z

Young Writers Society



an old suspicious letter

by diphylleia


I wanted to be brave enough to get myself into your heart as you are living in mine those three months. How could you be so selfish? Or should I ask: Do you know the difference between loving and liking so much?

Neither of us know.

I tried to put everything in somewhere away from me and stop thinking about the asshole of you but just can’t. Or I have to say I don’t want to. I am happy like this.

I felt so bad, anxious, worried… But as magic, when I hugged you, I felt safe.

I was badly sure about all of that and everything… about my love to you… because my love to you was everything. But not anymore.

I loved you why exactly? Your eyes? Your body? Lips? Face? Hair? No… I keep thinking about your poetry, your classical music, your vision, your heart, your calm character, your smile, your serious face, your compliments, your way to deal with things… all of you honestly! I am truly not obsessed; my words can show you more than that.

But it isn’t enough. Love was never enough. Should it be there other things? I don’t know.

I know that everything will be fine, but sadly, even awesome things don’t last until the end.

The whole thing is that I don’t feel I belong to here anymore. I am in love with you, as I am in love with Shakespeare, as I am in love with the smell of old books, as I am in love with the fresh air in the early morn; they are all things that I can’t touch.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
616 Reviews


Points: 122617
Reviews: 616

Donate
Sat May 29, 2021 3:37 pm
FlamingPhoenix wrote a review...



Hey! FlamingPhoenix here with a short review for you!

Okay lets start!

This was a really deep peace of work you have here. I've never been in love before, so the fact I'm feeling so down and heart broken right now really shows how much emotion you put into this.
The words you used were so touching, and so bitterly true! It was just amazing!

I also like the little bit of rhyming you did at the end.

The whole thing is that I don’t feel I belong to here anymore. I am in love with you, as I am in love with Shakespeare, as I am in love with the smell of old books, as I am in love with the fresh air in the early morn; they are all things that I can’t touch.

Its like a little poem at the end of the letter, it really sums up everything you have been saying. And its a really nice little touch to the end!

Over all this could do with a read over, there were a few misplaces words but its not a big deal. :D This was a major emotional roller coaster and I really enjoyed reading it!

I hope you will post more soon and have a great day or night!

FlamingPhoenix
Reviewing with a fiery passion.




User avatar
659 Reviews


Points: 82352
Reviews: 659

Donate
Sat May 29, 2021 3:21 pm
RandomTalks wrote a review...



Hello,

This was a beautiful piece of writing and it breaks it your heart into tiny little pieces and makes you think hard when you are putting them back together. It was real and honest and though it was sad, I like the hope that radiates throughout the thing because it makes me want to hold on to that one chance of a silver lining that promises brighter skies.

" Do you know the difference between loving and liking so much?"

This line was so amazing and it actually renders you speechless and makes you think for a while.

"But it isn’t enough. Love was never enough."

This line was so sad and yet so powerful. It just makes you feel a lot of things.

"......about my love to you… because my love to you was everything."

This was the only part I thought you could change. Instead of 'my love to you', you can write 'my love for you'. It just reads better, but it is totally up to you.

Over all, this was amazing. Keep on the good work!

- RandomTalks




User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 68

Donate
Sun May 31, 2020 12:05 pm
BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...



Hi! This piece broke me to the core. I hope that you are felling better now after pouring your feelings. This was a short piece but had all the potential to leave indelible impression on my mind of reader. The line which gave me a jerk is: " Even awesome things don't last until the end" These lines are so true.
Overall, it is a very well-written piece of work. All the best for your future works.
Keep Writing!
From: Bhavya




User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 164
Reviews: 33

Donate
Sat May 23, 2020 6:00 am
View Likes
DeliriumNervosa wrote a review...



Hi, Delirium Nervosa here to leave a review for you.
I really enjoyed reading your letter! I was definitely able to resonate with the character and I feel many others will be able to as well. It is so openly heartbroken and yet shining through is this unbroken strength and belief that it all will get better eventually. Enjoy the good while it lasts. Don't take things for granted and certainly don't fall in love with someone for their potential. I am so glad I was able to read this wonderful piece of writing! I look forward to reading more of your work.

Delirium Nervosa




User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 1237
Reviews: 39

Donate
Fri May 22, 2020 4:37 pm
sulagna wrote a review...



Hi
diphylleia,
Your piece of writing was wonderful and i was touched while reading so.
It seems that you have been heartbroken . Somebody you loved either has cheated you or rejected. I dont know exactly that what you were saying about but the sentences you used will surely make the reader cry...
It was very emotional. And yes ,I agree with you in the point You mentioned :

" Do you know the difference between loving and liking so much?"
This was the question that was always stuck in my mind. I really could not understand what was the difference between love and liking. But then after thinking a lot I came to the point.

Love is something which you can define as a feeling of care .You cant let something bad happen to your loved ones..
Liking is just a feeling of attraction and nothing else. The feeling which comes when You are attracted by someone's beauty,intelligence,character ,style,passion,body etc.

So ,I think I know whats the difference. I think I told a little much so please dont mind.


And yes Your writing piece was amazing!!
Keep writing !
FROM Sulagna




User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 1050
Reviews: 41

Donate
Fri May 22, 2020 3:09 pm
Shadeflame wrote a review...



Hey, it's Shadeflame here for a review!

I think your style is great! Your letter was very personal, and it seemed that the person writing it was trying to move on. I really like the lines

But it isn’t enough. Love was never enough. Should it be there other things? I don’t know.

It was really sad, and.....I don't know, I just really liked it.

The last paragraph was really good. It seems like a lot a people fall in love with an idea of what they think that person is like. It can ruin their lives, because they're so obsessed with that idea, they don't have time for everything else. I'm glad that the character realized this and decided to move on.

Keep writing
-Shadeflame





"Everything you can imagine is real."
— Pablo Picasso