A marriage.

by RandomLady33

I am a woman in love with death.

Death offers me roses,

Whispers reassurance on the dark days,

Death always believed in me.

See death has never made me question if I'm doing the right thing,

If everything was just pointless,

If I truly am letting everyone down.

Now I, am not stupid,

I know that death has an image problem,

but that is because you have it wrong!

Life is the one that hurts me.

Life is the one that tells me I am not enough.

He cuts me and hits me, and makes me wish I was with death.

When I'm with life, I dream of death.

I am a woman in love with death.

And tonight, we'll marry.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:55 pm
keeperofgaming wrote a review...

Death is something that many seek, but it strikes fast and cruelly. Unexpectedly.

This poem addresses the issue of death at will. It gives a pained expression that many see, but don't understand.

The cause of this worldview is a dark one. The lack of faith in life.
Life is a cruel beast, hunting and hurting, merciless and unforgiving, but once you tame it, it is a powerful ally, giving you wealth and power.

All people go through the pain. The only difference is how you handle it.

There are two types of people. This poem shows one clearly. Those who die.
And the other...

Those who live.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:27 am
Logan15 wrote a review...

(Whoops... I accidentally clicked the submit button before I typed anything...) Continuing on...
You really put a lot of effort into this! And none of that effort was anywhere near wasted! I really love it- especially the personification and symbolism. It's conveyed so well in the short, digestible poem. I read it so many times, and it never got old!
I love that the poem starts out with a kind of happy opening line of "I'm in love with death." Just alone, the line could be interpreted in so many different ways, but the poem develops this idea so well! I really hope you didn't have to (and will never have to) go through something like this; no one deserves to.
I love this poem!

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence