User avatar

Ieatworms

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Living Alone With Green Carpet

    "He was a thin boy running for the school bus, watched from every window by thick-petalled, magnolia faces soured by a finicking contempt for the sweaty, lanky bumble of himself." ...

    Oct 15, 2005
  • Short Story » General, General Re: "Portraits" I can't fix it if no one comments on i

    I agree with the previous comments regarding clarity. It was difficult to distinguish distant past, past, and present. I also agree that the capitalized He was unnecessary. It was very ...

    Oct 14, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The Fisherman and his Daughter

    You told your story very well. It had the feel of the classics. Vaguely Poe. There are a few clarity issues and rhythm breaks to iron out. For example: The ...

    Oct 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Warning to Amateurs: Professional Poetry

    Funny but cruelly pointed. As was said, it would be funny if it was felt you were poking fun at yourself as well. You might want to considered using "good" ...

    Oct 11, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Diary

    I can really relate to going through a dairy and having it smack of someone else. You captured it well. I can spot a few things to make it better: ...

    Oct 11, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: DOOM ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OMG PLZ READ!!!)

    Wow. I feel like I've been punched in the gut. Very powerful. You combine words in ways I never would have imagined. Your title is a real turn-off, though, If ...

    Oct 11, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Untitled poem (will be renamed) VERY VERY VERY ROUGH DRAFT

    You did a great job using a consistent and strong voice throughout this piece. You immersed yourself and the audience thoroughly in your story. However, I agree that while you ...

    Oct 7, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Deoderant

    I impressed you made such despicable comments sound so lovely. Words seem to be familiar tools for you; you use them perfectly. I would say, I want to smack you ...

    Oct 5, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: experimental

    I like the blends here: conversational yet lyric, sweet yet vulgar, brutally blunt yet ambiguous. The arrangement reminded me of the tangle of emotions involved in love- the emotions that ...

    Sep 29, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: What I Believe as a Writer

    I'm always terrified to start writing on a blank page. I think I'll ruin it. I think what I have to say is probably better left unsaid and the potential ...

    Sep 29, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: twice denied

    I'm pretty ambivalent about this. You built tension extraordinarily well in the beginning, but lost it as your tone became more romantic. Actually, I felt kinda broadsided by the change. ...

    Sep 23, 2005
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Life Drawing: An Excuse to see Naked People

    This was the first fiction I read on this site because I loved the title, and I enjoyed it. I think you need to better establish the grade level of ...

    Sep 11, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Potato Salad

    I hope it's not true that you abandoned this poem but kept the feelings. If it is, I've found that starting a poem over with a different form or rhyme ...

    Sep 11, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: a poem (warning, this piece has a lot of adult language)

    My art professor once told me 'Art isn't beautiful. It's isn't pretty. It's a comment". I think that applies here. Qi- this poem honestly did not make me feel much ...

    Sep 11, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Poem-- "Who are we?" (dedicated to The Artist)

    I know how much you hate for people to get the wrong idea, so I'll draw attention to this: "i dont drink unless im drowning in my emotions" I'm assuming ...

    Sep 10, 2005


Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon