z

Young Writers Society


12+

Talk to me

by Natasha


[Verse 1]
Looking down to see the footprints of another life
Looking up to see the traces of a rainy sky
I know that you never wanted me to be afraid
But I remember wishing I could take away the pain

[Chorus]
Talk to me now, are you leaving me behind?
Talk to me now, are you giving up the fight?
Can you hear me, I’m lost and I am scared
Give me a sign of life, just show me you are there
Just show me you are there

[Verse 2]
Looking back at things you had I hear the rumors grow
Overthinking everything but how were we to know?
That you’d give up everything you had to end your war
Isolating everyone and locking every door

[Chorus 2]
Talk to me now, are you leaving us behind?
Talk to me now, have you given up the fight?
Can you hear me? I’m lost and I am scared
Give me a sign of life, just show me you are there

[bridge]
Just show me you are there
Just show me you are there
Ooh, ooh

[Verse 3]
Have you heard our every word, we’re trying to pass them through
Have you seen the memories, the letters written for you?
Even though it hurts enough for everyone to grieve
I hope you’re happy where you are and someday, we all might, believe.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 60

Donate
Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:15 pm
Vex15 wrote a review...



"Talk to me" was a beautifully sculpted piece that exhibits brilliance, sorrow, loss, pain, dealing with it, incredulousness, and wonder. I know we've never even chatted before, and I don't know your friend, but I am so, so sorry that happened. As young as almost 14, I don't know anyone who's passed away nor do I want to. Writing does help when dealing with this kind of depression. I wish there were lyrics... I kind of sung it in my head, like I could already feel a rhythm and beat though it was verses, choruses, and a bridge.

This is an amazing song, full of things people do experience. Again, I am so sorry your inspiration had to come from something so upsetting. If you ever need to talk about it, there are tons of people on here who're kind, caring, and would listen to you and not judge. Many lines had an effect on me, and I still can't get the words out of my mind. They are these ones:

"Talk to me now, are you leaving me behind"

"Give me a sign of life, just show me you are there"

"That you'd give up everything you had to end your war,
Isolating everyone and locking every door"

"Have you seen the memories, the letters written for you?"

"I hope you're happy where you are and someday, we all might, believe"

There is such a sense of emotion showed in here it's almost overwhelming, but also breath-taking because even just one thing could affect multiple people. I hope your friend is alright. I mean no offense at all, but if she was a Christian, she will be in God's hands. (Honestly, I don't want to force religion, but that's what my family and I believe in).

I hope you are personally alright, though sometimes the pain never goes away. But if you ever need help/want to talk, please reach out. I am on here the most I can be. Thank you so much for sharing this- it made me realize things and understand others. Have a good day!

~ Cat




User avatar
111 Reviews


Points: 1731
Reviews: 111

Donate
Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:10 am
TheSilentBagpipe wrote a review...



Hey there Natasha! The Silent Bagpipe here to review some of your work.

Let me just say first of all that this song was beautiful. The emotion was overflowing from your words, giving the song life and meaning. You writing this for your friend was very beautiful and made my heart melt. I haven't experienced a close friend dying, so I wouldn't know what the pain you must have been feeling was like, but I have had my fair share of hardships and I agree with you, writing about them helps to heal the wound. This song was soo beautifully written I wish it was actually a song already so I could download it onto my computer and listen to it. Lyrics are what makes the song, and you have amazing ones. Hope you can write the music to it as well, that would be cool!

The part in your song that kinda hit home for me in a way was this one -
"Can you hear me? I’m lost and I am scared
Give me a sign of life, just show me you are there"

Thank you for sharing your lyrics on here, it really hit me in a way that you cannot imagine.

Tag me if you post any more lyrics <3

~Selina




User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 4392
Reviews: 65

Donate
Thu May 28, 2015 4:16 pm
EccentricRose wrote a review...



Dear Natasha,

This is a sad song and even sadder that it was written about something that truly happened to you. I am so sorry to hear this.

The sincere emotion in this song is very powerful; it came straight from the heart I can tell. It flowed very nicely as well, and I had fun imagining music in my head to go with the lyrics.

The words that hit me the most:

"That you’d give up everything you had to end your war
Isolating everyone and locking every door"

Very good rhyme!

Anyway, I apologize for not being more helpful. All I can say is that I loved it. Keep up the good work!

~Rose




User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 194
Reviews: 35

Donate
Tue May 12, 2015 1:13 pm
SilloriaD wrote a review...



I have goosebumps. If you want the emotional review, let me collect myself... Okay, I think I'm alright. I want to begin by saying I'm sorry for your loss last October. I have not been in that position before, but I imagine words cannot explain how hard that was for you.

Alright, moving on. Emotionally, this hits the nail on the head. It has a good rhythm to it, a consistent feeling, no confusing parts. It's all very cut and clear, and I can appreciate that. I'd like to see what kind of rhythm or music you would imagine for this, but I have an idea of my own for it. Great job!




User avatar
99 Reviews


Points: 78
Reviews: 99

Donate
Tue May 12, 2015 10:57 am
Snoops wrote a review...



This is beautiful! i cant critic anything and im getring goosebumps. This was amazing. I loved it and i was attentive all the time. I might of missed something, but i didn't see any grammar errors. You could see the song was straight out of the heart and i was so inspired. Im sorry about ur friend. It was sad that ur inspiratipn had to come from such a terrible thing. Sorry for the typos,writing this on my phone.





The author of my life has some ambitious ideas for me to become a super villain
— FireEyes