z

Young Writers Society


12+ Mature Content

The Overnight Trip............ true story! I promise, really!

by foxmaster


This is a real story. It happened to me really recently and I promise I am not making anything here up. I have changed some of the names for privacy. It is up to you to believe me or not, but this is a 100% true, I promise. 

So, this starts with me and kids from my grade going on an overnight field trip in the mountains. You probably will not believe this but it was true and it must be terrible if you doubt me... this night was so crazy I just had to write about this. Why am I saying all of this? Well, you'll see. This night was supposed to be calm and fun- and it was fun, but also chaotic, terrifying, and involved screaming, running, panic attacks, crying, arguing, owls, slamming doors, opening doors, and the women's bathroom. I probably didn't get all the dialogue right, because I didn't remember everything everyone was saying. I'm doing my best about this, got it? 

~~~~~~~

So. I'm writing this in first person, let me begin.....

I finally get off the bus and walk towards the lodge, and it's sad that it looks nothing like it did in the pictures my dad showed the class. (My father is my homeroom teacher, in case you are curious. He's going on this trip. It was his idea. I would applaud him right now, if I were you.) I walk towards Kaylee and Carly and say, "Don't feed the wildlife!" we were joking about that, because they did not go on the bus and simply met us here. 

"Okay!" A kind-looking woman walks towards us and says that we need to put our stuff outside the dormitories and I hope we can go in there soon. I want a top bunk, and I also really hope that the dormitories look like they did in the pictures, too. We drop off our stuff, and walk into the cafeteria as directed. As soon as I get into the cafeteria, I notice it doesn't look like the photographs either. Awww, man.

I sit down at the front and now that I think about it, I wish Mrs. Bergsma hadn't asked the lady about the ghost. It started all of this. This real-life spooky story, which I swear is true. I promise. The lady starts explaining the procedures and stuff, and about how there's an top floor, which I think was (and still is) off limits. Mrs. Bergsma asks, "What about the monster on the top floor?" She's joking. I hope.

"Ohhh, you mean Wilbur!" says the lady. "The resident ghost." I freeze, and I gasp a little bit. Ghost? Ohhh, this sounds like an adventure! I'm so excited and hope I can see him. Right now, as I am writing this, I shake my head at my stupidity. "yes," the lady continues. I forgot her name, but 'lady' seems disrespectful, which I'm trying not to be. "Our friend often comes here and she gets this feeling, like a ghost. She named him Wilbur." The lady continues about fresh linens and stuff, as my mind races quickly. Finally, we are free to go.

We race up the stairs and we snatch our stuff. It's a mad dash for the door, and we zoom into the girls dorm. I race to the back bed and put my backpack on. Kaylee says, "Can I have this bed? I want to be next to Carlie." Before I respond, Carlie moves and so de we, across the dorm. I realize my bed is close to the door. I gulp inwardly. We start making our beds, and I'm once again disappointed that the dorm doesn't look like in the picture.

Now we're just screwing around, and we go outside because we're going on the hike to Devil's Canyon soon. (The hike was great, by the way.)

Me, Kaylee, and Carlie sit on one of the porch swings. "We should see if we can see Wilbur!" I say and the girls agree. "Yeah, we can basically go anywhere." says Carlie. "I know some good ghost games!" I say, and Carlie quickly shuts that idea down, and I inwardly sigh. Finally, we head out on the hike.

After the hike, because nothing really dramatic happened then. It was still nice, but you know.

We race to the dining hall, and I'm saying, "It's not dinner time yet!" But what does everyone do? *ignore me, couch, cough.* We sit down at the tables and Mrs. Bergsma says, "You know there's still 28 more minutes 'till dinner?" We all nod, and I'm slightly annoyed as we make our way back to the dorms. Kris' dad says, "We heard knocking on our door but when we opened it nobody was there." The boys all nod. I gasp. "Yeah, and there was screaming." says Joel. I gasp again. "We're getting the grown-ups!" I announce, somewhat hysterical. But, of course, they only laugh it off. Ugh.

We screw around some more and finally head down for dinner.

While we're having dinner (Sloppy joes, tater tots, nachos, salad, and rice krispy's for dessert), Mylee (not her real name, but that's a short-notice name change and I had to get creative) says, "You know  how we're allowed to go down here for snacks in the middle of the night? Who wants to join me?" We all raise or hands, myself included. Finally, I say, "We should tell scary stories while we do this!" Shouts of agreement, and @Vampiricone6783, I am thinking of The playground, courtesy of YOU!!!!!! "Yeah, Carlie, you can leave the room if it's too scary," says Jane. We all nod. 

We devour our food, get seconds, and finally go back to the dorms. We're all talking, laughing, and then it happens. 

knock knock. 

The knock comes from the other door in our room, as there's two. We look out the window. Nobody's there. Then- another knock, from the fresh linens closet. Oh, my heart's pounding just writing this, it was terrifying when it actually happened. Luckily, I'm standing pretty far from the closet door. Isabella walks over and opens the closet. Nobody is there. She closes the door, and---- it opens up on its own. Slowly, like something is walking out.

"AAAAAAAA!" That's my shrill scream, and I race towards the second door, and run. The other girls do too. It's Wilbur, in our dorm room, ohmygodpleasenottellmei'mwrong. I stop and Riley grabs my shoulder. We're by the front door this time, and this time with the door you have to enter a pin to get in. I'm hyperventilating, tears on the corners of my eyes. Panicking, fear covering me. Nope nope nope. I can barely breathe now. The boys walk up and ask what's wrong. Those little- oh, sorry, you'll see soon enough. 

"You okay?" Riley still grabs my shoulder, ad shakily I say, " I need to sit down." I sit down on the steps, then lean on the railing, feeling like I might pass out, my breathing is speeding up.

I'm having a panic attack.

My mind zooms back to my past, because I have seen a ghost before. I wish I didn't but I did. I'm scared. No, not scared. terrified. The other girls file out and stare at me. Riley steers me to the porch swing and I'm panicking again. I'm shaking.

"Breathe," Gianni says. "In.... out. Breathe in.... and out." I'm copying his movements, and I'm so close to crying. (And this is just the first encounter of the stay, to let you know.) I copy his movements, and now I'm dizzy. Isabella leans against me, and asks, "Do you want your dad?" I nod and she walks away. Gianni is still getting me to breathe normally, and I'm crying now, but only softly. Isabella walks back and says, "You can go to your dad. Want me to walk you?" I shake my head, and walk down the stairs. I finally enter the frickin' cafeteria, and call, "DAD?"  Father rushes towards me, looking at my terror stricken eyes. I can't do this, really, I can't."

"Foxmaster?" (He really didn't say my name, but I don't feel like posting my real name, so here we go.) "What is it?" I finally burst into tears, tears of fear. Shakily, I tell him what happened. "I've never seen you so worked up," he remarks. Ms. Howell (Riley's mother) says, "I'll go with you to show you the ghost isn't real." I whimper and cry some more. We slowly walk towards the dorms, and Isabella asks, "Are you okay?" I nod, although I'm really not. But I don't want her to worry.

Mrs. Howell walks into the room and I sob some more, and the girls are staring at me. Carlie is crying, too. The girls are comforting her. Mrs. Howell opens the closet (when did it close?) and motions. "No ghost!" Of course not, ghosts can't be seen unless they want to be. I've seen one before. It's terrifying. Mrs. Howell walks away, and the girls look at me. I stop shaking and sobbing, but I'm still scared.

I was scared too." Carlie says. "It was terrifying." "It was a joke," says Jane. "The boys admitted to it. just a prank." Mrs. Bergsma tells us it's time for the birds of prey presentation. Meanwhile, I almost boil over with anger. NO. NOOOOOOO. This was all a joke? I'm furious. Turns out, Carson (his mom was a chaperone) he came and knocked on the door.

But that still doesn't explain the closet, though. I have the urge to yell at someone.

After the birds of prey presentation- the birds were beautiful.

We walk back to the dorms. It's raining like crazy, and we race inside, soaking wet.

We change into our pajamas, and we brush out teeth, before deciding to go to the dining hall and tell scary stories. I feel better now- not scared anymore.

We walk down to the cafeteria and talk. Finally, we go outside to the fire pit to tell scary stories. Cheyenne starts with a story called Russian Blood, which she was telling us about in the cafeteria. We talk some more, giggle a bit, and then we're bored. "We should play night at the museum!" says Alianna. In the dark? Sounds like the recipe for a live horror movie. I'm out, really. I walk inside the dorms with Emily, who also bailed. We're walking through the hallway to the other side, to our dorm. We're almost there, when....

the lights go out. Its pitch black. Me and Emily both squeal, and race down the hallway. We get to our dorm, finally, and fling ourselves onto her bed, the farthest from the door we can basically get. We're panting, and then the girls walk into the room. The lights are back out. "Guys?" I ask. "Did you  guys turn off the lights in the hallway?"

"No," says Carlie. "We didn't." which means, it was either the boys, or.... the ghost. I whimper. We talk a bit, and I can't get that out of my head. I shudder. Finally, the girls go to the cafeteria. I don't go. I'm still panting. Apparently, Anne lost her phone, and the girls raced back screaming.

"We were being 'loud,' and a voice shushed us! A picture almost fell off the wall and someone was trying to take my phone out of my hand!" says Emily, panicked. I tense..... ugh. But... I want to go with the girls. This is just a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I grab a flash light and we walk down to the cafeteria. I am scared. Finally, we find Anne's phone. We sit down and talk a bit. Then, I realize I have to go to the bathroom, like bad. I race up the steps. Dad is on the front porch, talking with Mr. Chester, the bus driver, Mrs. Blier, Carlie's mom, and Mr. Sherwin. We like to annoy him a lot.

"Dad! I have to go to the bathroom!" I say. I race down the hall to the bathroom, and I'm almost to the woman's room when I freeze. The blow dryer is running and:

  • The girls and Ms. Bergsma are in the cafeteria,
  • Mrs. Howell and Carson's mom are asleep in the dorms,
  • Mrs. Blier is on the porch.

That's all the women. Who else would be activating the blow dryer in the women's bathroom?

The ghost, that's who. I scream, (inwardly), turn on my heel, and I know I have to get the hell out of there. I zoom out of the building and slam the door behind me. "What is it?" Dad asks, shining his flashlight in my eyes. "Someone's using the blow dryer in the woman's bathroom and nobody is there- it's the ghost!" I'm hysterical.

"Okay..." Dad leans down and punches the code into the door- 135. The door gets stuck. 'Weird," dad says. "I'm always good at this..." It's almost as if someone is pulling the door the other way- like they don't want us in there. I jump up and down, flapping my hands and breathing heavily. It takes a lot of tries, but eventually the door opens. The blow drying has stopped. weird, and immensely creepy. 

Dad points his flashlight at the door and says, "Let's go check it out." "NONONONONONONONONONONO." I say, stepping back. "Foxmaster-" "please, don't have me go in there!" I turn on my heel and run back into the cafeteria, light headed. Nope nope nope.

"GUYS!" I yell at the girls. They look up, and I describe what happened to the feverishly. I'm terrified, and they can tell that. "Stop, I'll go with you." Kylee says, and I'm so grateful. We walk up the stairs, and I'm shaking. I'm scared. Really scared. I cannot do this, nope. We walk in and Dad side-eyes me. I finally walk in and do my business. While we're washing our hands, I'm waiting for Kaylee. She's practically done, ad then I hear it. Water trickling, like someone using the bathroom or showering. But we're the only ones here... or are we?

"Kaylee, get out of here now!" My voice is packed full of so much fear Kaylee immediately stops and I run down the hall. We race outside and I say, "I heard the ghost---- wait, was your sink almost done?"

"Yeah..."Says Kaylee. I laugh. I didn't hear the ghost, I ws hearing the sink. I explain my mistake and Kaylee laughs as we walk down to the cafeteria. We tell everyone what happened, and what we do is walk back to the dorms.

~~~~

We play games by firelight for the rest of the night, it was quite relaxing. Up until Nora read oud one of the sayings on the wall-

The spring winds have secrets to tell you...

Don't go back to sleep.

"It's a warning," she says. I freeze, and nooooooo please not. I tell her to shut up. We're all so shaken we act like monsters to free up our nerves a bit- and scare Cheyenne so much she bursts out crying. We try to make her relax. 

Finally, we go to bed. Well, I'm putting my headphones in all the girls chant, with  flashlights under their faces,

"The spring winds have secrets to tell you. Don't go back to sleep. Don't go back to sleep. Don't go back to sleep. Don't go back to sleep Don't go back-" 

"I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU ALL SHUT UP!" I yell. They ignore me and continue. I shake a bit. No, please no. I start crying  bit. The girls stop and stare at me, like they feel bad. yeah, sure. They ask if I'm all right, but I hear someone say, "She's not actually crying, she's just trying to get attention for herself." I wanted to punch whoever said that. Hmph. 

Finally, we end up getting in bed, but I can't fall asleep and keep o hearing creepy noises. "Who touched my foot?" asks Aliana. Nobody answers her.

The next morning.

I wake up. Well, Cheyenne's alarm goes off, so that's how we wake up, technically. We all go to the bathroom in pairs, and it happens again.

Me and Kaylee both go. While I'm um, couugh couuugh, I see a shadow under the doorway, and Kaylee says that she heard someone say, "HI!" but we're the only people in there. While I'm washing m hands,  we talk, and then we turn off the water.... the trickling sound again. It's not from us. We're all alone- well, we were until now. The girl's bathroom is haunted, too.

We race out and tell them what we heard. Soon, it's time for breakfast and nothing major happens, until when we get back the girls want to go to the boy's dorm. While we're looking through the door, I leave because I don't want to get in trouble. Me and my friend Anna sit on the bed and talk before some of the girls rush in, screaming. Mylee is having a panic attack. 

"THE BOY'S ROOM IS HAUNTED! THEY HAVE A PRESCHOOL ROOM IN THERE AND THE TOYS WERE MOVING ON THEIR OWN!" yells Kaiya. The other girls nod in wide-eyed terror. they're either telling the truth or they're all fabulous actors. I doubt it's the latter.

~~~

We're packing up to leave and everyone is scared out of their wits. "Boys." I motion to Joel, Vinny, and Gilberto. They run in. Their first two attempts for videos sucks, but the last one is different. Because in the last one:

They're walking around the room, and then Vinny says, "Shh. What's that?"

"What was it?" I ask. "It was music, from a music box. The preschooler one." says Joel. I doubt it... kind of.

~~~

I don't honestly know what happened then... Cheyenne says someone kept touching her back in the middle of the night... is it true? Whatever it was, it was crazy and a once in a lifetime experience, scaring us out of our wits. I want to investigate more, but then again, I don't. I swear this is true, though. If you don't believe me, I'm sorry.

                                                                                             -Foxmaster!!!

P.S: BEWARE THE GHOST! 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
229 Reviews


Points: 9163
Reviews: 229

Donate
Stickied -- Sun May 14, 2023 12:02 am
View Likes
foxmaster says...



THIS IS TRUE I SWEAR.




User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 2308
Reviews: 41

Donate
Wed May 17, 2023 6:09 pm
View Likes
SkyVibes says...



I can understand how the situation can be very scary. You have very good friends who didn't call you names for what you felt about the ghost and they are also good friends for wanting to help you also. What a unique way to forever remember your trip though lol!




foxmaster says...


thanks!!!1



User avatar
992 Reviews


Points: 101
Reviews: 992

Donate
Sun May 14, 2023 10:16 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



I’m sorry that happened to you. The important thing is that you and the others are okay. I’m sorry that my stories scare you. You don’t have to read them if you don’t want to. I will usually have a rating for what I see as a darker and more “mature” story, but you might not like the stories without ratings. Everyone gets scared of different things. Everyone has fear and that’s okay. I get scared of certain things too.

I also have a folder of happier stories called “Happy-ish stories”. You can read those if you want. This experience sounds really creepy, but at least you got to go on a hike and see some cool birds!

Have a beautiful day/night.




foxmaster says...


thank you! I have to say that the experience was actually really awesome.





You%u2019re welcome and yes, it%u2019s definitely one you%u2019ll never forget.



foxmaster says...


Oh and I mentioned the playground not because it was bad, but because, its like the BEST scary story, so I hope I didn't insult you in anyway. %uD83D%uDE00





No, you didn%u2019t. I was pleased to be mentioned.



User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 33886
Reviews: 170

Donate
Sun May 14, 2023 7:16 pm
View Likes
Rose wrote a review...



Greetings @foxmaster

Here with a review as requested for this story.

First of all, I'll be very honest, I wasn't really convinced that a story like this could be true. It did seem like an interesting story to read, just not one that could be based on TRUE events.
But... when I started reading it (gulps), it almost felt like every single word came to life. I'm reading the story for a second time, But guess what, I read it first at night. Yup, I know, not very smart. But it added an extra kick to the story. And GOODNESS GRACIOUS, it was creepy...


I sit down at the front and now that I think about it, I wish Mrs. Bergsma hadn't asked the lady about the ghost. It started all of this. This real-life spooky story, which I swear is true. I promise. The lady starts explaining the procedures and stuff, and about how there's an top floor, which I think was (and still is) off limits. Mrs. Bergsma asks, "What about the monster on the top floor?" She's joking. I hope.

When I started reading the story, I didn't know it was going to be about a ghost. But I should have known. Strange overNIGHT trip (the word 'night' says almost everything), spooky place, spooky story, strange top floor, MONSTER. This is all true.
I thought you were joking, I hoped. But NOOOO, this is a real ghost story. And from my experience, ghost stories never end good. But you're a lucky person, 'cause yours did.


The knock comes from the other door in our room, as there's two. We look out the window. Nobody's there. Then- another knock, from the fresh linens closet. Oh, my heart's pounding just writing this, it was terrifying when it actually happened. Luckily, I'm standing pretty far from the closet door. Isabella walks over and opens the closet. Nobody is there. She closes the door, and---- it opens up on its own. Slowly, like something is walking out.

WHAT-THE-ACTUA...
This really happened. OH MY GOD. A closet opening by itself, and a scary KNOCK-KNOCK, not... strange... at all?
You had a panic attack? Girl, how did you even make it through the night? I really hope you're okay now.


W-W-Wait, wait, wait... WHAATTT? (me reading further) It was all a prank?!! HOW DARE THEY?
The fact that the boys played a prank on you was just plain RUDE. I'm surprised you were able to control yourself and did not punch them in the face and give them a black eye (that would have been well deserved).
But still you are right, the prank doesn't explain the closet...

Okay, HOLD on, after what just happened, are scary stories going to be the topic?
Uhmm, no thank you.
Why on earth? This is soooo like a real ghost story and even though I believe it, I just can't believe it. It doesn't make any sense, but I guess nothing does now...


the lights go out. Its pitch black. Me and Emily both squeal, and race down the hallway. We get to our dorm, finally, and fling ourselves onto her bed, the farthest from the door we can basically get. We're panting, and then the girls walk into the room. The lights are back out. "Guys?" I ask. "Did you guys turn off the lights in the hallway?"

"No," says Carlie. "We didn't." which means, it was either the boys, or.... the ghost

The lights go out. COMPLETE DARKNESS. (blinks a hundred times) Are you kidding me? Did those guys do this again? I don't think they would have wanted a matching black eye.
So, yeahh, if it wasn't the boys... Was it the...? (takes a sip of water) It wasn't the... (takes another sip)... I mean, no, of course not, right? (clears throat awkwardly) Or was it really the GHOST!!!

And then after that comes the whole scary bathroom thing and the boys haunted room. Could it get any worse?
I feel like there should have been a warning at that point.
*FAIR WARNING: READ FURTHER AT YOUR OWN RISK* (with three dramatic exclamation points)
I'm glad you didn't add a warning, because I'm not sure I would have paid attention to that. It's spine-chilling, but I just love stories like this. No exclamation points with warnings should dare to get in the way of this thrilling story.


They're walking around the room, and then Vinny says, "Shh. What's that?"

"What was it?" I ask. "It was music, from a music box. The preschooler one." says Joel. I doubt it... kind of.


The story ends with an unsolved mystery. Soo creepy...
I just love mysteries and I would really like to find out about the unsolved ones, but uhmm, I think I'm comfortable here, thanks. I'm pretty sure I don't plan on finding out. Maaayyyybeeee I will, but from afar.

There are many stories and many myths, especially about ghosts. And there are a lot of people who say that some of them are true, but of course it's very rare that anyone believes it. But once you experience it... Everything starts to seem possible, from the truth behind the stories to ghosts walking around places...


Anyway, let's not make this any scarier than it already is. I really hope you're okay now, because this has not been one of the most wonderful experiences (I don't think it even gets a spot on that list).
And take this from a friend; make some hot tea (or coffee, if you prefer) and relax a bit. Most importantly, don't watch horror movies for a while, especially not at NIGHT. You don't want the lights to go out, and you certainly don't want your popcorn to "fly" away.

I have to say that even though "this story was really true", you wrote it so precisely that I could just imagine it all happening. You truly have a unique way of writing.

Take care and have a "creepless" day...


Me,

Rose




foxmaster says...


thank you! Although I did leave out the part when we were about to leave and us girls were in the bathroom huddled against the door, freaked out, and then Mrs. Bergsma decided to pull a prank on us, and yell BOO nearly giving us a heart attack, and how we got back at the boys and they thought it was actually the ghost. We were going to say that we heard someone screaming bloody murder outside of our room, but all we did was knock on their door and then run away. :)



Rose says...


Wow! That night was full of pranks. I'm starting to wonder if you guys were the most scared or if it was "the ghost" that decided to pack up and leave :D



User avatar
226 Reviews


Points: 32656
Reviews: 226

Donate
Sun May 14, 2023 4:13 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham wrote a review...



Hey there @foxmaster

This is very nicely written. And I'm very sorry this was real for you.

Let's start right away, shall we?

So, this starts with me and kids from my grade going on an overnight field trip in the mountains. You probably will not believe this but it was true and it must be terrible if you doubt me... this night was so crazy I just had to write about this. Why am I saying all of this? Well, you'll see. This night was supposed to be calm and fun- and it was fun, but also chaotic, terrifying, and involved screaming, running, panic attacks, crying, arguing, owls, slamming doors, opening doors, and the women's bathroom. I probably didn't get all the dialogue right, because I didn't remember everything everyone was saying. I'm doing my best about this, got it?


I suppose the story is going to be told from your point of view. Well with all the warnings you placed, it seems like this is going to quite an interesting journey. And if its true im totally in for it. I love creepy, brutal, realities. So, gimme all of that. " I'm doing my best about this, got it?" THat's alright. Let's get this creepy party startedddd.

So. I'm writing this in first person, let me begin.....

I finally get off the bus and walk towards the lodge, and it's sad that it looks nothing like it did in the pictures my dad showed the class. (My father is my homeroom teacher, in case you are curious. He's going on this trip. It was his idea. I would applaud him right now, if I were you.) I walk towards Kaylee and Carly and say, "Don't feed the wildlife!" we were joking about that, because they did not go on the bus and simply met us here.

"Okay!" A kind-looking woman walks towards us and says that we need to put our stuff outside the dormitories and I hope we can go in there soon. I want a top bunk, and I also really hope that the dormitories look like they did in the pictures, too. We drop off our stuff, and walk into the cafeteria as directed. As soon as I get into the cafeteria, I notice it doesn't look like the photographs either. Awww, man.

I sit down at the front and now that I think about it, I wish Mrs. Bergsma hadn't asked the lady about the ghost. It started all of this. This real-life spooky story, which I swear is true. I promise. The lady starts explaining the procedures and stuff, and about how there's an top floor, which I think was (and still is) off limits. Mrs. Bergsma asks, "What about the monster on the top floor?" She's joking. I hope.

"Ohhh, you mean Wilbur!" says the lady. "The resident ghost." I freeze, and I gasp a little bit. Ghost? Ohhh, this sounds like an adventure! I'm so excited and hope I can see him. Right now, as I am writing this, I shake my head at my stupidity. "yes," the lady continues. I forgot her name, but 'lady' seems disrespectful, which I'm trying not to be. "Our friend often comes here and she gets this feeling, like a ghost. She named him Wilbur." The lady continues about fresh linens and stuff, as my mind races quickly. Finally, we are free to go.


Just as I expected. Your writing in the first person singular. Great. But what I don't quite understand is, is your dad a teacher? or is he the principal? That wasn't really clear, but it doesnt matter. So, yeah we are going on a field trip.

👻👻 !Ghost! 👻👻
Amazing, I like this. ((Wait, Wilbur is the name??? This actually reminds me of a movie I saw some time ago, there the ghost his daughter named Wilburg.))

We race up the stairs and we snatch our stuff. It's a mad dash for the door, and we zoom into the girls dorm. I race to the back bed and put my backpack on. Kaylee says, "Can I have this bed? I want to be next to Carlie." Before I respond, Carlie moves and so de we, across the dorm. I realize my bed is close to the door. I gulp inwardly. We start making our beds, and I'm once again disappointed that the dorm doesn't look like in the picture.

Now we're just screwing around, and we go outside because we're going on the hike to Devil's Canyon soon. (The hike was great, by the way.)

Me, Kaylee, and Carlie sit on one of the porch swings. "We should see if we can see Wilbur!" I say and the girls agree. "Yeah, we can basically go anywhere." says Carlie. "I know some good ghost games!" I say, and Carlie quickly shuts that idea down, and I inwardly sigh. Finally, we head out on the hike.

After the hike, because nothing really dramatic happened then. It was still nice, but you know.

We race to the dining hall, and I'm saying, "It's not dinner time yet!" But what does everyone do? *ignore me, couch, cough.* We sit down at the tables and Mrs. Bergsma says, "You know there's still 28 more minutes 'till dinner?" We all nod, and I'm slightly annoyed as we make our way back to the dorms. Kris' dad says, "We heard knocking on our door but when we opened it nobody was there." The boys all nod. I gasp. "Yeah, and there was screaming." says Joel. I gasp again. "We're getting the grown-ups!" I announce, somewhat hysterical. But, of course, they only laugh it off. Ugh.


You. Are. Playing. Ghost. Games. In. The. Middle. Of. A Freakin' Hike/ field trip wathever. Godddddddddd.............Have you not learned enough from the movies!?!?!?!?!?! That never ever ever ends well. "Eeppppp..........Lord, let's pray, shall we?" 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

See, that's what I had been talking about. The knock! and then there is no one there!!!! No way, I think it's Wilbur. She's probably thinking: "imma teach these kiddos a game not to act as if everything is alright when someone tells you there is a ghost around." ;)

We screw around some more and finally head down for dinner.

While we're having dinner (Sloppy joes, tater tots, nachos, salad, and rice krispy's for dessert), Mylee (not her real name, but that's a short-notice name change and I had to get creative) says, "You know how we're allowed to go down here for snacks in the middle of the night? Who wants to join me?" We all raise or hands, myself included. Finally, I say, "We should tell scary stories while we do this!" Shouts of agreement, and @Vampiricone6783, I am thinking of The playground, courtesy of YOU!!!!!! "Yeah, Carlie, you can leave the room if it's too scary," says Jane. We all nod.

We devour our food, get seconds, and finally go back to the dorms. We're all talking, laughing, and then it happens.

knock knock.

The knock comes from the other door in our room, as there's two. We look out the window. Nobody's there. Then- another knock, from the fresh linens closet. Oh, my heart's pounding just writing this, it was terrifying when it actually happened. Luckily, I'm standing pretty far from the closet door. Isabella walks over and opens the closet. Nobody is there. She closes the door, and---- it opens up on its own. Slowly, like something is walking out.

"AAAAAAAA!" That's my shrill scream, and I race towards the second door, and run. The other girls do too. It's Wilbur, in our dorm room, ohmygodpleasenottellmei'mwrong. I stop and Riley grabs my shoulder. We're by the front door this time, and this time with the door you have to enter a pin to get in. I'm hyperventilating, tears on the corners of my eyes. Panicking, fear covering me. Nope nope nope. I can barely breathe now. The boys walk up and ask what's wrong. Those little- oh, sorry, you'll see soon enough.

"You okay?" Riley still grabs my shoulder, ad shakily I say, " I need to sit down." I sit down on the steps, then lean on the railing, feeling like I might pass out, my breathing is speeding up.

I'm having a panic attack.


Ooppppppssssssssssss........... It happened. The weird knock is here again... This is so not going to end up well. No way, you got a panic attack. It must have been terrible terrible and horrible then.

I think you got her name wrong:
@Vampiricone6783
, it's supposed to be @vampricone6783

My mind zooms back to my past, because I have seen a ghost before. I wish I didn't but I did. I'm scared. No, not scared. terrified. The other girls file out and stare at me. Riley steers me to the porch swing and I'm panicking again. I'm shaking.

"Breathe," Gianni says. "In.... out. Breathe in.... and out." I'm copying his movements, and I'm so close to crying. (And this is just the first encounter of the stay, to let you know.) I copy his movements, and now I'm dizzy. Isabella leans against me, and asks, "Do you want your dad?" I nod and she walks away. Gianni is still getting me to breathe normally, and I'm crying now, but only softly. Isabella walks back and says, "You can go to your dad. Want me to walk you?" I shake my head, and walk down the stairs. I finally enter the frickin' cafeteria, and call, "DAD?" Father rushes towards me, looking at my terror stricken eyes. I can't do this, really, I can't."

"Foxmaster?" (He really didn't say my name, but I don't feel like posting my real name, so here we go.) "What is it?" I finally burst into tears, tears of fear. Shakily, I tell him what happened. "I've never seen you so worked up," he remarks. Ms. Howell (Riley's mother) says, "I'll go with you to show you the ghost isn't real." I whimper and cry some more. We slowly walk towards the dorms, and Isabella asks, "Are you okay?" I nod, although I'm really not. But I don't want her to worry.

Mrs. Howell walks into the room and I sob some more, and the girls are staring at me. Carlie is crying, too. The girls are comforting her. Mrs. Howell opens the closet (when did it close?) and motions. "No ghost!" Of course not, ghosts can't be seen unless they want to be. I've seen one before. It's terrifying. Mrs. Howell walks away, and the girls look at me. I stop shaking and sobbing, but I'm still scared.

I was scared too." Carlie says. "It was terrifying." "It was a joke," says Jane. "The boys admitted to it. just a prank." Mrs. Bergsma tells us it's time for the birds of prey presentation. Meanwhile, I almost boil over with anger. NO. NOOOOOOO. This was all a joke? I'm furious. Turns out, Carson (his mom was a chaperone) he came and knocked on the door.

But that still doesn't explain the closet, though. I have the urge to yell at someone.


IT WAS ALL A PRANK!!! No freakin' way. That is so mean of the boys. (I would prank them back if it was me.) I would be so maddd too! THis is so not fair. (I still cant believe this was/is true) I feel so sorry for you. 😔😔😔

After the birds of prey presentation- the birds were beautiful.

We walk back to the dorms. It's raining like crazy, and we race inside, soaking wet.

We change into our pajamas, and we brush out teeth, before deciding to go to the dining hall and tell scary stories. I feel better now- not scared anymore.

We walk down to the cafeteria and talk. Finally, we go outside to the fire pit to tell scary stories. Cheyenne starts with a story called Russian Blood, which she was telling us about in the cafeteria. We talk some more, giggle a bit, and then we're bored. "We should play night at the museum!" says Alianna. In the dark? Sounds like the recipe for a live horror movie. I'm out, really. I walk inside the dorms with Emily, who also bailed. We're walking through the hallway to the other side, to our dorm. We're almost there, when....

the lights go out. Its pitch black. Me and Emily both squeal, and race down the hallway. We get to our dorm, finally, and fling ourselves onto her bed, the farthest from the door we can basically get. We're panting, and then the girls walk into the room. The lights are back out. "Guys?" I ask. "Did you guys turn off the lights in the hallway?"

"No," says Carlie. "We didn't." which means, it was either the boys, or.... the ghost. I whimper. We talk a bit, and I can't get that out of my head. I shudder. Finally, the girls go to the cafeteria. I don't go. I'm still panting. Apparently, Anne lost her phone, and the girls raced back screaming.

"We were being 'loud,' and a voice shushed us! A picture almost fell off the wall and someone was trying to take my phone out of my hand!" says Emily, panicked. I tense..... ugh. But... I want to go with the girls. This is just a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I grab a flash light and we walk down to the cafeteria. I am scared. Finally, we find Anne's phone. We sit down and talk a bit. Then, I realize I have to go to the bathroom, like bad. I race up the steps. Dad is on the front porch, talking with Mr. Chester, the bus driver, Mrs. Blier, Carlie's mom, and Mr. Sherwin. We like to annoy him a lot.


WHY! ARE! YOU! GUYS! PLAYING! CREEPY! GAMES! FREAKIN'! AGAINNNN! IS ONE TIME NOT GOOD ENOUGH???!!!

What is happening, did the ghost do something or was is the boys again? (***Imagine saying it in profesor Snape's voice. That sound funny***)

"Dad! I have to go to the bathroom!" I say. I race down the hall to the bathroom, and I'm almost to the woman's room when I freeze. The blow dryer is running and:

The girls and Ms. Bergsma are in the cafeteria,
Mrs. Howell and Carson's mom are asleep in the dorms,
Mrs. Blier is on the porch.
That's all the women. Who else would be activating the blow dryer in the women's bathroom?

The ghost, that's who. I scream, (inwardly), turn on my heel, and I know I have to get the hell out of there. I zoom out of the building and slam the door behind me. "What is it?" Dad asks, shining his flashlight in my eyes. "Someone's using the blow dryer in the woman's bathroom and nobody is there- it's the ghost!" I'm hysterical.

"Okay..." Dad leans down and punches the code into the door- 135. The door gets stuck. 'Weird," dad says. "I'm always good at this..." It's almost as if someone is pulling the door the other way- like they don't want us in there. I jump up and down, flapping my hands and breathing heavily. It takes a lot of tries, but eventually the door opens. The blow drying has stopped. weird, and immensely creepy.

Dad points his flashlight at the door and says, "Let's go check it out." "NONONONONONONONONONONO." I say, stepping back. "Foxmaster-" "please, don't have me go in there!" I turn on my heel and run back into the cafeteria, light headed. Nope nope nope.

"GUYS!" I yell at the girls. They look up, and I describe what happened to the feverishly. I'm terrified, and they can tell that. "Stop, I'll go with you." Kylee says, and I'm so grateful. We walk up the stairs, and I'm shaking. I'm scared. Really scared. I cannot do this, nope. We walk in and Dad side-eyes me. I finally walk in and do my business. While we're washing our hands, I'm waiting for Kaylee. She's practically done, ad then I hear it. Water trickling, like someone using the bathroom or showering. But we're the only ones here... or are we?

"Kaylee, get out of here now!" My voice is packed full of so much fear Kaylee immediately stops and I run down the hall. We race outside and I say, "I heard the ghost---- wait, was your sink almost done?"

"Yeah..."Says Kaylee. I laugh. I didn't hear the ghost, I ws hearing the sink. I explain my mistake and Kaylee laughs as we walk down to the cafeteria. We tell everyone what happened, and what we do is walk back to the dorms.


awwww. Your dad is so sweet. The fact that he takes you to the bathroom because your scared, is very sweet and nice from him. (Ku2 foxmaster's dad!!! You are a great father!)

Godddd, is the ghost creeping again?? This is getting scary, but wait a minute. Its all real. WEll, it is really getting scary and creepy and all Ghosty........ Poor Kaylee, the girl cant even go to the bathroom in peace anymore. I hope it all ends well.

We play games by firelight for the rest of the night, it was quite relaxing. Up until Nora read oud one of the sayings on the wall-

The spring winds have secrets to tell you...

Don't go back to sleep.

"It's a warning," she says. I freeze, and nooooooo please not. I tell her to shut up. We're all so shaken we act like monsters to free up our nerves a bit- and scare Cheyenne so much she bursts out crying. We try to make her relax.

Finally, we go to bed. Well, I'm putting my headphones in all the girls chant, with flashlights under their faces,

"The spring winds have secrets to tell you. Don't go back to sleep. Don't go back to sleep. Don't go back to sleep. Don't go back to sleep Don't go back-"

"I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU ALL SHUT UP!" I yell. They ignore me and continue. I shake a bit. No, please no. I start crying bit. The girls stop and stare at me, like they feel bad. yeah, sure. They ask if I'm all right, but I hear someone say, "She's not actually crying, she's just trying to get attention for herself." I wanted to punch whoever said that. Hmph.

Finally, we end up getting in bed, but I can't fall asleep and keep o hearing creepy noises. "Who touched my foot?" asks Aliana. Nobody answers her.

The next morning.

I wake up. Well, Cheyenne's alarm goes off, so that's how we wake up, technically. We all go to the bathroom in pairs, and it happens again.

Me and Kaylee both go. While I'm um, couugh couuugh, I see a shadow under the doorway, and Kaylee says that she heard someone say, "HI!" but we're the only people in there. While I'm washing m hands, we talk, and then we turn off the water.... the trickling sound again. It's not from us. We're all alone- well, we were until now. The girl's bathroom is haunted, too.

We race out and tell them what we heard. Soon, it's time for breakfast and nothing major happens, until when we get back the girls want to go to the boy's dorm. While we're looking through the door, I leave because I don't want to get in trouble. Me and my friend Anna sit on the bed and talk before some of the girls rush in, screaming. Mylee is having a panic attack.

"THE BOY'S ROOM IS HAUNTED! THEY HAVE A PRESCHOOL ROOM IN THERE AND THE TOYS WERE MOVING ON THEIR OWN!" yells Kaiya. The other girls nod in wide-eyed terror. they're either telling the truth or they're all fabulous actors. I doubt it's the latter.


OMGosh....... THe girls bathroom is haunted. (****Why does it sound like moaning murtle from Harry Potter???****) Eepppp.....Poor Anna. Poor Foxmaster. Poor Mylee. Poor Kaiya. Poor Kaiylee. Poor girls. Poor everyone. This is so creepy and why is it realllll........

~~~

We're packing up to leave and everyone is scared out of their wits. "Boys." I motion to Joel, Vinny, and Gilberto. They run in. Their first two attempts for videos sucks, but the last one is different. Because in the last one:

They're walking around the room, and then Vinny says, "Shh. What's that?"

"What was it?" I ask. "It was music, from a music box. The preschooler one." says Joel. I doubt it... kind of.

~~~

I don't honestly know what happened then... Cheyenne says someone kept touching her back in the middle of the night... is it true? Whatever it was, it was crazy and a once in a lifetime experience, scaring us out of our wits. I want to investigate more, but then again, I don't. I swear this is true, though. If you don't believe me, I'm sorry.

-Foxmaster!!!

P.S: BEWARE THE GHOST!


Mindblowing. Ending. I still have a hard time believing this is true but I'll try very very very very very hard. I'm sorry you had to go trough all of that. But thank god you have your sweet dad. I'm glad you are out of that place now. And safe wherever you are. STAY SAFE>>DON'T PLAY CREEPY GAMES AT NIGHT. EVER. AGAIN. Have a nice day/night! I hope you recover soon from this trauma.

- Rinisha




foxmaster says...


Thank you! We're all still super confused about all this, and let's not forget how, when we were about to leave (I forgot t write this), Mrs. Bergsma jumped in and scared the heck out of us in the bathroom!!!



AmayaStatham says...


hahahahaah, that's funny. (I shouldn't laugh. IT was probably scary weary. Eeepppp)

Question: Do you think it's a bit late to bring up Lara's condition in MaryAnna?

- Rinisha



foxmaster says...


it is kind of late.



AmayaStatham says...


hmmmmmmmmm, but can you follow it?



foxmaster says...


yup, I can!




They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain