z

Young Writers Society



I am not a killer (2)

by cm57105


I am not a killer.

 
No,
As I roam the dark streets,
No guilt comes to my mind.
For why should there?
 
What I am doing is not wrong,
In a moral sense I am satisfying my pleasure.
Is that all that bad?
 
As my next victim rounds the corner,
I lick my dry lips.
I can just taste the blood on my mouth,
The breakable bones.
 
She sees me too and tries to turn,
What a fool!
I play this by my own rules,
Not by some petty humans,
 
I'm in front of her before she can run,
And I smile as fear shows clearly in her bright eyes.
Not bright for any longer...
 
First I snap her neck,
An easy tug with my hands,
Then let blood wet my lips.
By now she is dead.
 
And I am free to feast.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
134 Reviews


Points: 88
Reviews: 134

Donate
Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:53 am
FruityBickel wrote a review...



I like this. However, I think it could use more details. It needs more, more life. More description of the blood, maybe a description of how the vampire- I assume it's a vampire- looks, feels in the night. How the nighttime air feels.
And what color are the victim's eyes? Just wondering.

It's a little too short for my taste with the lack of details. However, even without the details it's still an amazing piece. Good work and keep writing.




User avatar
50 Reviews


Points: 350
Reviews: 50

Donate
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:37 pm
zephion wrote a review...



Hello once again cm57105,

And once again, this poem awes me. This was exactly what I had in mind! You once again did a great job. The only thing I might change, is that this poem is a little repetitive from the first one, but that is understandable, being the second part. I like your work a lot. Keep writing and thanks for sharing (again)!

Zephion




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 1239
Reviews: 20

Donate
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 pm
ikiru wrote a review...



Hi! I like this poem. It's good but here is what I think:

Is that all that bad?-- you say 'that' twice. Maybe say "Is it all that bad" or something.

I play this by my own rules,
Not by some petty humans,-- This is a great line, but I would add an apostrophe to the humans to make it human's.

And I smile as fear shows clearly in her bright eyes.
Not bright for any longer...-- this second part makes sense to me, but it is a little unclear. Maybe you could say "They won't be bright for any longer" Or "Eyes that will no longer be bright."

An easy tug with my hands-- I would say of instead of with.

And I am free to feast.-- The And is unnessisary. You could just say "I am free to feast"





Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley