z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A Song of Songs

by wafflewolf7


Joyful, exuberant, and full of spirit,

You make my energetic soul sing.

Slow, somber, and lovely in lyric,

You carry me on soft angelic wings.

-

Swiftly, loudly, you consume my mind,

Your tumultuous emotion rages.

Groaning and weeping you won’t leave me behind,

Comforting me as you spill off your pages.

-

Your numerous faces endear me to you,

Your rising and falling leave me entranced.

You’ve always been there and will always be true,

And I will remember how you made me dance.

-

For multiple faces can often be bad,

But yours all remind me of times that we’ve had.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 326
Reviews: 19

Donate
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:54 pm
Caitlynn wrote a review...



Okay I must say.....I for one absolutely love it. The words you use are very lovely, and I especially love the line "Groaning and weeping you won’t leave me behind,Comforting me as you spill off your pages." Absolutely beautiful. This simply flows off the page in a very elegant way, the rhythm is excellent a long with the flow, I actually don't have a lot to review in this one, but that doesn't mean you can't improve. You can always improve.




wafflewolf7 says...


Thank you so much for all your compliments!! Even if you feel like you don't have too much to review, I always appreciate your commentary- and like you said, I can always improve.



User avatar
453 Reviews


Points: 825
Reviews: 453

Donate
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 pm
Lib says...



Hi wafflewolf7!

I really love this masterpiece! The way you used your wording, emotions, and metaphors, is FABULOUS!

Keep on writing!

~Liberty500

(P.S: Please write another one!)




wafflewolf7 says...


:') :''''') Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This makes me so happy to see!!
^ me crying of joy



User avatar
453 Reviews


Points: 825
Reviews: 453

Donate

User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 97
Reviews: 103

Donate
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:14 am
Samhain wrote a review...



This is really good! I like how you explored the metaphor of the song and showed how songs can help you see things different in your life and affect your emotions, because it is very true that songs affect your emotions and change your perspectives. The only thing that I didn't quite understand were the last two lines "For multiple faces can often be bad,/But yours all remind me of times that we’ve had." Maybe clarify those a little more? Maybe it's just the way I read it.
Excellent and keep up the good work!




wafflewolf7 says...


Thank you!! In those last lines I was talking about how a two-faced person is not someone you really want to be around, but all the many faces of music can help you despite what you're going through.



Samhain says...


Oh that makes sense now!



User avatar
162 Reviews


Points: 1865
Reviews: 162

Donate
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:23 am
FireSpyGirl wrote a review...



Hi there!
This is really, really good! The only thing I would change is when you say "Angelic wing" I would say "Wings." To me, it fits better with the rest of the sonnet.

My favorite part:
"Swiftly, loudly, you consume my mind,

Your tumultuous emotion rages.

Groaning and weeping you won’t leave me behind,

Comforting me as you spill off your pages."

You are really, really good! Keep it up!




wafflewolf7 says...


:) :) Thanks a million!!! I will change that- it just sounds better.



User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 7451
Reviews: 461

Donate
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:12 am
Horisun says...



Loved it! It was so good, I wanna read more! The words flowed. And throughout it, I was imagining the words in my head. Amazing job.




wafflewolf7 says...


Thank you sooooooo much!! That's what I was going for!




If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig