User avatar

DomTheDumb

  • Poetry » Realistic, Literature Re: The Last Argument Between Two Numbers

    Immediate first impressions: very didactic, very Socratic. That is a high compliment. There is little to no fault in a technical sense in this poem and the imagery it conjures ...

    17h ago
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Guild of Trees: Chapter 1

    Hello, Lavvie! This is a very intriguing opening chapter indeed; very moody, very interior, and does an excellent job of setting up the characters (both Mae and her family). From ...

    17h ago
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Mystery / Suspense Re: Gifts and curses (still rough draft)

    Hello! I've read through the whole thing, and I have some thoughts. First impressions: This is an engaging opening, and it has the makings of a promising YA fic. The ...

    Yesterday
  • Short Story » Literature, Historical Fiction Re: Pierrot and his Jester

    I read through the whole piece, and the story is pretty strong. No recommendations there. The main, in fact, the glaring issue is the prose. The piece is waayyyy too ...

    Sep 28
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Crawlers - Chapter Three: The Farm

    This is, technically, a damn near perfect chapter. There are a few niggles here and there (how can anyone "ask briskly"? That's like saying "he took a condescending walk in ...

    Sep 28
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Mystery / Suspense Re: Dark Waters

    Hello! Let me clarify something immediately: this isn't the kind of story that I usually read. This is for reasons of personal taste/preference and, therefore, has no bearing on my ...

    Sep 28
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Culture Re: summer (birthdays/driving lessons)

    What an enjoyable read, despite it being so very melancholic. It's a short poem, so it's a short review but I'll give you the TLDR first: - Great imagery - ...

    Sep 26
  • Poetry » Romantic, Teen Fiction Re: The Curly Headed Boy

    First, throwaway comment that has no bearing on the review. It may just be because I'm an Islamic studies scholar, but the opening paragraph (quote below) is 100% something a ...

    Sep 26
  • Poetry » General, General Re: homebody//homecoming

    Ooooh this is so good. As someone who really values his home (not so much home town as home megacity), this really hits... home. Okay I won't use home again ...

    Sep 26
  • Poetry » General, General Re: i keep humans

    This is the best kind of poetry. Verbose, extremely vibrant images, nebulous in the right way, and just burgeoning with emotion. I really don't have much else to say! So ...

    Sep 26
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Stillness

    Hello, Ellie! I saw your request to send reviews as poems but I'm no poet so I hope a good ol' paragraph-y review works lol. First things first: I'm not ...

    Sep 26
  • Short Story » Romantic, Teen Fiction Re: Top of the Ferris Wheel

    Hello, there! Right off the bat, I'd like to say that the voice is very distinct. You've managed to capture that "English is my second language" style of speech and ...

    Sep 26
  • Short Story » Supernatural, General Re: Letters To The Moon

    This is a very enjoyable and very engaging piece right from the off. Some highlights: So I released her from the burden of answering me. I stopped begging her to ...

    Sep 22
  • Poetry » General, General Re: mind over matter

    This is a short review for a short poem lol, but there's not much to review. What little is there, however, is exceptional. I think the thing to note, primarily, ...

    Sep 16
  • Short Story » Realistic, Dramatic Re: The Cafe

    So, this was an interesting read. Not a... bad one, exactly. The story is pretty bog-standard and the emotions, moments, character beats - even in this short a piece - ...

    Sep 15


Eating rice cakes satisfies that part of my brain that makes me want to eat styrofoam
— RangerofIthilien