User avatar

Ieatworms

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: reflection in the calm waters of a bathtub

    You convey some very good ideas here, but they seem unpleasantly fragmented in their presentation. I love your word choices- moon pleated, moving and unmoving. I didn't find your statements ...

    Sep 8, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: consistently inconsistent

    I agree with Chevy about the comma (or semicolon) in "You smell like the perfume Impulsion and Caprice should" I realize you probably kept Impulsion and Caprice close together for ...

    Sep 6, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Ying Yang, Inverted

    If this was set to music, I'd surely rock out to it. I have to admit, though, that I almost did not read it because of the title. A Yin ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Blank Paper (aka Writers Block)

    I liked the cadence you established with the first stanza "down in the dark where ideas lurk like twisting steamy vapours amidst cold trees; there you will find me" I'd ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Brown Eyes

    You captured a nice moment here. I agree, though, that some wording needs work. My body sweats From the warm glow Of your love for me Of your eyes My ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Leaving Works Two Ways.

    "The grass waves goodbye without feeling, stuck on the thought that the wind will never leave." I like the irony here- that the grass can only wave "goodbye" while the ...

    Aug 26, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: My Perfect Life

    I think this is my favorite poem I've read on this site so far. You really have a grasp on the power of words, so you don't need to use ...

    Aug 13, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Like a Knife Through Cheese

    I love the spider imagery. However, I must admit to laughing when I read the title. I actually chose to read this because it looked like it would be funny. ...

    Aug 13, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: It's Cold Here

    I agree with Liz that nothing really stands out as unique to you, as the writer or as the speaker. It is, however, easy to relate to. I like the ...

    Aug 13, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: War Drums

    Very driving. I particularly like "and their friendships but wars, ceased, " I don't think there's a better way of phrasing that. It left me wanting to know more about ...

    Aug 2, 2005
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Chronicles of the Dhampir Edit and Criticism /P

    Incandescence: You were very thorough here, and had some good points. I agree with: "make sure you don't swap between 'he' and 'the boy' or 'the youth' because it is ...

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Words On the Wall - I

    Oh yeah! I get to be the first to reply. I especially like the repetition of the first lines as the last. That lends a nice sense of completion without ...

    Jul 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Poem--"The First Kiss...Again"

    Yeah, I know I wasn't supposed to read this one. Teehee. I hate the title. 1) You only get one first kiss. Sorry I don't have a word for "first ...

    Jul 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I'm Your Friend

    To be honest, I couldn't read straight through to the ending. It didn't catch my attention. I think it would be better in third person. It annoys me when poets ...

    Jul 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: How did I ever sleep alone

    This is about the comfort of sleeping with someone; the language [b]should[/b] be languid (as it is), the rhythms [b]should[/b] be slow (as they are) and the feeling [b]should[/b] be ...

    Jul 11, 2005


time was invented by clock companies to sell more watches
— SilverNight