Home » Literary works » Other » Narrative

12+

What Happened to Me?

by Urba

What Happened to Me?

I remember the time when I cryed aloud, "Oh no...I can't write anything anymore." I thought I had a normal writers block. I kept on telling people (even of YWS, the site where I write) that I'm in a block now so I'm in a rest, I'll write more 'Things' ('Things' really?) when the block will be over. Wait I'll go back to yws. And stuff. But what happened was that I myself kept waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...dude it has been an year of block now , what the... ...?

It's not at all like I haven't tried as most people (Including my father) would say. But here I am to tell the world what happend.

As long as I remember my last work (which I even posted in yws) was a super crappy thingie 

about a trend on YWS. And yes that was written in the block but not too creative at all to get blocked in fact I wrote that without thinking. So I started a short story (poor I, who even thought to make that a novel once) and the beginning was like:

A professor comes to Banhladesh and then he faces some complications and a dark truth comes out. But eventually I got stuck in the conversations...my conversation writing skill sucks. Or do I even have such skill or something? I started a science fiction.

And yeah after speed writing some pages well I don't know what to do with Oleg and the menory cards when he gets out of the hideout of four hackers...or what you call then technical geniuses. 

Once again the project failed. 

If you kind guys remember my work titled 'Immortal Devotion' 

There's a character named Gustav. I tried to go forward with him and write his story.

I named it 'Wind in the Maple Woods'...then owww I wrote two entire pages...claps for me!!! Thanks Urba for writing so much I tell myself. 

I even couldn't get Gustav out of his house. Sounds cool hah?

I tried a group work with some of my friends and volla...we ended up debating. Oh God!!! They are so different than me. And then when I realized everything was over with me then guess what I did!! I started playing Clash of Clans!!

Not just Clash of Clans but also I hovered with facebook for some time. Now really I wanna get back to writing. But I know this block won't live me and I described some of my incomplete works but there are heaps of them I can't even remember. And now I'm si busy with studies. So I think this is the end. I even tried to write a lotta reviews but I completed only one which I couldn't post for technical error...poor me again...

AT LEAST I'M THE ELIPSSES QUEEN...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 

Elijah wrote a review...

What Happened to Me?
The tittle is pretty appealing and making the readers stop and take a look.It really adds the mystery you need in your writing but only if you an continue and make the readers even more interested when they start to read the real thing there.

about me folder
about me work
Honestly I thought there is some kind of a typo or an error there.What do you mean by that?I thought it needs to My Work so basically my instead of me.If you meant something else my the "me" I would love to be told.
The block?The way you talk for the whole site in general is strange for me but this may be your point of view?
There are some errors but I think I had said enough.Some typos,that is all.

CaptainJack wrote a review...

Hey there Urba. It's just lizzy dropping by real quick, so without a further ado, let the reviewing begin.

This is my first review of this review day and hopefully not the last. That would be bad seeing as I promised my team five. And this is where all introductions end and I start talking about the presentation of the piece. Wait for it and now it begins below.

What Happened to Me?

This title certainly brings up a lot of questions to the reader. It's interesting enough to catch their attention but it's a little overused. Perhaps if you made the description more interesting, you could draw more people in.
About me folder, about me work

Was the use of "me" instead of "my" stylistic? Or was it just a typo? I was very tempted to read the story but at the same time that one little line was driving me crazy. And should there be a period at the end? I wasn't sure so I might be wrong about that.

I kept on telling people (even of YWS, the site where I write) that I'm in a block now so I'm in a rest, I'll write more 'Things' ('Things' really?) when the block will be over.

So was this published on a different site originally or turned in as a project. It's just the way that you talk about YWS that makes me think you're explaining this to someone else. The formatting is also a little bit messed up so you might want to try and fix that. With all of the parenthesis, the sentence becomes very confusing. The first one was alright but at "'Things'" it seemed a bit unnecessary.

YWS should probably always be capitalized and at one point you might even want to spell it all of the way out. It would just add more variety to the story. There was nothing actually wrong with the progression of the story just a couple of spelling/grammar/typos. I've listed all of those below in a spoiler.

1.

The "I" in "including" needs to be lower case. "happend" needs to be changed to "happened". The two sentences might actually work better as one.
2.

You used "And yeah" to start several sentences and after a couple of sentences it was painful to read. Please try and find a new way to start the sentence. Also what was "menory" supposed o be? Memory?
3.
Oh God!!! They are so different than me. And then when I realized everything was over with me then guess what I did!! I started playing Clash of Clans!!

Only one exclamation point is needed to show that emotion. If you really want all of the emphasis try a color or bold or a little bit bigger font.
4.
And now I'm si busy with studies.

I think that "si" was supposed to be "so". I'm just classifying it as a typo for now.
5.
I even tried to write a lotta reviews

Please don't use slang, text talk, or anything like that in pieces. Just spell it out so the readers can actually understand what you're trying to say.

I think I pretty much understand all of the ellipsis use now. It really confused me when I started reading but I see it was on purpose. Well that's about all I have for this review. Sorry if I couldn't offer any more words of advice/comments, depending on how you take them.
Happy Review Day!
Lizzy
Queen of the Book Clubs

Urba says...

Hey Lizzy
Thank you for your review which was actually helpful. About the typos, I'm sorry. And the description should be 'About me' folder, 'About me' work. I wrote what YWS is because this work is not only supposed to be published in YWS. And using the elipses was not on purpose, I have that problem. And this story is a realistic one. I make so many grammar and spelling mistakes. Sorry again for that.
Thank you.

AutoPilot wrote a review...

Hello! I would say good day, but I see it is not.

Oh you poor dear, for in reading your tales of woe my heart goes out to you. Everyone hates the dreaded writers block, it crams the lid on the jar of creativity, making it impossible for even the most valiant of authors to slip out a story. I am so sorry that your plot bunnies ran away, making it very difficult for you to continue Gustav's life. If I could I would swoop in, as impressive as a senior Green Room knight, and fight off your story-inhibiting demons, I would. If it was in my power to save you from you lack of ideas, from your cramped flow of words, I would do it in a second. But alas, I cannot. You must don your pen of justice and your cuppa of power. You must bring out your soft white pages, devoid of stories, and you must write your heart out. Because that is the only thing even the most persistent Block cannot hinder. Good luck to you my fellow creator of worlds and peoples.

Great Job, and Start Writing!

'Cuppa' is a sort of slang for a cup of tea... I don't know about you, but tea helps my creative juices flow.

Urba says...

Thanks so much. Your kind words touched my hearts and yes thank you again for reading this and reviewing

AutoPilot says...

It wasn't really a review now that I look at it. But thanks all the same

I am a guard of the green order and I am the captain of the guard of troops who protect the strong holds of YWS.
— LadyBird