A Spider's Place

by Kaia

A fresh white petal.

A small silver kettle.

A web of lace.

Clue to where the spider went.

AmayaStatham wrote a review...

Hi @KaiaJersaga

I'm here to leave you a review.

I have to say that your poem "A Spider's Place" is absolutely fantastic. From the title to the last line, you've created a beautiful, vivid picture of a spider's world. So let's go through the poem line by line.

"A fresh white petal"

This line is a great opening, creating a peaceful image in the reader's mind. It's as if we're in a garden, surrounded by beauty and nature. The word 'fresh' makes it feel new and exciting. It makes the reader wants to read on, that's nice.

"A small silver kettle"

At first I was confused by this line. But then I realised you're talking about the spider's web! The word 'kettle' is a creative and unexpected choice and makes the web sound cosy and homely. It's like the spider has his own little place in the world. Good job over there, Kaia!

"A web of lace"

This line is amazing! You've perfectly captured the intricate and delicate nature of a spider's web. The word 'lace' is very point. It's as if the spider is creating its own masterpiece.

"Clue to where the spider went"

This is so clever. It implies movement and action, as if the spider wasn't just sitting in its web. It's as if the spider has left a little breadcrumb trail for us to follow, adding a sense of intrigue and mystery to the poem.

Overall, your poem is stunning. The title is perfect - it's short and catchy, drawing the reader in. And each line is unique and beautiful, painting a vivid picture of the spider's world. Keep up the good work, Kaia!

I look forward to reading more of your work in the future!

- Rinisha

Kaia says...

Greetings, Rinisha!

Thanks for the review! I love how everyone comes up with a slightly different interpretation of the same words, but every one of them is so heartfelt.

I didn't quite intend the word "kettle" to be taken that way, but WOW that does actually work!! It's even silver! (Crazy, I'm the writer, and YOU'RE the one pointing this out to me!)

Thanks so much for your review. I'm thinking about writing a second poem soon based on how many poetry fans I already have... ;) We'll see how that goes...

Happy writing,
Kaia

AmayaStatham says...

Hi @KaiaJersaga

You're welcome and I'm already excited for your next poem.

Kaia says...

:)

A lot of people are scared of spiders but this seems cute. I imagine a crowd of little black spiders crawling, in small, dainty flowers. This also made me think of Melanie Martinez’s song ”Spider Web” (probably because this poem is about a spider).My favorite line is the part where the spider crawls into the flower. That part just seems so fun and magical. I enjoyed this poem.

I wish you a beautiful day/night.

Kaia says...

Thank you so much for your review. For my first time EVER sharing my writing on such an active platform, getting reviews this fast is amazing. I'm so glad you liked the poem. I have never heard of that song, but will have to check it out. :)

tautik1234 says...

Short, sweet and mysterious poem. But it's too short though. There's hardly one verse in here. It is totally based on the clues to the hideout of the spider. It would be much more interesting if added a few more lines and a little much mystery in it.

Kaia says...

Thank you for your review! I think (I can't remember exactly. I wrote this poem a WHILE ago) that I was trying to go for a short poem style with a little mystery. I was just having fun with it. But if I do another poem, I will consider making it longer. ;) Thanks again for the review!

tautik1234 says...

Sure, gonna wait for it %uD83D%uDE0C.

Kaia says...

:)

Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:03 pm
TheCornDogEnthusiast wrote a review...

"A fresh white petal" suggests a sense of newness and purity. The use of the word "fresh" implies that the petal has just been plucked or fallen recently, and the word "white" represents innocence or purity. It could be a reference to a flower, and the fact that it's just one petal could suggest that it's been separated from the rest of the flower, either intentionally or unintentionally.

The second line, "A small silver kettle," creates a contrasting image to the petal. The color silver suggests a metallic or artificial material, which contrasts with the natural and organic image of the petal. The word "small" gives the impression that the kettle is delicate or possibly even insignificant, compared to the petal. This could imply a sense of fragility or preciousness.

"A web of lace" is the third line, which introduces the idea of a delicate and intricate design. Lace is a fabric that is often associated with elegance, femininity, and fragility. The use of the word "web" could suggest a spider's web or some other intricate pattern that is woven or intertwined. This line further emphasizes the fragility and delicacy of the previous two lines.

The last line, "Clue to where the spider went," adds a layer of mystery to the previous lines. The mention of a spider suggests that the web of lace may indeed be a spider's web. This line could be interpreted as a hint or clue to the location of the spider, as though the speaker is on a hunt or a search. It could also imply a sense of danger or unease, as spiders are often associated with fear or discomfort.

Overall, the four lines together create a sense of delicacy, fragility, and mystery. The fresh white petal and small silver kettle are seemingly innocent and pure, while the web of lace and clue to the spider add a layer of complexity and intrigue.

Approved by the Corn Dog Enthusiast Association (CDEA)

Kaia says...

Thanks so much for the review! Wow, you got a lot out of this poem! And I was literally just doing it for the fun of it. I'm not actually much of a poet. I prefer to write dark mystery, but one of my biggest themes of course the fragility of life and the darkness of life in general. I guess I even get that across in my poetry, lol. Thanks so much for the comment!

-Kaia

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby