Setting

by Liminality

The sun turns red at the end of a novel

where it wasn't red before,

as if all the universe

out of stress, out of fear,

is at once thinking of the collapse

of that great yellow star,

the return into darkness,

billions and billions of years into the future,

two or three chapters before the end.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 am
Bhaavya Singh wrote a review...

Hey, I love to read books and I thank you for writing this poem. The title was so catchy and attractive, which invited me to read it. The poem is written with amazing perfection, with not even a single mistake. The way you compared the end of a novel with the setting sun was brilliant. As I read it beautiful picture was painted in my head.

The poem is really adorable and absolutely perfect. I loved to read it. I really look forward for more such impressive work. Have a nice day.

Liminality says...

Thanks so much for the review!

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 pm
salia4 wrote a review...

Okay, I just love this, it's applicable to almost every story and can even be applied to real life. It was just so perfect and honestly thought provoking, which is a surefire way to know you did an excellent job. Normally I would like shorter lines in a free verse poem, but it works here, I wouldn't change a thing.

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to see your future writing!

Liminality says...

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Hello, FlamingPhoenix here with a few things to say about your poem, and to help get it out the green room.

Okay let' start.
So I couldn't find a single thing wrong with this poem, it was written to perfection. From the short interesting title that made me come and read your work in the first place, to the wonderful words you wrote down in the paper. And with that I most say the words you chose were really good, they were filled with touching emotion, that I love in a poem. And They told a really good story, and I loved the picture that was painted in my head, I really liked that.
This poem may have been short, but I think it is best that way, short and sweet, perfect! ;)

Over all this was really well done and I loved everything about it. Your punctuation was in the right place, giving it the best flow, and making it a good read for your reader. Just amazing, and I'm really glad I got to be one of the people to read and review your work, so don't ever stop writing, and post again on YWS! Have a great day or night, ether one.

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix.
Reviewing with a fiery passion!

Liminality says...

Thank you for the kind words!

Your welcome!

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson