z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Picture of the Unicorn

by yumi


Picture the Unicorn: the legendary creature, startling white, legs, so delicately shaped, balancing a body wrought of finest ivory. Picture high on his forehead the magic horn, the sign of his uniqueness: a tower held upright by his alert, yet gentle, timid gait. These ancient creatures of mythic legend could be a metaphor for pure and innocent love, since unicorns know naught of shame, or need, or doubt.

If love were a dolphin with wings and a unicorn's horn, being ridden by a blind leprechaun dressed like Rasputin, would you believe in second chances for love?

I knew I was in love with you, in part because it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach. As well as flowers, a few rainbows, and leftover unicorn from the barbeque. The love I felt for you was exceedingly rare, like a unicorn with a rainbow for a horn. You were my Pegasus. I would have liked to stroke your hair, whisper in your ear, and be one with you, one day. But it is important to be realistic with expectations: I would really like to cuddle a unicorn, but it isn't likely to happen. I have already felt the pain of your perfect horn breaking my heart.

You have decided to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots. That decision has left me feeling heavy, like I have weights tied to my ankles. Sometimes, I end up crying over the grief which is the price of love, where the shattering of my heart being broken is the loudest quiet ever, wondering what you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain? It is agony to know that however much I wanted you to want me, there was nothing I could do to make it happen. Whatever I did for you, whatever I gave you, whatever I let you take, it was never enough. Never enough to satisfy you. Never enough to stop you walking away. Never enough to make you love me.

Little by little you have stopped loving me, and in time you will forget me. It is understandable: most things are forgotten over time. As a species. we're so caught up in our everyday lives that events of the past are no longer in orbit around our minds. There are just too many things we have to think about everyday, too many new things we have to learn.

But still, no matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, I will love you forever. I know you, Morgan I know you, and I've accepted it all. Every bit of the crazy. And I love you anyway remember? I am sorry I cannot love you now in the way I want to love you, but I'll take what I was given, and work towards my dream of changing your world. 

I hope one day a light as impossible as snow set afire flowers all around you, and you experience a joy to great for your body to understand. My friendship with you is something I can never assign to oblivion, memories I can never rub away. They will remain with me forever, like a touchstone.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 133
Reviews: 2

Donate
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:59 am
Divyansh Dubey wrote a review...



Hi @yumi ,
This was just fantastic piece of writing I came across while looking for good works in the green room. I really like the way you have pictured the appearance of a unicorn and how you used metaphors to make your writing vivid and attractive. The feelings which you have expressed in this work is extremely praiseworthy. I appreciate your devotion and hard work by which you have created this awesome price of work ( though I haven't seen you working).
I am looking forward to seeing more works from you.
With admiration,
Divyansh.




User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 303
Reviews: 48

Donate
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:52 pm
LilPWilly wrote a review...



Powerful, heartbreaking. Who are you? I’m in love with a Morgan and I feel the same exact way. Better not be the same girl, cause then I’ll have little better to offer.
I love the humor mixed in, and the wild metaphors show your strength in the face of your loss, and yet, somehow, she’s still with you, isn’t she? You definitely haven’t given her up yet. I worry sometimes, when my friends tell me I’m obsessive, that I’ll just hurt the situation with letters like this. Has she seen these? Hopefully she likes them enough to give you another chance.
This is poetry beyond me. I can’t draw from the farthest stretches of my mind, Rasputin's wardrobe or last week's leftovers.
Please keep posting.




Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 63

Donate
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:25 am
NastyMajesty says...



<3<3<3




yumi says...


.........................................................................

........<3<3<3......<3<3<3.........

......<3<3<3<3..<3<3<3<3......

.....<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3.....

.......<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3.......

..........<3<3<3<3<3<3<3........

..............<3<3<3<3<3.............

................<3<3<3<3...........

.....................<3<3...................

.......................<3.....................



yumi says...


.........................................................................

........<3<3<3......<3<3<3.........

......<3<3<3<3..<3<3<3<3......

.....<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3.....

.......<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3.......

..........<3<3<3<3<3<3<3........

..............<3<3<3<3<3.............

................<3<3<3<3...........

.....................<3<3...................

.......................<3.....................


Random avatar
NastyMajesty says...


OH WAO



yumi says...


I WIN~ :D lol


Random avatar
NastyMajesty says...


*cri*



yumi says...


XP




More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes