Shut Up Already!

by Gravity

A/N: This is a rant. 

Seriously. I've seen so many religious articles and anti religious and anti guy and anti whatever articles on YWS. I'm so completely sick of it. I wrote an essay about acceptance not being a lie. Now, I'm beginning to think that isn't realistic because if we don't get our heads in the game and start respecting each other no matter what sexual orientation, race, gender or religion a minority is, we really will be lost and cockroaches will take over the world because at least they're more unified than human beings.

What makes you think you have the right to judge another person? We all do bad things, one bad thing is just as bad as another bad thing. Lying equates to stealing which equates to not doing the chores your parents asked you which equates to every other bad thing on the Earth. Nobody is better or worse than anybody else on this planet. We are all in the same boat.

You are the same as I am. You either have brown hair, red hair, blonde hair, black hair or something in between unless you dye it. We all have either red, brown, blue, green, black or violet eyes or something in between. We all have hearts and brains and nerves and stomachs and breasts. Yes guys, you have them too. So man up and put your fellow members of mankind up instead of down. 

And if I hear one more person judge another for something completely stupid like gender, race, religion, appearance or whatever else I'm going to put my hands over my ears and yell "SHUT UP ALREADY!"

Inked wrote a review...

You can probably tell this better by making us feel what it is like to be on the other end. Use your words, but don't rant.
Rants aren't really a good form of writing.
you sound really angry but under your main point you don't have any good point supporting your argument.
to get people to shut up, you need to show them up. Show them why they are doing is wrong.
Yes, this is a review, you published, I read. Now I review.
if you want to get your point across you NEED evidence. It is essential. Nobody would have listened to Martin Luther king Jr if he didn't have evidence.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:16 pm
potatoduck says...

I'm glad that you're trying to bring up this issue and resolve things. :) but I feel like this piece has a hard time getting the message across in a composed manner. You could try backing up what you say more. Try to offer solutions and alternatives? Yelling and ranting may address the problem and your efforts are noble, but if it's all that's offered, change is something difficult to be made.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:59 pm
DrFeelGood says...

Lighten up! Ranting harms you more than anyone else.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:56 pm
WindSailor says...

This isn't a review, but just a quick comment. Judging someone's action or affiliation with someone or something is not a bad thing within itself. Questioning whether something is good or not good, right or wrong, is a good thing to do. Of course, I don't support people hating people based on anything to do with religion, race, or whatever. However, it seems you are upset that people are simply questioning religion as a whole. Religion is not special, it does't get to escape criticism. Critical evaluations of claims are good as long as they are not hateful, and I haven't seen anything on here that actually promotes the hate of anyone based on religious belief. Although, I have seen people make very inconsiderate comments and statements towards homosexuals,and that should be talked about, and I agree with you there. Articles and essays against an idea are not hate in it of themselves(although, they can be), they are critical evaluations, and if you don't like other people expressing their opinions, then sorry, but you need to learn to deal with it.

Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:12 pm
BookWolf says...

I totally agree, Gravity. I love your works and your opinions of freedom and acceptance. :)

Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:46 pm
Satira says...

your efforts are noble. but opinions are hard to turn.

shame, isn't it?

Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:19 pm
AdmiralKat says...

In this rant, the whole time I'm just thinking it's an anti-anti article! :D

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:07 pm
WritinginRome wrote a review...

For a rant you sound kinda angry, but you don't really back up what your saying. Whats a better way of expressing that hate? Its one thing telling someone not to judge, but how can they stop if it is so ingrained in their personality? How can they break out of it?
What would you recommend to people who are so quick to judge someone on something superficial? Is there any literature or media you would recommend them to view?

What examples do you have of people acting this way on this website? Bear in mind a lot of the members here are very young, and may just be spouting back out what their parents have told them.

In my opinion this kind of work is pointless, unless you are actually suggesting ways for people to change themselves. This piece did nothing except point out that physically we are all the same, which I'm sure everyone knew already

...That being said, I totally 100% agree with EVERYTHING you say here and thankyou for posting this.

You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus