To Celebrate YWS

by BlueSunset

Yes, this is dedicated to Young Writer's Society and everyone who makes it the best community that it truly is. Thank you everyone for helping YWS become what it is, you're all wonderful!

Happy birthday, YWS

I hope you've had a blast,

you're a great community,

no questions asked.

For all who are reading this poem,

your reviewing and such,

give yourself a pat on the back,

you deserve at least that much.

And thank you personally, Nate

you work so hard for this site!

Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:08 pm
alliyah says...

(I still think this is really neat!)

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:00 am

Interesting piece, really plays to the audience.

Some constructive criticism:

"Happy birthday , YWS" <- missing a comma, seems like it could use an exclamation mark somewhere in first stanza as well.

"blast" and "asked" are solid creative rhyming choices.

"For all who is reading this poem," you need to change "is" to "are".

"for all reviewing and such" this line is a little vague and it is awkward in my opinion to be using "for all" twice in a row in this instance.

I agree with the other reviewers that the part that says "And thank you personally, Nate" looks a little out of place and needs a corresponding line to compensate.

Good work! And cool graphics! Good luck writing!

~alliyah

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:43 pm
Lava says...

I must say, the image you used with the gradient and stuff reads really well when you scroll down. It's a little bit beautiful, a little playful. It reminds me vaguely of The Oatmeal, but this seems less snarky and more thoughtful.
Loved it!

BlueSunset says...

Thanks so much! :D

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:18 am
Tay01 wrote a review...

Just a quick one. At first, I thought the poem was that big picture up there. Of course, it wasn't. But at least put the poem up there first. I was going to review the whole thing as "difficult to read, rhymes are in three and the stanzas are seperated, which makes it difficult to read."

But then I saw the end. Now that's more like it. It was very nice of you to say that to the whole of Young Writers Society. Just one thing about that.

"And thank you personally, Nate!"

That seemed like it is out. The rest of your poem rhymes except for that. Please balance out a little bit and give like a small stanza to say thank you to Nate. This is my suggestion.

"And thank you personally, Nate!
Your hard work is amazing,
Owner and founder of a website that's great,
Helping our lives have more zing!"

Hope I helped, Sunset101.

BlueSunset says...

Thank you, I actually might take part of that stanza example that you showed me and encorperate into my piece, if that'd be okay with you? :D

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:02 am
EternalRain says...

Ahhh! This was absolutely stunning! Great work! ^-^

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:14 pm
Variks wrote a review...

This is a pretty great poem. I liked how you directly referred to the reader with:
"For all who is reading this poem,
for all reviewing and such,
give yourself a pat on the back,
you deserve at least that much."

It was interesting for someone to do that. I've not read a poem that refers to the reader so directly like this one did.
As to the rest of the poem, it's great.

BlueSunset says...

Thank you :D

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane