User avatar

Hibiscus

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: My Reason

    I like the way the poem is broken up. The stanzas feel like their there for pauses and breaks, and that's nice, but I like the way each line is ...

    Jun 17, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Rosebud

    I love the way it starts out with such beautiful and rich imagery. I thought it was going to be more of a love poem when I started reading, but ...

    Jun 8, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re:

    I liked the overall idea for this poem. I think it makes a lot of sense on the relationships we have with others. I agree that you should have broken ...

    Jun 8, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Freckles

    I think it works a lot as a poem about love. I mean, of course it's about freckles, but I think some people can write just about a basketball and ...

    Jun 8, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Rain

    I agree with alack being out of place, but I understand it's for your meter. Ummm, so, yeah, the first stanza is amazing. She slides along the spurting stream of ...

    Mar 29, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Barriers

    I was generally surprised. At first, starting out, when I was reading the poem, I was kind of iffy. I was worried about where it was going. But then, when ...

    Mar 29, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Mr. O'Clock

    Not only was it amazing, it rhymed! Hehe. Double-bonus. Not that I think poems have to rhyme to be good or anything, or if they don't rhyme they're not good. ...

    Oct 28, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Ache

    Ooo, we even getz a picture a long with it. I don't know, but I felt like I really got into this. First off, the picture reminded me of something, ...

    Oct 28, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Nonsense Smile

    Ooooooooo, I really liked that. I love how all of it was completely relevant, and, you managed to make it rhyme. I really caught up on everything, and at at ...

    Oct 28, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Husk - A Poem About a Dead Friend

    This was fabulous, but also so very sad. The imagery was gorgeous. My favorite line has to be, as depressing as it is, "Chased under the hulking train of humanity." ...

    Oct 28, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Too Little, Too Late

    I'm not a good poet so bear with me. And this is not a true story it just kind of came to me, although i did have friend that cut ...

    Oct 25, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Ice Sculpture

    I don't know... I felt like, the narrator was actually talking to themselves. The lines such as: I saw your face the other day. It stared at me for a ...

    Oct 25, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: So Far, Perfect

    We used to live inside a fairy tale-- With colors, music, life and love. It was, so far, the perfect world, And we were, so far, the perfect pair. We ...

    Oct 10, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Obsession

    I didn't read anyone else's comments, so pardon me if I repeat anything. So... this was pretty good. I just want to say that maybe you could have done better ...

    Oct 10, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Everything but the truth

    You are nothing but a fairytale Is fiction not a crime? A gripping tale of courage, Your lies are like a chime. If you where as noble, As your caracter ...

    Oct 10, 2010


today we are possible.
— Lucille Clifton