Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction

12+

Joker Missed - Finally! - Chapter 8

by Archangel

Joker POV

My prise is in the back seat sleeping soundly, I can't wait to see those eyes up close for myself. 'When the little beauty wakes up. But should I put her in a normal room or my playroom?' I tilt my head and tap my chin as I contemplate what to do with the woman I've been tracking for months. 'treat her right, as if she was a treasure that no one could replace and will diminish if not taken care of.' Harley's words pop into my mind, reminding me that this woman may be the one meant for me. I arrive at my house and park my Lamborghini in the garage, picking (Y/N) up and out of the back seat, carrying her into the house. I decided to put her in the spare room next to my own, knowing she would wake up in a strange place and I want to woo her. Make her mine. That wouldn't happen very fast if she wakes up in my room - or my playroom.

"Thane! Get your sneaky little ass up here!" I call to him, wanting her to feel safe, but not trapped here. I wanted her, no, needed her to trust me. What was this feeling?

"Yes, Sir?" Thane gets to my side shortly, pulling the blankets aside on (Y/N)'s bed for me so I could slide her underneath. I place her gently down and tuck her in silently before turning to him and beckoning him to follow me out.

"Thane I want her to stay put. Don't scare her, or make her feel trapped. I need her to be safe and trust me. I want security detail at top notch but, hidden. Do what you can and keep me posted." Thane nods then leaves me to my thoughts. I take a shower, waiting for (Y/N) to wake up.

(Time Skip(Shut up. You all know that I'm lazy)) ~A few hours later~

"Sir! Sir! She's gone!" A voice shouts, cutting through my thoughts.

"WHAT?!" I scream. I'm in a rage, the voices are screaming and laughing at me.

"I went to go check on her myself, to make sure she was okay and see if she was awake or not. When I opened the door, however, she was gone. Nowhere to be seen. I have the heavier security on the borders already and a few boys checking outside the perimeter, as well inside just in case." I'm fuming. She got away from me in my own territory. I need to find her myself. But, at the same time, I can't. I'm pissed and don't want to hurt her, which is very likely when I'm pissed.

"How did she get out?"

"Window we believe. She's a clever one because she took a path that we can't trace. At all."

"Well, find a way. I just got her. I'm not letting go. I. Will. Have. Her." 'I will have you, (Y/N). I guarantee it.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew! It's been a while since I worked on this one! Or any story for that matter. Anyway, I have more work lined up for you guys to cretiqe and edit!

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 pm
EditorAndPerks wrote a review...

Hello there. Popping by to give you a review and get this work out of the Green Room.

I haven't read the other chapters in this, but let's see where I can get with this.

Starting off, I'm curious as to whether Joker's possessive nature in this chapter marks him as the antagonist of this story - judging by the main character being a reader insert. I'm putting this article here by @OverEasy on Antagonists and Villains to maybe help you expand on Joker's many sides as a character. This almost sounds like the reverse of how Harley Quinn had been portrayed to be obsessed with Joker when in turn, it sounds like he is the one hunting over the main character.

In addition, I want to address the actual reader insert and say that even with this being a fanfiction, I'd rather have an actual name to better actually connect with this story, but maybe that's just my preference. I'm curious as to why you choose an insert instead of a name that readers can pretend to be that way? Either way, I think that's a different part of this story.

One final point is that I think I would like either longer chapters or a more drawn-out scene, as in having more descriptions and establishing a clearer tone. Here, we're kind of thrust into Joker's mind with kind of weird lines such as "I'm fuming" which seemed like a weird thing for someone to refer to themselves as doing? I think that's one issue that comes from the first person is that describing actions and emotions comes in a more complicated manner.

That's all for now!

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:17 pm
FireSpyGirl wrote a review...

Hi there!
So this is an interesting chapter, if not a little creepy. :D. I like that though. I don't have anything to suggest, really. I only noticed that one word was misspelled, and that is the word "prise." It should be "Prize." :).

I like how you wrote the character. He is very well written, the reader gets to go inside of him, feel his every emotion, etc. Another thing I like is that this story is not over-detailed.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:17 am

I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26