Scribbles 2

by Buranko

The wink of the night
Pierces lifeless roads
Flattering the
Little weeds.

Pale fire dances
Drowning in oil
Biting the
Wax wick.

Blades of light
Enter the sleeping chamber.
The darkness is bleeding
Snors and growls.

Lonely
In the white desert
A dead lightbulb
Shivers.

Curtains tie
The windows.
Their strangled cries
Don't impress me

Ink on a paper
Ink on the snow
Ink in the sky
God is a pen.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:24 am
LUNARGIRL wrote a review...

Hello,

I really enjoyed this poem, even though it is the most confusing, confounding, bewildering poem I have ever read. In a good way.

My favorite part was the ending where it says. I really like the repetition of it, how you keep repeating the word ink.
"Ink on a paper
Ink on the snow
Ink in the sky
God is a pen.

I also really liked this part too.
"Blades of light
Enter the sleeping chamber.
The darkness is bleeding
Snors and growls."

I loved all the imagery you used to convey your poem, it made it very deep. I always try to use imagery when I'm writing, but sometimes it doesn't always work for me. It was a great poem even if they were just "Scribbles."

Can't wait to read what you write next.

Carpe diem,
LUNARGIRL

Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 pm
rida says...

Wow, I liked this poem a lot! This is the most confusing poem in the history of confusing poems! (Meaning it doesn’t make sense at all, which the title explains.) But what I truly like, is the imagery, I always try to use good imagery but I’m never able to do it. You are a wonderful poet! And a talented one too! Hope to see more interesting Scribbles, and keep writing!
:)

Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 pm
rida wrote a review...

:)

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 pm
Haileyg21 wrote a review...

HI!
I love your poem. honestly when i read the name "scribbles" i thought it would be bad.
BUT the way you use the words in this make it so that a whole lot of emotions pile right under the surface of this it sparks more interest then any other poem i've read since i started this.
The way you describe it makes it better and shows a side to words most people don't notice.

momonster wrote a review...

Momo's here!

I really like this poem a lot! You are such a good poet, and I love seeing your poetry around the site. That being said, let's look at something I wanted to point out.

The darkness is bleeding
Snors and growls.

Snors should be snoring here, and growls should be growling.

Another thing. You capitalize every line in this poem. It looks somewhat odd. Try to make the first word in a sentence capital, and the rest lowercase.

That's it! Keep writing!
Momo

Buranko says...

I am used to capitalizing every line. I have been doing this since I was really young. It is really hard to change that now

Buranko says...

And what I meant with "darkness is bleeding/snors and growls" was that those sounds were the "blood". It is a metaphor for how the peace and silence is harmed by such interjections. And aww thank you for the kind words,I will continue writing poems and maybe prose someday when I will have enough points xD

momonster says...

ok.

"If fortis was here, we could have a teal party"
— Pompadour