Quiet

by Natasha

[Verse 1]
I close my eyes just to hear you breathing
One step closer, just to feel your warmth
Hearing rumours that I don't believe in
Starring you and the girl you want

I know I told you being quiet is fine
Keeping feelings and your friends apart
But yesterday you sort of crossed a line
By kissing her I think you broke my heart

[Chorus 1]
You don't have to act like someone you will never be
You don't have to whisper words that you will never mean
But if you ever see me standing lonely in the cold
Just be my hand to hold

[Verse 2]
When I walk with you, I feel like I'm a reader
A mystery has never seemed so fun
But then you turn around and you see her
Suddenly she's the only one

I know I told you I don't mind
If you love her like you say you do
But a friend like you is hard to find
It's like I'm in the past to you

[Chorus 2]
And you don't have to whisper words that you will never mean
Just be my hand to hold

[Bridge]
You don't have to act like some old love I never had
You can just be yourself, 'cause you ain't too bad
And if you ever find me, but you leave me in the rain
I'll love you just the same

(For the music, click https://www.facebook.com/natashaswartmusic )

IceWinifredd wrote a review...

Hello there Natasha!

So let's just get down to it. Honestly, I can't offer you any constructive critique on this because I didn't find anything wrong with this write at all. But I will say this. I think this is a very cool song and I'm glad that you made it about a personal experience. Although, it might have happened differently to you, I can relate to this kind of thing and it is a very frustrating predicament to be in. I will be visiting your facebook page to hear the music. I'm really curious as to how the musical composition came out. Nice work here and have a very nice afternoon. -IceWinifredd

P.S. I wish you good luck in your music and any other activities that you are or will endevour in.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:25 am
TheSilentBagpipe wrote a review...

Hello there Natasha! The Silent Bagpipe here to review some of your work! First off let me just warn you that I am not a very good reviewer, my mind doesn't seem to pick out those itty bitty details that need fixing. Plus, I am just getting back into the mode of reviewing after my long break of reviewing nothing, so I may be a bit rusty.

Your song was amazing, let me just say. You expressed yourself very well, and from the eyes of someone who is the "third wheel" I am sure everybody can relate to this poem in one way or another. Being able to see a part of you, or a part of someone else who is close to you, in a song is one of the things that makes everyone love them. Lyrics mean the world to people. It is said that people often will listen to songs when they feel strongly related to the lyrics.

When I first read your song, it reminded me of Taylor Swift's song "Tear Drops on my Guitar" . I myself, am not a big fan of Taylor. I like some of her older music though.

My personal favorite line of yours was these ones-
"When I walk with you, I feel like I'm a reader
A mystery has never seemed so fun
Suddenly she's the only one"

I found it very creative, I liked the way you described it. I can also relate to this part of the song. Good job with your work! It was very well done!

~The Silent Bagpipe ....a.k.a. Selina ;)

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:20 am
Lael wrote a review...

Hi! This song makes a pretty nice story.

The only thing I can see that might need more clarification is the parts where you talk about your friend. I don't exactly understand what it means when you say "You can just be yourself." What is he doing so that he seems like another person? Maybe you could tweak the lines a bit near the beginning to make it more clear.

Good luck with your situation. Keep up the good work!

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus