Home » Literary works » Other » Dramatic

an old suspicious letter

by diphylleia

I wanted to be brave enough to get myself into your heart as you are living in mine those three months. How could you be so selfish? Or should I ask: Do you know the difference between loving and liking so much?

Neither of us know.

I tried to put everything in somewhere away from me and stop thinking about the asshole of you but just can’t. Or I have to say I don’t want to. I am happy like this.

I felt so bad, anxious, worried… But as magic, when I hugged you, I felt safe.

I was badly sure about all of that and everything… about my love to you… because my love to you was everything. But not anymore.

I loved you why exactly? Your eyes? Your body? Lips? Face? Hair? No… I keep thinking about your poetry, your classical music, your vision, your heart, your calm character, your smile, your serious face, your compliments, your way to deal with things… all of you honestly! I am truly not obsessed; my words can show you more than that.

But it isn’t enough. Love was never enough. Should it be there other things? I don’t know.

I know that everything will be fine, but sadly, even awesome things don’t last until the end.

The whole thing is that I don’t feel I belong to here anymore. I am in love with you, as I am in love with Shakespeare, as I am in love with the smell of old books, as I am in love with the fresh air in the early morn; they are all things that I can’t touch.

BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...

Hi! This piece broke me to the core. I hope that you are felling better now after pouring your feelings. This was a short piece but had all the potential to leave indelible impression on my mind of reader. The line which gave me a jerk is: " Even awesome things don't last until the end" These lines are so true.
Overall, it is a very well-written piece of work. All the best for your future works.
Keep Writing!
From: Bhavya

Sat May 23, 2020 6:00 am
DeliriumNervosa wrote a review...

Hi, Delirium Nervosa here to leave a review for you.
I really enjoyed reading your letter! I was definitely able to resonate with the character and I feel many others will be able to as well. It is so openly heartbroken and yet shining through is this unbroken strength and belief that it all will get better eventually. Enjoy the good while it lasts. Don't take things for granted and certainly don't fall in love with someone for their potential. I am so glad I was able to read this wonderful piece of writing! I look forward to reading more of your work.

Delirium Nervosa

sulagna wrote a review...

Hi
diphylleia,
Your piece of writing was wonderful and i was touched while reading so.
It seems that you have been heartbroken . Somebody you loved either has cheated you or rejected. I dont know exactly that what you were saying about but the sentences you used will surely make the reader cry...
It was very emotional. And yes ,I agree with you in the point You mentioned :

" Do you know the difference between loving and liking so much?"
This was the question that was always stuck in my mind. I really could not understand what was the difference between love and liking. But then after thinking a lot I came to the point.

Love is something which you can define as a feeling of care .You cant let something bad happen to your loved ones..
Liking is just a feeling of attraction and nothing else. The feeling which comes when You are attracted by someone's beauty,intelligence,character ,style,passion,body etc.

So ,I think I know whats the difference. I think I told a little much so please dont mind.

And yes Your writing piece was amazing!!
Keep writing !
FROM Sulagna

Shadeflame wrote a review...

Hey, it's Shadeflame here for a review!

I think your style is great! Your letter was very personal, and it seemed that the person writing it was trying to move on. I really like the lines

It was really sad, and.....I don't know, I just really liked it.

The last paragraph was really good. It seems like a lot a people fall in love with an idea of what they think that person is like. It can ruin their lives, because they're so obsessed with that idea, they don't have time for everything else. I'm glad that the character realized this and decided to move on.

Keep writing
-Shadeflame

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel