Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Politics

What if

by Edelweiss

It is a known fact that we are all born dying, and we will face death. How and when you face it can or cannot be in your power.

Unless you live under a rock, than you must be aware that in this world there are two types of people, good and bad. That’s why Mom always reminded you to “And don’t talk to strangers!” Anyway, because of all the shootings a lot of hatred and tension has been created against white and black people. Everyone is under the impression that white people and black people don’t like each other. Separation of race had resulted in a bitter feud, hate instead of love is thrown around, chaos instead of peace.

Have you ever stopped to consider it may not be what it’s made out to be? Just because the media says white people hate black people because of their skin color, doesn’t mean it’s true.

What if, it was just good guy vs bad guy? What if, we are told lies by the media to believe racism exist when it never did in the first place? What if, all of this is just a distraction from the real threat?

Black lives do matter, but so do white, brown, pink and blue! The color of skin doesn’t make a difference because all lives matter! So instead of separating into racist groups, why can’t we come together as one?

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:54 pm
Remington38 wrote a review...

Hello Remington38 here for a reveiw!

I really like this essay. It's short sweet and to the point which is good because for a topic such as this I have seen where people fill pages after pages of opinions and rants that is completely unessesary. He last paragraph stands out the most to me and strong and well worded. Another thing I admired about this was you were able to put it in a way where even a younger person would be able to understand it. With the comparison of the mother always telling to be aware of the good and the bad most people are going to understand and connect to that. This was written very well. Have a good day :)

Edelweiss says...

Thank you so much! I'm really happy you enjoyed and understood it!

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:26 pm
SarcasticSpringRoll wrote a review...

I like what you've got a good story here i am a big fan you can tell that you have bin righting a bit, I like the ending but the beginning was a bit sketchy but other then that it is pretty good thing going on here P.S love the profile PIC. this is a really good story here you should write more like it or maybe even a second one case i am a big fan maybe I can follow you and maybe you can follow me!
From a 1 to 10 rating i would give your story a good 8 or 9 and that is really good! now keep in mind that i am no fames writer but i love your work and i will follow you case this is great or you gonna follow me? any way you or great! keep up the great writing :)

Edelweiss says...

I'm thrilled you like my essay, and thanks for the follow.
P.S. I followed you back! ;)

thank you so much,
see you tomorrow

Edelweiss says...

No problem! See ya!

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe