z

Young Writers Society



I Feel So...

by Skydreamer


A/N this is a short jazzy song, in which when sung on a stage parts are extended and some of the structure could be rearranged. I also made a recording of me singing this one too! http://clyp.it/aoocs4g3vEnjoy!


When you walk into the room,
I know all eyes go to you, but I wait for yours to find mine.

And you wrap your arms around me,
and sway-y-y-y.

All I can say is,

I feel so happy right here right now.
I feel so happy, in your arms.
I feel so happy whenever you’re around.
I feel so happy right here right now.

Oh please hold me,
and never let me go.
And every-time you smile,
oh honey, yeah you know.

I feel so happy right here right now.
I feel so happy, in your arms.
I feel so happy as you spin me around.

Ohh, I’ve been low but you pick me
up, and, I’ve been so alone,
but you make me feel loved.
Ohh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...

I feel so happy right here right now,
I feel so happy, in your arms.
I feel so happy, you make me smile.
I feel so happy,

Oh wrap your arms around me and sway,
honey I will dance with you ever-r-y-day.

Cause I feel so happy right now,
I feel so happy whether you smile or frown,
I feel so happy, in your arms.
I feel so happy when you’re near me.
Darling. I feel so happy right now.

I feel so, so, happy.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 249
Reviews: 27

Donate
Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:26 pm
JinxGrey says...



I love this set lyrics.You described a moment intoxicated by love.It had a jazzy,upbeat rhythm to it.It had a perfect flow that made it easy to read.I really enjoyed this set of lyrics.I didn't see many mistakes in it.This could be pretty song to dance to.You did a great job.Good luck!!




User avatar
75 Reviews


Points: 235
Reviews: 75

Donate
Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:45 am
summerlovee wrote a review...



WOW. Okay let me just say that I was really not expecting a recording to go along with any lyric piece but I am so glad that you did it because holy jeebus, you can sing. I loved your voice, the lyrics and the vibe of this whole song. I was listening to The Platters just before I reviewed your work and so I experienced a similar vibe from you, although your song was seemed more modern. :p Overall, you have an amazing and I really love this song. Thank you for sharing it. :)




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 932
Reviews: 13

Donate
Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 am
CheshireCat13 wrote a review...



I'm just going to make a quick review, short and sweet. These lyrics are amazing!!! When I write songs, I don't always focus on the rhyme, but the flow of each verse. With that in mind, I loved that you didn't make everything rhyme!! Honestly, I kind of strongly dislike it when people say "Oh, well that doesn't rhyme, it should rhyme" because music, songs, aren't about rhyming, they're about feelings and emotions which I feel after reading this song. Back onto the rhyming, sorry for being everywhere, I loved that you made some things rhyme, where you felt they needed to or worked best, it worked. You definitely pulled that off! Write more songs!!!




User avatar
75 Reviews


Points: 2803
Reviews: 75

Donate
Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:59 am
View Likes
Hassanfs wrote a review...



Helloo.
Hassan here with a review.

Hehe. That rhymes.
Well kinda.. .-.

Anyways I'll get started on this before I start talking to myself again. :D


WOW.
You have an amazing voice.
I listened to your song while reading the lyrics.
AND I LOVED IT.
I feel so happy right now :P
hehehe

The lyrics are very well written, and the rhymes, where they need to be, are appropriate.
I loved the flow throughout this and the your voice on "sway-y-y-y " was amazing.

My favourite lines were :

"
Ohh, I’ve been low but you pick me
up, and, I’ve been so alone,
but you make me feel loved. "

Great job. Loved it :D




User avatar
84 Reviews


Points: 3836
Reviews: 84

Donate
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:49 am
View Likes
deleted3 wrote a review...



Hey Sky!

I don't often review songs - ahem - I've never reviewed a song actually, but I'll give it a whirl!

Firstly, you've got a beautiful voice, definitely feeling the jazz vibe. It's a very gentle and chilled song, which makes me feel... happy :-) Not in the same way that Pharrell's "Happy" makes me feel, which is a high, excited type of joy, but your song rather makes me feel mellow, like something I would listen to swinging on a hammock. Your vocal range is very good, although at some points it sounds like you might just lose control of the note, but you maintain it. I may have gotten this impression from the low quality of the recording device you were using, I'm not sure. But speaking of the recording quality, it's not necessarily a bad thing, because it makes me feel like it's old school jazz playing from old technology, like vinyl, and it works - if that was your intention.

I was really impressed that you wrote these lyrics yourself, because the words have that surety that published songs have. You expressed the feelings experienced when in love with someone which everyone can either relate to, or know that they want to experience it one day. It's a beautiful love song, and I encourage you to keep nurturing that side of your creativity!

Well done!





In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien