupid ankle. I looked back at the cops- them staring back at me. It had seemed that my brave had over-met their match. I panted hard, my chest roughly pounding.

After daybreak fell into the mist, I sat down on the grass, resting with ease. I sighed deeply, as more images of death and despair filled into my head.

I couldn’t stop thinking of Pin. No. I couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t loose Pin, or Mac.

I sighed, slowly getting back up. I had to keep on running. I just had to. My feet skidded across the bladed grass. My heart jumped, as I heard something wrestle in the background.

“He-Hello?’’ I asked, as I paused. Pin. What if it was him? I asked myself, as I turned around. A face appeared in the moonlight, somehow haunting me.

“Pi-Pin? Man, is that you?’’ I questioned the person, breathing hard. The person looked up at me quickly. He walked closer in a steady pace.

I squinted my eyes with wonder. My heart stopped for a second. I paused. Pin. Pin. It was him. “----, It is you, man! I thought those cops- I mean, you, got you good…’’ I replied with a smile, as Pin shrugged his shoulders.

He sat down in the grass, brushing off his jacket. “Yeah. I guess.’’ He answered, as I nodded. Pin gulped with a sigh, staring at the ground. “But, I gotta tell you something… I- I… I accidentally killed one…’’

Part 3

_____________________________________

I nodded, nervously shaking. What kind of sick animals were we turning into? I mean, me, myself, had killed Rec- And now, the least suspecting guy, Pin, just killed a cop.

I mean, I never did care about the cops, but still- Pin? It just didn’t make sense. No sense at all. I shivered, stepping away. Pin gave a confused expression.

“What- what are ya doing?’’ Pin asked, staring up at me. I shrugged my shoulders, still shaking. “You- YOU’RE A KILLER!’’ I screamed, feeling as if my nervous system had busted.

I was going crazy, and I knew it for sure. Pin grasped my by my jacket, and thrusted me to the ground. “No, I’m not. Now, just, cool it down, man.

It was an accident, you know.’’ He whispered to me quietly, as I sighed deeply, all kinds of and pain shooting throughout my leg.

“-----! Get off’a me, Pin! My ankle’s broken!’’ I yelled, pushing him away, and off to the ground. I held my leg securely, groaning. Pin panted lightly, observing my ankle.

“Shouldn’t of jumped off that wall…’’ He mumbled, as my eyes grew big. My mind jumped back to the reasons as to why I had to do so. I pulled out a cigarette, then lit it.

“Listen,’ I had to. Okay? For Mac’s sake, you’re sake, my sake, and our sake.’’ I replied back quickly as Pin sighed, nodding. “I know that, but-’’ “Yeah, you should know it- know that I was doing it for our freedom, to find Mac.’’ I answered, feeling somehow light-headed.

I glanced up at the sky, the dark abyss mixing in with the stars. Pin yawned deeply, as more and more pain shot throughout me again. I put more pressure on my ankle, trying to decrease the pain.

But I was apparently short of it. Pin sighed, standing up. “Need help, don’t ya?’’ He asked, looking at me with a sly smile. I nodded, groaning again. “Well, what do ya think? ‘Course I do- I feel like its gonna ---- fall off!’’ I answered, taking off my jacket, and slipping it over the bone.

Pin agreed, spitting on the ground. “There could be a doctor around here, if you’d get a move on.’’ He responded, as I gave him another confused expression.

“Yeah. Like that’d help, man. We’re at least one-hundred miles away from even a nurse…’’ I mumbled under my breath, getting a bit annoyed- okay, maybe a lot annoyed, actually. I sighed again, grasping and putting even more pressure on my ankle. “No, Pinny. We’re gonna need a miracle to even get outta this mess, without being noticed as fugitives…’’

Complete darkness filled my mind, myself dizzy. I could feel nothing, but being carried. I didn’t even have the nerve to see who it was. I didn’t have the slightest clue to where Pin was, and nor did I really care at the moment.

After what had seemed to be an hour or two, I awoke with a startle, staring up at a dry, cracked ceiling. I jumped up to my feet, but wincing in terrible, and horrifying pain. “----!’’ I cursed again, quickly falling to the ground.

I sighed, groaning in pain again. I stared down at the floor, noticing the wood varnish. I started to shiver a bit, as I looked around. “What the heck? Pi-Pin, are- are you… there?’’ I asked, as Pin walked into the room.

“Shouldn’t you say: Where’s Mac? “Cause’ he’s here, Coop.’’ He told me with a smile. My heart rapidly pounded with sure happiness. “Wha- WHAT?’’ I yelled in question, groaning in pain again. Mac, seeming a bit scruffy in appearance, walked into the room, showing a sly smile.

In shock of happiness, I couldn’t say anything. Mac laughed a little, sitting down. “You know you gotta a broken ankle, man. Now, get up there, before I make you!’’ He yelled in semi-amusement, as I gave a smirk.

I glanced up at Pin, who helped me get back up on the couch. I carefully watched Mac fix boiled water in an old, rusty pan. He looked up at me with wonder.

“So, a fugitive? That’s what you two called ‘yerself, eh?’’ Mac asked, stirring up the boiling water, and then grabbing a rag from the cupboard. Pin shook his head, leaning on the wall.

“No. Well, he did- not me, though. I called ‘em a hero, ‘cause that’s what he is…’’ Pin answered, as Mac glanced back up at me. He placed the spoon down, then took the rag and put it in the water.

“A hero, eh? We both know he is, and he knows he is, so why did ya tell ‘em?’’ He asked, walking over to me. Pin lie down on the other couch.

“Everyone needs some encouragement.’’ He answered back simply, as Mac let some steam go off of the rag.

He nodded, focusing on my ankle. He looked back up at me, holding up the cloth a bit nervously. “Alright, Coop. This’ll sting, so-’’ “---------! At least put some soap on it or something! Heck…’’ I shouted, tensing up quite a bit.

Pin got up and looked over my shoulder. He slowly walked over to the sink. “Nothing. You’re just gonna have to take it, man.’’ He replied, walking over to Mac.

I sighed with a moan. Mac nodded, sitting the rag down on the table. “I remember now- The night before, I was fixing Pin’s wound from that tazer. So, the soap’s all gone.

I closed my eyes with annoyance. Mac stood up on one knee, still a bit timid. “But, you won’t have to worry about it anymore, though.’’ Mac told me, as I sighed in relief. “Time to set it.’’ He informed me, as I opened up my eyes quickly.

“Oh, ---- , no! Its in enough pain, now! ----, ------, -------------!’’ I cursed in a scream, struggling to get up. Mac shook his head, then pushed me back down. “Quit it. Its only gonna get worse- may even find yourself bleedin’ to death, if you don’t stop!’’

Mac warned me, as I gave a slight smirk, raising my eyebrows with wonder. “Just take me to a doctor, okay?’’ I asked, as Pin looked over at Mac, sort of agreeing with my better idea. Mac laughed a little, but giving his stare that I hadn’t seen in a while.

“Really? What’s better, Coop? A ----- doctor who may be a imitator and a liar, or ‘yer friend?’’ He asked, staring at me again. Pin sighed. “Heck knows who he might pick…’’ He mumbled under his breath.

Mac looked up at Pin with a sly expression, but yet, a frown. “Heck knows where you’re gonna end up if you don’t shut up.’’ He commented in a semi-threat, as Pin closed his mouth quickly, nodding.

I could tell that Mac was still the same ole’ rebel. And that was good.

I turned to Pin, laughing a bit. I turned back towards Mac, as he gave me a serious expression. “Come on. We gotta set it, now-’’ Mac looked over at Pin, pointing to me. “Get over here and help me, will ya?’’ He asked, as Pin gave him a confused expression.

“I know to come help you, but with what?’’ Pin questioned Mac, as Mac buried his face in his hands. “Get over here and live up to you’re name- Pin ‘em down…’’ He mumbled, holding onto my ankle, as I winced in pain again.

Pin shrugged his shoulders. “I thought it meant that I was skinny, but alright.’’ He commented randomly, as I braced myself in. Pin held me down, as I squirmed around a little.

My body tensed up, as highly severe pain rushed rapidly all around my whole, entire body. “------, --------, ---------------, --------------- ----!’’ I cursed, practically screaming bloody murder. Mac quickly let go of my ankle, as Pin fell backwards.

Pin panted a bit, sighing. “Heck, Mac! Take it easy on the guy! ----- knows you didn’t when you fixed me up…’’ Pin mumbled again, as Mac looked at me.

“You okay, Coop?’’ He asked me, walking up to the cupboard, and grabbing a bandage. He gently dipped it into the pan with boiling water, then set it on my ankle. I groaned, as a bit of steam welled off of the bandage.

I tried to calm down my nerves, as Mac wrapped the bandage around my ankle, giving hope into it- that it would heal my ankle up well enough to where I could easily walk again without any struggle.

Pin got up and walked over to the fridge, then returned with bottled water, handing it to me. “Here, this should do ya good.’’ He told me, as I nodded.

Mac stood up, then folded his arms. “If we’re lucky, all of what we’ve done to help him should do ‘em good.’’ He replied, as I looked around at the house. Mac walked over to the end of the kitchen.

“Where’d you get the house, Mac?’’ I asked in deep wonder, as Mac looked over his shoulder. “Oh. This thing? Its my grandma’s house, really.

My mom’s out to Colorado vistin’ her, you know, and my dad’s on a business trip in Montana.’’ He answered, as Pin leaned into me.

“Its his hideout house, you see…’’ He whispered, as I laughed a little. “Its all ours, actually.

Jay wrote a review...

Hi! Remember, you need to do two reviews for each piece of work you submit, so you need to do two reviews to catch up.

This is pretty good, but very long. Why don't you just post the first chapter? I suggest you cut it down to the first chapter, then send me a PM. I'll do a more detailed critique then.

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100