z

Young Writers Society



Before whenever

by TriSARAHtops



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 1014
Reviews: 12

Donate
Sun May 27, 2018 4:09 am
View Likes
kratos17 wrote a review...



I feel the emotion wrecking through this person. Like it seems that it is so painful, but she/he seems to be ok. That just makes me happy when she/he is like don't make big promises just give me what youcan which happens to be just tonight. I love the fact that the character is actually very realistic and not just like promise me everything, even though I know it probably would not work out and I am going to probably be emotionally damaged. The character doesn't have high expectations and that just makes my brain want to dig more information than is actually there dear god, Am I turning into an English teacher? (I'm just kidding that is totally an English teacher thing to do though). Grammatically I think your poem is good, but most poems do not have the one sentence stanzas, but I also feel like it just adds to the drama and emotion behind the poem. And then I look back and read like twice more I just realized in your third stanza it's not parallel be cause the fourth line you have a capital letter, so I would make that a different stanza or I think add a period before-hand or just do not you do you boo. Your poem was amazing and just keep up the amazing work.




TriSARAHtops says...


Sorry it's taken me a while to reply to this, but thanks for the review!



User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 2960
Reviews: 32

Donate
Fri May 04, 2018 3:30 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...



Ooh I really like this. Very nice.




TriSARAHtops says...


Thank you! :)



User avatar
382 Reviews


Points: 15691
Reviews: 382

Donate
Wed May 02, 2018 6:14 pm
View Likes
Dreamy says...



I'm going to be that person to say that this reminds me so much of Before Sunset trilogy. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation really. And I also wanted to point out that, the transition from

and let the night stretch out before us


to

then suddenly
it ends


just falls short? I'm questioning my feeling about the end myself with a question mark because I also get the feeling that the immediate shortness of the lines is your way of visibly conveying the message of the "suddenness"...

I'm going to mark this as a comment, I know this is not helping anyone. This reads more like a rambling of a very confused reader, haha.

Keep writing!
Cheers!




TriSARAHtops says...


Hey, thanks for commenting!
Before Sunrise was one of the inspirations (idk if that's the right word?) for the poem and the original version of this actually referenced the film a lot more explicitly. So I'm actually happy you made that connection because that's what I was going for. ^-^

Yeah, I was trying to convey a sense of suddenness in the bit you highlighted but I think it does need a little work, it sort of sits somewhere between weird transition and not being abrupt enough. Thanks for pointing it out though, because it reconfirms that it's a bit I need to look over.

Thanks again!



User avatar
36 Reviews


Points: 306
Reviews: 36

Donate
Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm
View Likes
fishsashimi wrote a review...



Hey Onii-Chan here!

I see you wrote a love poem :3 cute!
I feel like this poem would be something out of a love song, which is great, yet it just doesn’t feel as poetic as it should be. I love the story it tells, though. Normally rhymes come in repeated patterns, but on this it feels like the rhymes are all over the place. Another thing (omigosh sorry) is that the spacing in between feels weird, but it’s kinda cool. Good job on this poem, keep on improving!

Keep on writing!




TriSARAHtops says...


Hi OniiChan, thanks for taking the time to review!
This poem is in free verse, so there is deliberately no rhyming pattern (or rhyming at all, in this case, unless I unintentionally rhymed at some point :P ).

Would you be able to explain a little more about what you mean by the spacing feeling weird? Do you mean how the stanzas are split up?

Thanks again for commenting, and there's no need to apologise for providing critiques as long as you're trying to be constructive, which you were! :)




One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah