z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

"The Ones Crafted by You"

by pendr


Lord, the people I love,

The people who love what I love,

The people I can be myself around,

Those are the ones who bring me joy.

.

The antique collectors,

The book readers,

The happiness sharers,

The beauty beholders.

.

The modern and the ancient,

The creative and the simple,

The honest and the hesitant,

The fantastical and the historical.

.

The ones who aren’t ashamed

Of You or themselves.

Who read with honor,

And share with excitement.

.

The ones who welcomed me,

The ones who showed me You,

Father, through their lives.

The ones Your light shown through.

.

The ones crafted by You,

God, the Almighty,

And saved by you,

Jesus the Redeemer.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
377 Reviews


Points: 119
Reviews: 377

Donate
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:32 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...



Great Poem! I loved it!!:) Especially this part-
"The ones who welcomed me,
The ones who showed me You,
Father, through their lives.
The ones Your light shown through."
You are very expressive in your writings....I LOVE IT!! Keep Writing! :)
-SnazzyPencil




pendr says...


Thank you so very much!



User avatar
169 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 169

Donate
Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:59 pm
View Likes
theironnovelist wrote a review...



pendr! I didn't know you posted this work here!
I feel when you sent this to me privately I didn't take the time to explain how much I love and appreciate this poem.
It's so...personal. One simply can't read this and not evaluate their own life, the people they see when they read this.
Family, friends, people who have made a huge impact.
Knowing you as a best friend, this poem completely reflects you, and that's what writing is about. Reaching others by exposing yourself in a creative way. And you've done that perfectly!
Whether you consider this a prayer, a poem, a chant, it's all of the above. It shows your faith, your personality, your love, your standards, your values- while making the audience think about theirs.

I can't find faults when I read this, and I've read it multiple times. I keep forgetting to look for "errors".
Psh. Grammar and conventions. As much of a grammar Nazi as I am, it's all about content. Writing is not grammar and punctuation, capitalization, or any of that crap.

Thank you for writing this. :) you know I love it.

your friend,
~iron.n




pendr says...


Aww. Thank you iron.n :D. means a lot to meh





no prob gurl X)



User avatar
240 Reviews


Points: 279
Reviews: 240

Donate
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:31 pm
AdmiralKat wrote a review...



Hello! Katya here for another review! Happy Review Week! Let's see what we have here.

When I read this, I immediately thought that you needed to separate this poem into stanzas. You can do so by adding periods between stanzas or you can go through this complex process to not get those dots but still have the spaces. XD I personally am too lazy to do the complex process. Also when I saw the title, I thought Minecraft and if you know what that is or even play it, you might laugh along with my stupidity. The title at the beginning of the story was not necessary(you have two of them) so you can edit is so it's not there.

I love the repetition that you displayed here by starting many sentences with the. It really expresses a great effect. Also the theme is quite amazing. I really loved how you really value everyone for the thing that is on the inside. I have a classmate that no one really likes for some reason because they don't look that amazing(in my opinion they are nice looking), you could even go to say, tacky. XD He has an amazing personality and that's really what counts! You displayed your message very nicely and that's always good to do! XD Sometimes(and this is still bad) I judge people by how they look, for example if they are really pretty that means they may be preppy or mean but I try to be nice no matter how they treat me! Thank you for making this poem. *likes* Overall, great job! Have a nice Review Week! Keep calm and keep writing!




pendr says...


thank you so much! i love minecraft, and i definitely laughed along with you XD. thank you very much for the stanza tip. i tried to put spaces, but they disappeared. thank you for the appreciation for my poem. i, too, judge by outer appearances at first. i think everyone does. but personality is what matters. thank you for your like!



User avatar
57 Reviews


Points: 7986
Reviews: 57

Donate
Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:30 pm
View Likes
Soulfulwriter wrote a review...



It seems like you really value people who can be themselves and not someone that they are not. Or you love that people have all kind of thoughts and people that are different from everyone else. Lord, has made us different from all the other people in the world, because who would want to talk to someone the same as you are? Pretty boring right. I really do like the creativeness with the poem and how it speaks about everyone and how they are and what they like to do. I mean if I am wrong please let me know.




pendr says...


You got it pretty right. I would say the people I wrote about are pretty different from most, but I admire them and want to be like them, and I have some similarities with them. Otherwise what you said is close to what they're like. Thank you so much!




Ghosts, demons, and ghouls cannot scare the cat's underling.
— TheMulticoloredCyr