Eight Reasons Why I Kissed Hayden Beaufort (Part 7/8)

by TriSARAHtops

#7: ARGUMENTS WITH FRIENDS

“Do you reckon he’ll come?” Tahlia asked from in front of my mirror. It was Sunday night – the night of what was looking like Pugnacious Dogma’s final concert. For Tahlia, this meant dragging Audrey over to my house at four in the afternoon to get us ready. Or something like that. I was beginning to suspect that Tahlia was just here to use my full-length mirror.

“He said he would,” I replied. Hayden and I had spoken for a while at the record shop yesterday, which had ultimately wound up in me inviting him to come see Eugene and the others play. We’d swapped numbers, and he’d said he would meet me at my parents’ pub, where the boys were performing. “I reckon he’ll be there.”

“Good,” Audrey piped up. “I’m looking forward to meeting the illustrious Hayden Beaufort.”

“Illustrious?” I scoffed. “You two are making a bigger deal out of this than there needs to be.”

“Meh.” Audrey rolled back on my bed, pointing her feet towards my ceiling. From that position, she said, “We’re just making the most of you having crush on somebody. You gave me enough crap about Freddie. You brought this on yourself.”

“Since when did I have a crush on Hayden?” I demanded, “And I thought I was very well-behaved about you going out with Freddie.”

“Ha. Ha ha.” Audrey barked out a laugh. She turned her head to look at me, then deadpanned. “Oh, you were serious?”

“Get lost,” I retorted, giving her a half-hearted nudge with my foot. “There was so much more I could’ve said about you and Freddie that I didn’t. Some of it was pretty clever, too.”

“And Hayden?” Tahlia’s reflection smiled in my direction, her back to me.

“I dunno… he’s, like, interesting.” I shrugged. “Thinking someone’s interesting doesn’t mean you’ve got a crush on them.”

Audrey sat up and grinned. “Admit it, Liv. You’re in lurve.

“I am not!”

“Are too,” Audrey fired back.

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am no- okay, this is real mature.” I sighed. “Fine. I like him. But I’m not scribbling his name on my books or writing love poems or any of that shit. But yeah, I like him. Happy?”

“Very,” Tahlia replied.

“I’ll live,” said Audrey, flopping back down into my pillows. I swivelled around in my desk chair to look at my phone. Still no word from Eugene. In the corner of my eye, I spotted him smiling at me from his photo on my wall. I turned back to Tahlia and Audrey, trying to ignore the sick feeling in my stomach. I wasn’t sure whether I was going to trying confronting him again about his recent weirdness, but I wasn’t looking forward to talking again. Eugene and I had been untouchable for so long that the idea of what existed between us unravelling was a thing I wasn’t willing to acknowledge – much less let anyone else know about.

Behind me, my phone buzzed, and I snatched at it. But it wasn’t Eugene’s name that appeared on the screen, it was Hayden’s. I opened up the text.

See you soon, it read. I felt a smile spread across my face despite myself. A quick rush of butterflies in my stomach. It was freaky how those three ordinary, mundane words were having such an effect on me, but for just a few seconds a let myself feel the quiet thrill of anticipation that they inspired. I put my phone back and swivelled back to face Audrey and Tahlia. Both of my friends stared at me intently – Tahlia had even turned away from the mirror to do so.

“Stop it!” I groaned. “You’re looking at me like I’ve gotten a message from the Queen or something. Urgh… it’s not even that big a deal. People meet people all the time. It happens.”

“Yeah, but-” Audrey began, but was cut off by a sharp look from Tahlia, who stepped away from the mirror.

She adjusted the bow that she’d pinned to the front of the bun she’d spent the last ten minutes carefully sculpting her hair into as she spoke. “Sure. Even though, I think, Audrey has every right to tease you. But could you answer me one question?”

“Okay.”

“Have you told Eugene about Hayden?” Tahlia asked.

“No.” I bristled. “It’s not his business if I like someone. We’re friends, not married.”

I scowled at Tahlia, as Audrey spoke up, adding, “But he’s your best friend, and liking someone tends to be the kind of thing you tell your best friend. You know, like, confiding in them, or whatever.”

I rolled my eyes. “Cheers for that piece of wisdom, Audrey.”

“Don’t get snarky with me, Liv,” she shot back. “And tone down on the defensiveness. Excuse me for assuming that you guys talk to each other.”

“Both of you, back off,’ Tahlia interjected. She looked at both of us sternly, the softened her tone as she said to me, “But she does have a point, Liv. Are you and Eugene not talking?”

I slumped in my chair, part of me wishing I could fade into the faux-leather upholstery. “I’m not sure,” I said quietly. “Things are kinda weird between us.”

“Is this about the texts you sent me last night?” Tahlia asked.

It felt like ages since I’d texted Tahlia from the bus on the way to the party. I grimaced and admitted, “A little. But you must’ve noticed how strange he’s been acting. He’s not telling me something. Something important.”

“Right.” Tahlia sat down on the edge of my bed next to Audrey. Pulling absently at a loose thread on my doona cover, she said, “Then don’t do the same thing to him.”

“Believe me,” I replied, “I don’t want to.”

***

When Eugene, Theo and Theo’s mum, who was driving us all to the gig, turned up later, everybody piled into Theo’s mum’s seven-seater. Ever since the boys had first started performing, this had been something of a tradition. Theo and Eugene would always leave the venue – leaving Freddie to finish setting up – and even though the rest of were usually capable of getting to wherever they were performing ourselves, they would get one of Theo’s parents to drive the two of them to pick us up. Tahlia, Audrey and I usually tried to meet at the one place so that it wasn’t a completely abhorrent waste of petrol.

During a brief squabble between Audrey and Theo over who was going to sit in the two seats in the very back, Eugene quietly slipped past and sat in the passenger seat, a sullen expression on his face. He hadn’t yet met my eye.

“Okay, so Liv.” We were finally all in the car – Theo and me in the back two seats, with Tahlia and Audrey in the middle row – and Theo turned his head to speak to me. “I’ve been hearing stories. Sounds like you’ve been getting up to some fucking crazy hijinks since I last saw you.”

I narrowed my eyes. “Dunno what you’ve been told, but ‘hijinks’ is a bit of an embellishment.”

“From what Tahlia’s said, it sounds like you had embarked on a perilous mission to rescue Freddie from evil, when you met a dashing young gentleman, who fell madly in love with you. You were torn apart, until fate brought you together once more.” Theo grinned.

“As I said, embellishment,” I said, eyebrows raised.

“Well, when you’re stuck with Freddie and that sook over there all day, Tahlia’s gossip is the only thing that keeps you going.” Theo nodded towards where Eugene sat in the front of the car. The quieter, he asked, “What’s his issue, anyway?”

“I’m not sure,” I replied. “Well, I know part of it, but I don’t quite feel right blabbing about that. But… he’s definitely not telling me something.” Eugene’s confession about the school’s threat to expel him came to mind as I spoke to Theo, but it felt wrong to mention it. Eugene had seemed so shattered when he’d spoken to me about it – to tell Theo without his permission would be a betrayal of trust I wasn’t capable of.

“Well, Freddie’s being even more of a shit to work with.” He grimaced as he spoke. His gently mocking tone was gone, replaced by an angriness that was foreign coming from easy-going Theo’s mouth. “And it’d be nice to have some back-up. Friggin’ idiot won’t even lift a finger for anything that doesn’t concern his drum kit. Usually Eugene would have a go at him, but instead he’s been moping all day.”

“I wish I had an answer, Theo.”

“Not your fault, Liv. It’s just,” Theo said with a sigh, “this is the last time we’ll all be performing together. The band’s over. No more Pugnacious Dogma – not unless you happen to know a drummer.”

I shook my head. Then, I remembered something Freddie had said. “Actually,” I began, “I might just.”

“Shit, are you serious?” Theo asked, as the car pulled to a halt outside the back door of the pub. His eyes widened as the others got out of the car, Tahlia pulling down her seat so that we could climb out.

As I clambered over the seat, I tried to recall Freddie’s words from Friday night. I’d asked him about Trifecta, why there were only two members. Old drummer quit and the bassist filled his shoes, he’d said in response. A few minutes later, Hayden appeared, talking about when he’d been in the band. I hadn’t put too much thought into it, at the time, the fact that if he’d just left the band, that would mean he was the drummer.

I smiled at Theo, as I put two and two together. “I’m thinking there’s someone you might wanna meet.”

“Mysterious isn’t your colour, Liv. More info?” Theo closed the car door. He quickly glance over at Eugene, who stood on the other side of Tahlia and Audrey. Theo beckoned for him to come to us, then nodded at me to continue.

“I’m not making any promises,” I said, “But Hayden, the boy I met, used to be in a band called Trifecta. And, well, he played drums for them.”

“And you reckon he’d consider joining Pugnacious Dogma?” Theo’s eyes lit up, and he was back to being the boy I was used to. I’d never quite considered how much Pugnacious Dogma had meant to Theo, even though he had been the one to get the ball rolling three years ago, when the band had formed. He was insanely talented, but the passion behind that talent had always been hidden behind a carefree smile. He was probably feeling the sting of Freddie’s actions more than anyone.

“I’m not sure,” I replied, careful not to get Theo’s hopes up too high. I still wasn’t entirely clear on Hayden’s motivations for leaving Trifecta, but the look in his eyes as he’d watched them perform gave me hope that he’d at least consider it. “But it wouldn’t hurt to ask, would it?”

“Liv, you are a fucking lifesaver.” Theo turned to Eugene. “Isn’t she, mate?”

Eugene gazed at Theo without speaking, then looked away, running a hand through his short hair. Then, very quietly, he said, “Theo, you’ll need to help Freddie finish up in there. I’ll be in there in a moment.”

“Eu-” Theo began, confused.

“Just go,” Eugene interrupted, “I need to talk to Liv, first.”

From the expression on his face, Theo seemed to be biting back a retort, but instead he turned and followed the others through the doors. We were out the back of the pub, in the car park. Usually, the only times these doors were used was for deliveries, but it was so much easier to get equipment in through these doors than through the front. Right now, the parking lot was full enough of cars, but empty of people, and mostly quiet – aside from the soft roar of the cars on the main road fifty metres away.

“Liv, I haven’t been honest with you,” Eugene said, his voice strained. “I was hoping all this’d just blow over, and we could all get on with our lives. I screwed up, and then I made things even worse, and now I can’t…”

“Can’t what?” I asked. “Tell me, this time.”

“I was going to tell you on Friday,” he said numbly, “After you got back. But then you came back, and you had this look in your eye and I just couldn’t.”

“Hm.” I kicked at a stone that had come loose from the car park’s bitumen. “So what’s different now? Are you just going to give me another hug, pretend that things are normal between us?”

“No,” Eugene replied abruptly, although there was a hint of a quiver to his voice. “What’s different is that this isn’t just going away, like I hoped it would.”

“What isn’t going away?”

“What’s his name, Hayden? They guy you met?” he asked, his change in topic taking me by surprise.

“What’s he have to do with this?” I demanded, raising my eyes to glare at Eugene. This awkwardness, the sensation of being a few words from fighting, was difficult. I could see it in the haunted look in Eugene’s eyes, and I knew that my voice was betraying it.

“You and Theo are so set on solving this,” Eugene dismissed my question with a shake of his head. His voice became louder, angrier. “Find a drummer, problem solved. All Theo’s spoken about today is ways we could convince Freddie to stay. And then you rock up, with a new drummer boyfriend-”

“Hayden’s not my boyfriend,” I snapped. “And even if he were, it’d be irrelevant. I thought you were going to tell me what’s going on.”

“I am.”

“So?”

“What I told you, about the school threatening to kick me out, it was true. Mostly.” Eugene bit his lower lip, closing his eyes as he spoke. “But it wasn’t cos of my grades.”

“And?” I prompted.

“And it’s not Freddie’s fault the band’s breaking up,” he said. “It’s mine.”

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:55 am
Carlito wrote a review...

Hello again! I'm going to try to finish this up today :)

the night of what was looking like

I think this wording is a little clumsy.

which had ultimately wound up in me inviting him to come see Eugene and the others play

I think “with” would sound better.

From that position, she said, “We’re just making the most of you having crush on somebody.

I swivelled around in my desk chair to look at my phone.

New paragraph here because you’re switching from Audrey’s dialogue to what Liv does.

A quick rush of butterflies in my stomach.

You need a vowel here.

I put my phone back and swivelled back to face Audrey and Tahlia.

I would do a new paragraph here because you’ve gone from her internal monologue to what she’s observing.

She adjusted the bow that she’d pinned to the front of the bun she’d spent the last ten minutes carefully sculpting her hair into as she spoke.

This is kind of a mouthful.

When Eugene, Theo and Theo’s mum, who was driving us all to the gig, turned up later, everybody piled into Theo’s mum’s seven-seater.

I think the wording here is really awkward and convoluted. I would do the subjects (listing who is in the car minus the mom), then the action (get into Theo’s mom’s car), and then the because (to go to the gig).

“Well, I know part of it, but I don’t quite feel right blabbing about that. But… he’s definitely not telling me something.”

This seems weird for her to say. It’s a little repetitive with her thoughts about it afterwards and I’d almost lean towards only doing the thoughts that come after. I feel like if she were to say this, the others would probe for more information and how would Eugene not overhear and be upset?

replaced by an angriness that was foreign

Not sure if this is a word :) I think you could go with “anger”.

Usually Eugene would have a go at him, but instead he’s been moping all day. ”

I find it a little weird that they’re talking about Eugene like he’s not there even though he’s in the van with them. How does he not overhear this? Does he have headphones on? Is the radio playing? Is this a whispered conversation in the very back of the van?

I shook my head. Then, I remembered something Freddie had said.

This wording felt awkward to me. Does she have to link it back to Freddie? If she likes this guy and they’ve been talking and hanging out and stuff, I feel like she’d make the connection differently. I get that you’re connecting it back to a previous plot thing, but I think this is short enough that the reader will remember :)

I liked this connection back and how she put the dots together. So I suppose if you want to keep this connection, I would re-word the previous bit. Obviously if you change how she connects it earlier you’ll have to change this part – perhaps a memory of a conversation they’ve had about how he misses drumming or why he left the band.

He quickly glance over at Eugene, who stood on the other side of Tahlia and Audrey. Theo beckoned for him to come to us, then nodded at me to continue.

I don’t think you need this. It feels almost formulaic – like x happened, then y happened, then z happened, now this.

rolling three years ago, when the band had formed .

I don’t think you need the comma before “when”.

and now I can’t…”

Does she cut him off or does he trail off? The ellipses make that a little ambiguous but to me the meaning changes based on that. If she cut him off I’m a little annoyed at her because he was talking and he was starting to explain himself but then she broke the flow. If he trailed off then I get it because she was getting him talking again.

and you had this look in your eye

What does this mean?

his change in topic taking me by surprise.

Not needed because you show us this in the dialogue that follows.

I could see it in the haunted look in Eugene’s eyes, and I knew that my voice was betraying it.

What exactly is “it”?

I'll leave things there for now, but as always please let me know if you have any questions or if anything I said was confusing!! :)

TriSARAHtops says...

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I think you reviewd this about the same time I was starting exams therefore my brain was probably a bit frazzled. But thank you!

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:32 am
Noelle wrote a review...

My first review in over a month. Go me >< Imma be a bit rusty.

I like the time jump between the last chapter and this one. You left us with a cliffhanger of sorts with her meeting Hayden again. You didn't go into such detail though and give us the entire conversation they had. I think that's a good choice. Would it have been nice to hear their conversation? Probably. Is it imperative to the story as a whole? Probably not. All it would've done was slow down the pace and take a break from the story so far. Right now, I feel like the main story here is focused around the band and all the relationships with the characters. Obviously there's also the story of Liv and Hayden, but that doesn't come into play until the very end, really. So keeping the focus on the band and keeping it away from Hayden for the moment is quite effective.

“Ha. Ha ha.” Audrey barked out a laugh.

I'm not a big fan of writing out a laugh. What's the point of writing out 'ha ha ha' when you're just going to say that it's a laugh? Use one or the other. Preferably the part that says that she laughed :3

This is a small technical thing, but I felt like pointing it out. Why not move the scowl up to Liv's dialogue instead of leaving it just before Audrey's dialogue? It seems a bit out of place there, like the scowl was an after thought, when really it's because of the comment about telling Eugene about Hayden. And really, the scowl has nothing to do with Audrey's dialogue.

Overall this is a good chapter. I enjoyed the conversation between Liv and her friends. The tough thing about a novella (which I'm assuming this is unless it's a super long short story :3) is that you don't have that much time to "waste" focusing on character development and all that. So you get to slip in little scenes like this in order to help us learn more about them. It works very well.

It's interesting that this is the first time that we're hearing about what happens on the way to a gig, especially because the characters are so involved in this band. It seems a bit out of place here, like we should've known this information already. There hasn't really been a time before this where you could've mentioned it, but i feel like it's information for earlier in the story. Just something to think about.

I totally already know what Eugene is talking about because I read ahead hehe. But, when I first read this I was totally shocked. I knew that Eugene was hiding something from Liv, but I had no idea that it would be something about the band. Boy was that a bomb.

**Noelle**

StellaThomas wrote a review...

Hey Sarah!

Aaaaah, the penultimate part! (I know Part 8 is two parts but shush.) Okay. So I love the detail about the girls all getting together to get ready it seems so natural and normal to me. And I like Audrey, I like how she's a bit snarky and a bit mean, because every friend group has one (I am fairly sure it is me in my friend group... oops). I was a little confused about the whole thing with the car and Theo's parents - why was it a tradition? Also, what's his mum like? Is she cool? Is she friends with Liv's parents and is she going to spend the night sitting at the bar gossiping with them?

Mainly though, I want to know what happens in the intervening time. Has Eugene been texting her? What has he been saying? Has Hayden been texting her? What has he been saying? We all know texting is more important to us than we'd let on. Regarding Eugene, I just want to know if he's been in touch, if he's still giving Liv the cold shoulder. Then when they all clamber into the car, I feel like he's neglected a bit in favour of Theo. I like Theo too, but right now Eugene is more important to the story and I feel like he needs the attention more.

As for Hayden, "See you soon" rings oddly flirty to me. Have they been flirting? Or was this the first text?

Again, more description wouldn't go amiss.

But AGH that cliffhanger! I can't wait - so glad I don't have to! ;)

Hope I helped, drop me a note if you need anything!

-Stella x

TriSARAHtops says...

Thank you again! The gap between part 6 and 7 is definitely something I want to fill in a bit... it's the longest passing of time between any of the two parts, and there's a bit that could be added, or at least expanded.

Demeter wrote a review...

Okay, Sarah!

I liked this like two days ago but didn't have time to submit a review until now! Also can I just say that I'm super excited I didn't have to wait ages for the final parts xD

So, Audrey has finally appeared! I’m still intrigued about her - she doesn’t seem particularly extreme, which I was kind of expecting since we hadn’t seen her before?

I kind of love the awkwardness between Liv, Eugene, and Hayden. It’s like Liv feels guilty for liking Hayden even though technically she shouldn’t but she does anyway because that’s how it works and she’s so close to Eugene and they had that moment? I don’t know if she even feels guilty, but there’s definitely some mixed feelings there.

Tahlia, Audrey and I usually tried to meet at the one place so that it wasn’t a completely abhorrent waste of petrol.

This seems like a strange thing for a kid to be concerned about, although Liv is so decent that she probably would be. But maybe not the others? Unless Theo’s parents have specifically said this.

I like the description about Theo’s carefree smile hiding the face that he really really cares about the band. I thought that was lovely.

Ahhh the suspense. What is up with Eugene?!?! When will they kiss?!!?

Demeter
x

TriSARAHtops says...

Thanks for the review! Yeah... it bugs me too that I wasn't able to write Audrey in before (this format is horrendous, and since I didn't really know where the story was going aside from the fact that she'd end up kissing Hayden, there's so many characters that aren't explored enough), but as the story currently is, I couldn't fit her in. :/

artemis15sc wrote a review...

I can't believe there;s only one more part. I want to keep reading. Make sure you keep in the loop on your expansion plans. xD

On that, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get more of her's and Hayden's conversation in the shop. I understand why you skipped it, but I still feel like there's a lot of potential tension and conflict that could arise from their conversation, especially if we can compare that interaction with her and Eugene's conversation. I'm not sure exactly what you're planning to add in later versions, but I'm letting you know that I personally would like to see this scene.

I do have a few little nitpicks for you. Once again I was far too impressed with the pacing and characterization too notice anything major. I'm trying really hard to give you good feedback, but it's hard because I really just want to sick back and enjoy reading the story.

“Well, I know part of it, but I don’t quite feel right blabbing about that.”
This part of her dialogue felt a little weird to me. I had a hard time imagining someone saying this. Once before I mentioned writing the subtext. This is an example of subtext. If she's not going to tell Theo what the reason is, would she bring it up at all? She could answer his question by merely stating he's hiding from her, and then her inner dialogue can tell us that she didn't want spill Eugene's expulsion secret to Theo.

“Not your fault, Liv. It’s just,” Theo said with a sigh, “this is the last time we’ll all be performing together.
Last time I mentioned the replacing said adjectives with said, this time I'm going to suggest replacing the word said with an action tag. for example, change "Theo said with a sigh," to, "Theo sighed." it helps you get rid of needless words. There are afew other places where you might consider doing this.

I quoted this whole paragraph because I felt it got a little info-dumpy. Info-dumps are sometimes necessary, but here I felt like it slowed down the story a little too much. Any way you could condense it? Or even changing this to more of description of what Theo is doing and what his voice sounds like, that way we can see how important it is to him without Liv having to give us this back story.

Another thing I've loved about this story is how you've weaved in your subplots. We think this is just going to be a story about some guy named Hayden Beaufort, but you've managed to make the problems and lives of your other characters just as important and intense. I'm now super curious as to what is happening with Eugene, just as much about how this whole kiss thing is going to happen. I love it.

Thanks so much for sharing!

-Art

TriSARAHtops says...

Thank you for the review! I'll definitely keep you in the look when I work on rewriting/expanding. Not sure whether I'll be posting on YWS, but I'll decide on that when the time comes. :)

The conversation with Hayden is definitely something I want to explore, so it almost certainly will be part of the next draft. The reason it isn't here is simply because the eight part format wouldn't let it - there wasn't space. ^_^

Dracula wrote a review...

Hello and Happy Review Day! This will be a short review, sorry! I'm actually extremely hungry and should go have breakfast, but I want to keep helping my team. Anyway, I should stop wasting time and get onto this review. :)

So I'm guessing that this is the seventh in a collection of eight short stories which describe why a girl kissed a guy called Hayden Beaufort? Yes? Okay. Well that's good because this works fine by itself, what I'm saying is this seventh short story could be a story all on its lonesome. You don't introduce characters over and over, but you have them talk in a way which gives the reader a look into their lives. Good job.

t was freaky how those three ordinary, mundane words were having such an effect on me, but for just a few seconds a let myself feel the quiet thrill of anticipation that they inspired.
...but for just a few second a let myself? It should be I.

I slumped in my chair, part of me wishing I could fade into the faux-leather upholstery.
I just wanted to say that this is an A+ description.

I only found one small nitpick, which I noted above. It finished the story in a suspenseful way, it was enough to leave me shocked and wondering what's happening. It was enjoyable to read and I hope you continue writing! Now to get me food... :D

TriSARAHtops says...

Thank you! Gah, feel a bit silly about that typo. *fixes it*
Hope you have a good breakfast! :D

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:58 am

WHAT.

WHAT.

WHAT.

I feel like this is exactly the same way I reacted to the last or a very recent chapter of this but I still just WHAT

Although, I have to say: Even though I loathe where you've left off today (darn you!), I'm really glad THAT'S what's getting Eugene's goat instead of some horrible, jealousy-fueled love triangle. I mean, I could still see it going that way, what with all his comments on her "new boyfriend"--although I could also see that just being a best friend's being a bit hurt that a) she hadn't told him about this boy first and b) she's all supposedly happy/crushy and in love while he's hurting--but I like that this isn't where you went here.

Plus, that probably made this even more of a plot twist-type thing than it would've been, because we (well, I) thought it was going one way, and then that's not what it was at all.

I'm afraid that's all the commentary I have for you today. If you wanted, I could get into nitpicky things, but even that would be a short review, and anyway, that sort of thing is better left for later drafts.

So in parting, I will only say: WRITE THE REST OF IT, WOMAN.

I cannot see how this will end in just one more part when Eugene just dropped this huge bombshell on us!

~Blue

TriSARAHtops says...

Thank you! To be honest, Eugene was supposed to 'fess up in this part, (or at least that was the plan) but that didn't quite happen. I'll see how part 8 goes, but there's the distinct possibility I might have to have an epilogue. *_*
By the way, this has double posted (not that I don't enjoy double the love :) )
I always love reading your reviews, and thank you so much for this one. :D

BluesClues says...

You're welcome! And so I see. It's probably because the site was giving me issues earlier. I'll delete that first one.

BluesClues says...

Oh, and I have just realized it was Deanie's last chapter of Broken Pencils Are Pointless where I left my last "WHAT?" review. What are you people doing to me with these plot twists? I can't handle it!

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held