Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Humor

Being Lazy Is Amazing: 8 Reasons Why!

by kartikdevpura

Laziness = Awesomeness

Not a lot of people might believe that, but there it is! All it takes is a little logic and common sense (not that a lot of people have it) to figure it out. So here I am, one of the many followers of lazism, trying to help people understand why doing nothing might be for the best.

1. Lazy people help the environment.

Lazy people consume less. And it actually makes sense. If you are too lazy to get a high profile job and then too lazy to enjoy the chore that we call shopping then you obviously get by without a lot of pollution-y things. That's eco-warrior stuff right there!

Put it this way, we need to stop using so much energy if we're gonna save save the planet right?

2. Lazy people promote peace.

You ever hear of a perennially lazy guy/gal joining the army or a rebel group? U-uh.

Lazy people simply don't care about who gets more reservation. They like sleeping and sun-tan more than fighting and nuclear weapons.

3. Lazy people provide others awesome career opportunities.

Lazy people are so natural at doing things for other people that they even let career opportunities fly by so that someone else can get the job.

You think if a lazy person was motivated enough to get a job, Bill Gates would still be where he is right now? Just sayin'.

4. Lazy people are extremely, extremely generous.

This is a bit like the above point. Now for a minute, lets assume a lazy person is sitting ona park bench, eating ice cream. Just sitting on a park bench enjoying the ice cream. Because thats what lazy people do. So anyway, a true hard-working guy comes and steals the ice cream and runs away. The lazy person is too lazy to do anything about it, which is the same as being generous for all practical purposes, if not intents.

5. Lazy people are naturally enlightened masters.

Normal people pay money to learn how to meditate, then spend a week in different yoga positions which will leave them tired for another week.

Lazy people spend so much time just happily staring into space, there minds a complete void of any content whatsoever, that they generally cross the enlightenment zone in the early stages of their life.

6. Lazy people make the best 'gurus'.

Open Google Images please. Search 'guru'. You'll see several old men, few young men, sitting under a tree cross-legged. Thats all. If we base things on that, lazy people are definitely the best gurus, because sitting cross-legged and doing nothing is everything lazy people do. And lazy people won't even have the energy to refuse people from sitting cross-legged in front of them, right?

7. Lazy people cause the least noise pollution.

Lazy people simply don't yell all the time. They simply don't. It takes too much energy which lazy people choose to conserve. Therefore, lazy people are truly environment and society- friendly.

8. Lazy people don't expect anything much of others.

This is the greatest thing about lazy people. Unlike all the other demanding people that never seem to get out of our face, us lazy people want only one thing from you: call and order pizza.

We lazy people are a pretty easy bunch to please.

So the next time you feel like calling lazy people 'a blot on humanity', think long and hard whether its worth it. Because we lazy people are of too much benefit to the world.

Lazy dudes may be the true masters of the world. Even Yoda might acknowledge them. You never know.

.

.

.

.

You know I'm kidding, right?

steampowered wrote a review...

Hello kartikdevpura, steampowered here with a review to rescue your work from the Green Room! Firstly, I’d like to congratulate you on getting so many likes, and to say that this was an absolutely hilarious piece of writing. It also resonates with me rather a lot, because I should have spent my week off school doing something productive (like studying for the June exams) and instead I sat in bed every day lounging around and browsing YWS.

one of the many followers of lazism

Haha! Although it takes a few seconds to understand what this word means, and I actually misread it as something else (think World War Two Germany) so I’d advise making your meaning super-clear and replace it with “lazy-ism”.

This is brilliant. Maybe I could use this. Little nitpick – you used “save” twice.

lets assume

Apostrophe needed here – “lets” should be “let’s”. Also the “thats” later in the paragraph should be “that’s”.

there minds a complete void of any content whatsoever

“There” should be “their”. Also, I feel rephrasing to “minds are completely void” would be better, but that’s just my opinion.

few young men

Do you mean “a” few young men? Because as it stands, this implies that there are very few young male gurus (which may be true, I suppose)

us lazy people

I think this should be “we lazy people”.

Anyway, the fact I have nothing but nitpicks for you shows just how awesome this work already is. Sorry it took so long to get two reviews, and feel free to let me know if you ever want anything else reviewed!

-steampowered-

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:50 pm
EverStorm says...

This is so true and yet so sarcastic I don't think my brain can handle it. Good job ;)

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:34 am
TheLittlePrince says...

Congrats on being in the spotlight!

Samarthi says...

Amazing!

Samarthi says...

Amazing!

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:20 am
prithamrittika wrote a review...

heya! prithamrittika is here for a review.Firstly I want to say that..I like the topic..It's funny and nice..I like the topic because I'm very lazy..I like to become lazy..and being lazy is not bad..I like the 8 reasons..you showed the reasons very beautifully..overall it is a nice topic and it's funny and I enjoy it much..I think everyone who will read this..they'll enjoy it very much.. I like the line:
" Lazy dudes may be the true masters of the world"

but it is true that you wrote very well and your topic is nice..I hope everyone..who are lazy will like your writing..keep writing.. :)

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket