The biggest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it !

by urvikavyas

The first step on the path of success is taking initiative! But, this is the reason maximum people fail. Everyone wants change but no one wants to change themselves. They want to be responsibilities-free but want benefits too. But that’s not possibly true. ‘Why me?’ becomes the barrier most of the time. But can you have a fruit without growing a tree?

Once upon a time even when Akbar tested his kingdom he was shocked with the result. The story was that once Akbar and Birbal decided to test the people of their kingdom. Akbar built a well and asked everyone to pour a glass of milk in it. Days passed by the final day of results came he was shocked to see that there was only water and no milk. Later, did He found that it was the ones belief that he’ll pour a glass of water but everyone else will pour milk what will that matter.

Same is with the people around the world these days. People choose politicians to change the country. But as usual they blame someone else and we are left again like a man in between an isolated island. If this continues we fear off the future. In such situations future is in darkness. We need to take measures and give our upcoming generations a great future but that’s only possible when one finds him responsible and takes responsibility in saving our mother earth.

People cry out loud for ‘Global Warming’. Everyone knows what it is how it is caused, several awareness advertisements are given and children are taught through projects. But my question here is: Is that all required? Our work ends here? What about saving earth? Few Campaigns and Rallies cannot save environment. Strict rules should be made and followed. Why not every Ngo’s in the cities get-together and stop pollution, take initiative and help our earth. People will be ready to join but will not lead we can get many volunteers but all we need to is to start.

In the year 1998 a man named Vikas Chandra from Patna, came up with the motto of cleaning River Ganga. In his research he found that no one wants to take responsibility but he took. Was Ganga only his? Was it all only his duty? Those million people revere River Ganga as ‘Ganga Maa’, where were those people then? People worshiping this sacred river are the ones making it dirty? Answer to all these questions is that no one in this world is ready to take responsibilities it’s always that you start and I’ll follow but even to start one needs to be there. No doubt, today that man volunteers around 1000 people in mission cleaning Ganga. Today, there are several missions launched by environmentalists as well as our government but its late this should have started long ago. Government came up with action plans there are working today there are many changes but all the credit goes to the man who first initiated it.

Arouet wrote a review...

Well written statement, you can only agree after reading and even possibly take initiative yourself. The stories written are each unique and help bring out the desperation of the message "You can save our planet!"

This is exactly my mindset, I want to become a person to take initiative. I understand that I am not a main character and that I don't extraordinary abilities that make me different from anyone else. Sheer determination and a good intention is all it takes to push this world in the right direction and by God, if no one is gonna do it, I will.

Hey there! Happy review day, and hope you're having a great day as well!

I totally agree with the content you have here. It's true that we all are somewhat blind in this belief that our world will be saved by some angels from lord-knows-where and all we'll have to do is just sit and watch and scream and complain from time to time! But, that is really human nature. Have you ever noticed a thing? When our teachers ask us to raise hands, how many of us, do it, really? Even when we know the answer better than the ones who are raising hands, we just... don't do it! xD And, that's the problem with us. We are scared to state our opinions, we don't like ourselves being heard but, we sure do complain about it! :P

It's indeed true that the world won't change in a day. Good change comes with a price and lots of sacrifice and effort but we all are so self-oriented these days. The question we ask more than anything is- "What's in it for me?" and if we don't seem to find a good-enough reason, we just bury our heads, that's all we do. It's okay- I understand that all these world-issues, nature-problems; some of us can get stressed by all these but doesn't mean, we aren't responsible for this. We are and that's the reality. It's not possible that chosen few will live a dreamy life while others will face the disadvantages. But, we soo seem to ignore the facts!

As long as it concern global warming, you're right. Only rallies and seminars aren't enough! Were they ever? But, they're necessary, to let people know what's really happening, what does global warming even mean and most importantly, how do we fix it! But, yes, taking initiatives is important as well. I've found this another funny trait we all have. We always focus more on the problems than the solutions. We keep blabbering about problems and how dangerous it can turn out to be but, we forget to go and search for what caused the problems and analyse the situations and take actions to fix it. I find it rather funny. I've seen people doing the same in class presentations as well! xD

However, the world will always have problems. Crime, natural disasters and what not. Letting people know- that's what media does but, the rest is always upon all of us. The world can be infected but it's our responsibility to find the cure!

Overall, I loved your article and the story you mentioned:

never knew about it! But, a suggestion: when you write about global problems such as this, make sure you mention variety of examples. You only seem to have given from a specific country. Also, for articles like Global warming, data can be very powerful-gives your writing a boost! :D

Hope you write more! Big love! xx And, hello from my team- Team Jawbreaker! :D

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:01 am
Arouet says...

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:54 am
Arouet says...

I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear