The Rule Of The Alien Queen...

by Eros

Chapter 1: The "mass of something"!!

On the planet of Mars there was a small country of aliens called Loa Loa. The planet was more like the inner part of the melon. The redness of the planet spead a  scary atmosphere over  the country. The country was led by me, the Queen of Aliens. Loa Loa was shaped like a green eye. Loa Loa was the only area which was green in color.

The space was empty adorned with some celestial bodies. 

One clear night, I was roaming in my royal spaceship in the black empty space with my guards to check if there is anything in the space which could harm Loa Loa. The night was so clear that we could see the other hanging planets very clearly. Afterall, I had the responsibility of the safety of my country. 

Suddenly, Leo, the driver stopped my royal spaceship. My spaceship was different than the normal spaceship. Mine had an ancient royal designs on it with emeralds and 

"What happened, Leo?" I asked.

"Your Highness... there is a mass of something forming in this place." said Leo.

"What? Taurus, go and check what is it." I ordered Taurus, one of my guards. Taurus stepped out of the spaceship and went near the mass. 

"Yes, Your Highness... it is true there is something over there." 

"Hmm... I will take that into consideration. For now, drive the spaceship back to the Royal Palace." 

I reached the Palace. The big iron door opened and I entered.

I had my dinner and went into the bedroom, and slipped inside the soft cozy bed. I had a hard time sleeping. The thought of the "mass of something in the space" stole my good night's sleep.

In the morning, I woke up quite early. I told one of my servent-aliens, "Call Vibra in the Court today". The servent went.

The Courtiers stood up when I reached the Royal Court. I gestured for them to sit.

"Where is Vibra?" I asked in a loud voice.

"Your Highness! Forgive me for being late. Did you call me?" Vibra asked me.

"Yes. Vibra, you are a good researcher and experimentor. So, I thought you would be the best person to talk to. Yesterday, when I was taking a round in the space to check for the presence of anything which could harm the country of aliens, I found a mass of something. I want you to test the mass and see what it is and if it is harmful to us."

"Yes, Your Highness." said Vibra, "I'll check that and report just now." Vibra left the court.

"The court is dismissed. You may go." I announced as I stood up to leave.

"Long live the Queen! Long live the Queen!" the courtiers shouted.

Vibra went in his research spaceship. The research spaceship was designed in such a way that it contained a whole chemistry laboratory in it. All the test tubes, so many glass bottles filled with the liquids of all sort of colours--- dark pink, dull purple, bright green, rosy magenta, blood red and so on.

Vibra drove the spaceship to the spot he was told. He didn't need any space-suit, as he was an alien.

He squatted on his knees and gazed at the wobbly mass. It was translucent and very unstable. Vibra thought deeply as he was observing the mass with his eyebrows tightened into a frown.

Then he went into the spaceship and brought the chemicals and the other apparatuses. 

With the tongs he pulled out a little piece of the mass and placed it in a test tube. Then with a dropper, he carefully and softly poured the canary yellow liquid on the mass. The liquid immidiately turned wine red.

"Okay..." Vibra muttered. He had a habit of muttering when he carried out any test or experiment.

He then took out another piece of the mass and kept it in another test tube . In a test tube he put a transparent liquid and within a few seconds added another transparent liquid in it. In that he put some blue coloured crystals. With a glass rod he kept on stirring the mixture until all the crystals broke down into fine powder and got dissolved , imparting a dull blue colour to the liquid. With a dropper, he poured the mixture on the piece which he recently took in the test tube.  The dull blue colour of the liquid changed into a combination of bright green and dark mauve colour.

"Hmm... So, this is it." Vibra muttered again. He washed off the samples in the wash-basin fixed inside the spaceship. He then took a sample of the mass and took it to his laboartory which was built near his residence. The experiment he wanted to conduct required some space. 

He isolated the atoms from the mass with the super-nano-alien-technology and bombarded it on some white screen. Then he applied strong magnetic field and re-bombarded on it. After that he carried out the same experiment in the presence of strong electric field.

"Yes...yes..." he said abruptly in an unclear voice.

Then he put the sample in a test tube and put it on the gas burner. He observed thick, dense red coloured fumes after sometime.

"Done." he spoke to himself.

He drove his spaceship towards The Royal Palace and asked the guards to tell the Queen that he wanted to meet her.

A guard came rushing towards my rest room. He must have told my lady maid that Vibra wanted to meet me.

"Your Highness... The guard is saying that Vibra wants to meet you ." the lady maid told me.

"Ask Vibra to wait in the hall. I am coming."

I reached the hall and found Vibra already sitting. He stood up as soon as he saw me. I gestured for him to sit. He sat down.

" Your Highness... I tested the mass."

"Good. Tell me the results."

"The mass is neither solid, nor liquid. It is a gaseous mass of some new element, perhaps another celstial body. The element isn't hazardous. I checked it's radioactivity, poisonous components and flammability. Everything was negetive, but I think something big is going to happen in the space."

"Is there any harm to us?" 

"As far as I think, there is no harm to us." assured Vibra, "but, please would you give me permission to keep the area under my observation?"

"Yes, you may."

"Thank you, Your Highness...", Vibra said, "May I leave?"

"Yes, you may."

Vibra left.

Hi my name is Tsunami and I am here to give you a great long review. Oh and if I say anything that is rood in this review please tell me because I don’t mean to be rood at all.

Okay let’s get started with what I like about the chapter.

I like the name of the story I think so fare it soots what I have read so great choices of name. :D I like the characters to so fare. I like they have different personalities. I know if all of your characters had the same personality's people will just think the story is lame and boring. So I think you are doing a great job with your story so fare. and I liked it that you intradoses the problem in the first chapter. :) :wink: :wink: So that is all good.

Okay I am now going to start the review.

Okay the story is really good but I think it needs to have a little bit more work in the description. Like ate the very beginning on the chapter. I think you can describe planed Mars just a little.

On the planet of Mars there was a small country of aliens called Loa Loa. The country was led by me, the Queen of Aliens. The space was empty adorned with some celestial bodies.

Okay and over here I want to no what the Loa Loa look like.

One clear night, I was roaming in my royal spaceship in the black empty space with my guards to check if there is anything in the space which could harm Loa Loa. After all, I had the responsibility of the safety of my country.

Okay over here the disruption is better but I still think you can do more. Like describe the clear night a little more could you see other planets it was so clear. Stuff like that. And can you describe the queens royal spaceship a little too that will be a lot better.

So that is all thank you. :D I hope you will keep on righting great work. I am looking for word to reading more of your of your fantastic work, and your next chapter. Oh and good luck with that by the way. :wink: I hope you have a great day are night.

Oh and happy review day from your new friend Tsunami.

Eros says...

Hey, my friend, thanks a loot! Well... that wasn't rude at all. :D
And...I have tried to describe the Mars, the night and the spaceship now. You may have a look at it.

Okay.:D

Okay I just had a look at what you fixt and it is so much better. well done. :d

Dossereana says...

Hi Tsunami that was a really good review. :D I hope to see you on the site more. :D

Dossereana wrote a review...

Hi Eros, MoonFlower here to review you today. :D

Story: I really liked the story.

Characters: I really liked the characters, especially the queen.

Description: the description is very good.

Things to change: I really think that you could change Loa Loa into a scary alien name.

That's all from me and I look forward to reading more. See you later.

MoonFlower. :D

Eros says...

Scary alien name... Hmm... how would be Creepy Crawlies? Suggest something... I am not gettingany other names.
Thank you so much for your sweet and lovely review, MoonFlower! :D

Dossereana says...

How about you call your aliens the Blobs. :D But if you don't want to change your aliens name then that is okay with me. You just do what you need to do. :D I hope i will see more of your work on the site! :D

Eros says...

Wow! That's great! The humans would call then "Blobs". Thank yu so much for the idea!

Dossereana says...

You are very much welcome my new friend. :D

SofieR wrote a review...

Hey Eros! Sofie here, taking my first dive into your awesome novel :)

Firstly, this idea/concept is so cool. Reminds me of The Host and Ender's Game, two of my all time faves (sorry if you don't know those books lol) You set the tone and establish the setting right away and I was on board from the jump.

Didn't find any punctuation errors or major grammar mistakes. I supposed I were to make any suggestions, it would probably be on sentence structure.

For example, you don't always need to include "he said"'s "she said"'s at the end of every sentence. I also have the habit, and I have found that readers are actually better at keeping track of who's saying what than we think they are. We don't always have to guide them. If every line of dialogue ends in "he said" "She demanded" "he spoke" then it can get pretty repetitive.

And honestly, I think that's my only critique for this chapter. Other than that,this is a pretty solid start. Can't wait to see where the story goes. Review of chapter two coming soon!

- Sofia

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review, SofieR! I have edited the things. :D

Desdemona wrote a review...

Hello there, Eros!
This is Desdemona from "Desdemona's Brutally Honest Reviews" here for that review you requested.

Well hmmmm... I have a few bones to pick before I can enjoy this story to the maximum.

N.1: Your title;

Your title is, in my opinion, vague and sort of unrelated to the story, most of which takes place in a palace. I believe you should be more specific and imaginative, even when forging a title. The title must have critical reference to something very important occuring through the story. Your story sounds to me like the journal of an alien queen, so you can use that for example. If you want to take it a step further, say the race of the aliens instead of vaguely saying alien. If you don't want this title, or if this is not a journal; I would suggest using something specific.

Hmm. I have a lot to say about your story, so I will seperate my comments under topics.

-Sentences-

Okay. I was very glad to find that you know how to formulate sentences and didn't make sentence fragments. Don't laugh! It's a very common mistake, actually. However, you should try to join sentences wherever you can. Right now your writing comes off as choppy because you have such short sentences which can easily be joined with others. Joining sentences makes the writer appear sophisticated and helps the passage to flow more smoothly, allowing the reader to read it better. If you need examples in these, take a look at my works.

-Grammar-
Your grammar is quite nice :) Well done. However you make a few slips here and there

It should be "The country was LED by me" not LEAD. Lead is present tense.
Space is not preceded by "the".
It should be "It is true THAT there is something out there"
You slip inside a bed not in it.
You gesture FOR someone to sit
You check FOR a presence

-Your Plot-
I am not sure yet about what this story is about. You should keep tagging me for your following chapters so I can give you even more constructive reviews.

Right now, I feel that this chapter has been somewhat dull. Sure, I have questions in my head but not enough. You should try to include more details to engage and interest your readers.

What drove me insane was yout chemistry lab chapter. That is not at all how an experiment works. (Chemistry is my favourite subject and I want to become a chemical engineer when I graduate. Bear with me xD)

Chemical experiments are carried out in test tubes rather than petri dishes. We use petri dishes to cultivate bacterial cultures mainly. Also samples are never placed in trash cans but washed off in sinks.

You say you tested the substances for poisonous components which is okay and understandable from.all the reagents you used but I do not understand how you checked for flammability and radioactivity with the experiments you made. There should be more than a few test tubes to this.

Annnnnd that is all I have to say. You have done well, overall. Just work on these few things and you can do even better! Keep tagging me so I can check up on you and review your progress. Also, PM me with questions if you have them :)

Good job and keep writing!
With lots of love,
Des.

Eros says...

Thx for such a beautiful idea! But since it is not a journal, I will change it to the rule of an alien queen.

Ah, yes... I myself have done chemistry, bio and physics experiments last year. And the biology and the chemistry experiments got mixed up. And the petri dish went in the chemistry...haha! Experiments are real fun...especially the titration ones and the salt analysis was little difficult...but the resuts are awesome! Choppy sentences... Hmm.. I will try to weed out this mistake too.

Well... I have now included the other two tests--- of radioactivity and flammability. You may have a look. And, I will surely tag you when the next chapter released.
Thx for the review! :D

writer1204 wrote a review...

Good morning, Eros!!! (Well...it's morning for me, haha) :)
Writer1204 here for a review!

So, let's start off by me telling you how MUCH I enjoyed this idea. I think the background you give the reader is pretty good, and, c'mon, who doesn't love a good aliens' story? :)

Now, I did notice a couple of things as I read--absolutely nothing you should worry about, though; it's just reader's-perspective-wise.

First of all, I believe you can exploit more imaginary!! You have so much potential and I've seen it in your other works! You're a really talented writer, so I'd like to see more depth in this alien community. I was watching a video the other day on the different genres in fiction and what they convey. The Sci-Fi one and Fantasy had some common characteristics, the main being "the thorough introduction to the fantasy world".
Give the reader details, stuff their faces--everything with moderation, too--with this world or race that you have in mind so that they can build that in their heads, add our personal details--since every writer should know the reader will NEVER have the same image as the one in our heads while we write it--and let them enjoy the story in a more close way. I just think you have enough potential to work through those minor details, and I guarantee you that you can take this far.

Another thing I noticed was the names of some aliens. For instance, Taurus & Leo!! I don't know if you were aiming for that, but I totally thought of the constellations, which is GREAT. I really, really enjoyed that. :)

I guess those are the only minor details I wanted to highlight, but, seriously, if you go with simple in your writing, then ignore everything I just said! :) Amazing job, Eros. You fail not on impressing me every time!!
Keep on writing!!

Hope you have a nice day/night!
Sincerely, Writer1204!

(PS: Let me know if you'll continue to post more of this because I'd absolutely love to follow up with it!!)

Eros says...

Hmm... I have decided to describe the looks and the personalities of these aliens and all the other things in detail in my subsequent chapters. It will be from a different POV. :D
Thank you so much such a motivating review.
Have a GREAT day to you! It's night here... :D

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream